Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town F.C v Stevenage F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21703 times)
skay

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 14:56:45 »

The answer is easy. Flint up front with Byrne and Roberts on the flank. We will walk the plays offs using this system.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 14:59:34 »

I know things didn't work out with Mr Polly Parrett, but young Byrne and Luongo do look very handy additions to the squad. MacDonald's contacts and eye for young talent could be handy in shaping our squads going forward. With Nathan Thompson, Miles Storey and to a lesser extent Louis Thompson, I guess this is how we are going to approach things going forward.

We have quite a lot of older players who are nearer the end of their career also.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 15:01:28 »

The answer is easy. Flint up front with Byrne and Roberts on the flank. We will walk the plays offs using this system.

Flint's ability in the air is annoying as well. He had one good header that their keeper did well to claw away, but how many times do you see Flint rise perfectly to head the ball, expect to see the net bulge, only to see him put it into the Town End. He scored 2 goals with his feet on Saturday but he should get more bearing in mind how powerful he is in the air.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
skay

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 15:06:21 »

Flint's ability in the air is annoying as well. He had one good header that their keeper did well to claw away, but how many times do you see Flint rise perfectly to head the ball, expect to see the net bulge, only to see him put it into the Town End. He scored 2 goals with his feet on Saturday but he should get more bearing in mind how powerful he is in the air.

I know what you mean, sometimes you want him to just show a bit more agreession in the air like Andy Carroll against United the other week.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 15:25:59 »

but he should get more bearing in mind how powerful he is in the air.

To be fair, he normally has two to three opposition players holding onto his shirt at every corner, which the ref/linesmen fail to spot, or like that Notts County sub, just wrestle him to the ground.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 17:01:42 »

Roberts fimally showing the form that we knew he had. Maybe KMac can take some credit here, he hardly shone under di Canio.

It's All Good..............
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 17:07:05 »

It works on Football manager if I'm out of subs! And as we all know, football manager is exactly the same as real life.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 19:28:26 »

I know things didn't work out with Mr Polly Parrett, but young Byrne and Luongo do look very handy additions to the squad. MacDonald's contacts and eye for young talent could be handy in shaping our squads going forward. With Nathan Thompson, Miles Storey and to a lesser extent Louis Thompson, I guess this is how we are going to approach things going forward.

We have quite a lot of older players who are nearer the end of their career also.

Could indeed be the way forward - I mentioned on another thread that this is the Posh approach (not necessarily that successful) to staying in the Championship on crowds of 7,000.  Quite like the Watford tactic, as it has turned out (even better) of competing with crowds in the low teens too but that might not be sustainable.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 20:18:13 »

I wouldnt be adverse to a more long term plan, signing youngsters on a more sustainable budget... However if that is the route the new board are going to take then I think they need to signal that it is their intent to take it slow and give KMac time to build that philosophy. However, I can see the board carrying on with the same inteptitude that they've shown so far, not making that idea (or anything else clear) and so proceeding with themselves + KMac getting destroyed by the fans.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 22, 2013, 20:22:47 by Cibocchi_Is_God » Logged
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 20:27:25 »

I wouldnt be adverse to a more long term plan, signing youngsters on a more sustainable budget... However if that is the route the new board are going to take then I think they need to signal that it is their intent to take it slow and give KMac time to build that philosophy. However, I can see the board carrying on with the same inteptitude that they've shown so far, not making that idea (or anything else clear) and so proceeding with themselves + KMac getting destroyed by the fans.

I think it's paramount that come the end of the season (when we know what league we're playing in) the board come out and put forward how they're going to run the football club.

It's important that everyone knows where they stand.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 21:00:00 »

I'd be happy to see a more prudent approach centred around bringing youth on. Seeing Nathan's progress this season shows that given game time every so often a gem emerges. Miles has shown promise to.

From what I've seen/heard Alex Ferguson, Louis Thompson and Aaron Oakley are highly thought of, so it'd be good to see more youngsters progress.

Build that around some experienced pro's like Ward/Ferry and pick up a few loans and it would be certainly interesting to watch.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 21:31:45 »

I think it's paramount that come the end of the season (when we know what league we're playing in) the board come out and put forward how they're going to run the football club.

It's important that everyone knows where they stand.

If they have any interest in running this club in the long term - which we dont know they do (I suspect not) - then surely this has to be priority number one? The club is in dire need of a direction and an ideology which the fans and board alike can stick to. At the beggining of the season I thought we had one, I thought under Paolo, Wray et al that we had a ruthless winning mentality that would continue at the club for a while yet. Obviously I was wrong, now we're back at square one, the same stage we were at before the Andrew Black era and i'm none the wiser as to what the club stand for, or at even what we plan to stand for.
REDBUCK

« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 00:18:44 »

What load of twaddle, you do realise it's just a football club don't you. You'll have them posting mission statements around thewalls of the ground next and setting us personal objectives. Since when did Swindon ever have an ideology other than to win more than you lose and more over announce it to the world
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 05:10:03 »

What load of twaddle, you do realise it's just a football club don't you. You'll have them posting mission statements around thewalls of the ground next and setting us personal objectives. Since when did Swindon ever have an ideology other than to win more than you lose and more over announce it to the world
Twaddle?
Are you Stephen Fry?

It's All Good..............
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 06:21:05 »

we're back at square one, the same stage we were at before the Andrew Black era

Thankfully, we're not.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: