Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39702 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 18:12:54 »

I didn't think we'd miss him as much as we have...
To be honest SY I never really bought into the Ritchie fan club, but he could do different things and score some spectacular goals, he was much better with Caddis though.  To me we are clueless at times wheres MR was prepared to try something different.
70s townender

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 18:16:22 »

just got back.THAT WAS FUCKING DIRE.wow if we both go up we're going to set the championship alight.thought they had spiked my pint and pie and i was back at home at the seaside i even asked someone if they knew the tide times before i relised i was at the side of the pitch, we were fucking embarrasing and they bullied us off the ball all over the pitch, if they dont man up fast we are doomed.it was only my 2nd game this season .but the change in the team,and attitude is unreal.I hope K mac isnt going to be a 0-0 manager and hope to win an odd game 1 -0 .Anyway no more doom and gloom my nxt game is sheff utd so "ONWARDS AND UPWARDS"

we are going as warriors
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #377 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 18:22:44 »

Just back off holiday and watched a recording of the match. Thought we looked very poor. We had noone up front and midfielders who seemed to want to run with the ball and not pass it.

Positives for me were a good save from Fodderingham and a strong performance from Flint - Although a different ref may have given 2 penalties against him. I thought Bryant looked an adequate replacement and right back, if a little lightweight.

I thought Navarro looked fat. McCormack had a bit of a stinker. Parrett looked like Kevin the teenager everytime he lost the ball. Ullongo has one foot and likes to run with the ball. Collins and Rooney were awful. Ferry looked lost on the right. Roberts and DeVita didn't get into the game.

Apart from that, we looked like world beaters! (Groan!)

Byrne was fucking terrible. He did put a couple of useful crosses in when he got forward, I think we should play him at right midfield.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 18:34:56 »

just got back.THAT WAS FUCKING DIRE.wow if we both go up we're going to set the championship alight.thought they had spiked my pint and pie and i was back at home at the seaside i even asked someone if they knew the tide times before i relised i was at the side of the pitch, we were fucking embarrasing and they bullied us off the ball all over the pitch, if they dont man up fast we are doomed.it was only my 2nd game this season .but the change in the team,and attitude is unreal.I hope K mac isnt going to be a 0-0 manager and hope to win an odd game 1 -0 .Anyway no more doom and gloom my nxt game is sheff utd so "ONWARDS AND UPWARDS"
I actually expected us to up our game after half time (a la Yeovil), but it didn't happen.  I really do wonder whether the players are buying into this formation, certainly Collins and Rooney looked disinterested at best.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 18:36:42 »

I hope K mac isnt going to be a 0-0 manager and hope to win an odd game 1 -0 .Anyway no more doom and gloom my nxt game is sheff utd so "ONWARDS AND UPWARDS"

Yeah because we've had a run of 0-0's since he took over haven't we...... Oh no it's happened exactly once.

Can I remind you all again:

PDC's last 6 games in charge were 3x1-1 draws, a 0-0 draw, a 1-0 win and a 2-0 win = 10 points, +3 goal difference

KMacs first 6 games have been a 2-1 win, a 2-2 draw, a 2-1 defeat, a 2-0 win, a 1-1 draw and a 0-0 draw = 9 points, +2 goal difference.

It's not a significantly different run of form is it?

People also might want to think back to PDC's FIRST 6 games in charge which started with a 0-0. followed by a run of 3 defeats (including a 5-0 kicking at home by Port Vale), and then a couple of scrappy 1-0 wins = 6 points, -6 goal difference. And that was with a team he assembled and had worked with throughout pre-season.

..never go back.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 18:39:28 »

Yeah because we've had a run of 0-0's since he took over haven't we...... Oh no it's happened exactly once.

Can I remind you all again:

PDC's last 6 games in charge were 3x1-1 draws, a 0-0 draw, a 1-0 win and a 2-0 win = 10 points, +3 goal difference

KMacs first 6 games have been a 2-1 win, a 2-2 draw, a 2-1 defeat, a 2-0 win, a 1-1 draw and a 0-0 draw = 9 points, +2 goal difference.

It's not a significantly different run of form is it?

People also might want to think back to PDC's FIRST 6 games in charge which started with a 0-0. followed by a run of 3 defeats (including a 5-0 kicking at home by Port Vale), and then a couple of scrappy 1-0 wins = 6 points, -6 goal difference. And that was with a team he assembled and had worked with throughout pre-season.
What?? When did that happen?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #381 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 18:40:22 »

He wasn't comparing him to Paolo Di Canio though.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 18:43:08 »

We needed them but perhaps not all at the same time. It's a bit Wembley 2012 isn't it?

I'd also suggest that players with some league experience might have been more beneficial.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 18:48:18 »

What?? When did that happen?

Oops!

That's what you get for looking back to seasons that you didn't watch. That was a 5-0 win!

Fuck that's a mad run of results at the beginning of the season. How do you win 5-0 one week and then lose to fucking Aldershot?

And SP I know he didn't make the comparison, I was just trying to make the point that the run of form we've had stretches back way beyond KMcs appointment. There was that run of great results over Christmas, and since then it's been a bit hit and miss, and the side has struggled for goals.  

..never go back.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 18:50:26 »

Oops!

That's what you get for looking back to seasons that you didn't watch. That was a 5-0 win!

Fuck that's a mad run of results at the beginning of the season. How do you win 5-0 one week and then lose to fucking Aldershot?

And SP I know he didn't make the comparison, I was just trying to make the point that the run of form we've had stretches back way beyond KMcs appointment. There was that run of great results over Christmas, and since then it's been a bit hit and miss, and the side has struggled for goals. 
In fairness, there is very little in that last paragraph which is not total bollocks.
woolster

« Reply #385 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 18:54:34 »

Oops!

can I suggest you actually watch the town before posting again Embarrassed
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 19:07:53 »

In fairness, there is very little in that last paragraph which is not total bollocks.

The accuracy of the paragraph previous to that could have been better
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 19:15:53 »

There's bound to to be vastly more negativity (and rightly so) due to the much greater numbers who would have watched it today that otherwise wouldn't have. I think that was the worst i've seen this season for sure, but if it would have been a run of a mill saturday game with 500 away fans and a 1-0 defeat to the league leaders, there would have been moaning, but not near on wrist slitting.

Play-offs have to be the aim now. If we somehow manage to put enough results to be in for automatic come the final game or two, then of course we have to be gunning for it. For the club to still be in the position we are after the last few months is in a way a credit to the players, staff and fans. We could be in a much worse position. I remember the apathy we had against Wycombe away 3 years ago when we were last going for automatic, we must not let that happen again. FFS we have 5 games to go. We still have plenty of quality and there is still all to play for. The memories of 2010-11 should stir each of us up.

We've been spoilt after not losing many games at all over the last season and this. To give up now would be pathetic.

5 games to go. Let's go fucking mental and fight for it.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 1, 2013, 19:17:49 by dogs » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #388 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 19:16:34 »

What's wrong with it?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 19:30:19 »

Who created the macdonald out page on facebook then?

Fucking hell some people are lepers
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: