Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39635 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:56:27 »

well could have been worse

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:58:22 »

Down to 5th, still in the play-offs. Let's hope KMac learns from today and changes things up accordingly for next week. A good break.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 16:05:12 »

Fucking hell, to be a Swindon fan Suicide

I get that some people are upset at the performance, but having just read through this thread I fear for some TEFers' well being tonight.

Yes, a dismal performance on a shit pitch. But Donny didn't offer much either and the only real threat came from Cotterill although his delivery was somewhat lacking.

I think KMac showed a little bit of inexperience and naivety by sticking with his one up front against two centre backs who'll head rocks all day long. Zero shots on target is pretty criminal for a side aiming for automatic promotion though. Our game was crying out for a little bit of pace in behind their back line.

For me, if we end up in the play-offs then so be it. I don't think our form all season long has warranted an auto promotion place. I'd be extremely happy with finishing in the top 6 after only being promoted back into this league last season.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 16:08:44 »

I think KMac showed a little bit of inexperience and naivety by sticking with his one up front against two centre backs who'll head rocks all day long. Zero shots on target is pretty criminal for a side aiming for automatic promotion though. Our game was crying out for a little bit of pace in behind their back line.
against yeovil it was exactly the same, but we actually got our foot on the ball in midfield and played to williams' feet after 45 minutes of watching lurch 1 and lurch 2 head it out. as a result we  brought people into the game and didn't rely on the second ball every time. however with the lethargy in the midfield today we were never going to do this and we're doomed.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 16:09:05 »

It was cold.

Thats all i have to say.

Not a happy chappy tonight.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 16:16:27 »

well could have been worse

It really is a topsy turvy league.  We only manage a point at home to Notts County and Yeovil go and beat them away.

Doncaster and Bournemouth to take the top 2 spots I think.  They seem to be grinding out the 1-0 wins when required.  POs I reckon are still up for grabs down to Franchise in 10th.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #351 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 16:19:58 »

I get that some people are upset at the performance, but having just read through this thread I fear for some TEFers' well being tonight.

Yes, a dismal performance on a shit pitch. But Donny didn't offer much either and the only real threat came from Cotterill although his delivery was somewhat lacking.

For me, if we end up in the play-offs then so be it. I don't think our form all season long has warranted an auto promotion place. I'd be extremely happy with finishing in the top 6 after only being promoted back into this league last season.
Gotta say I agree totally with that Sam.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 16:29:55 »

It really is a topsy turvy league.  We only manage a point at home to Notts County and Yeovil go and beat them away.

Doncaster and Bournemouth to take the top 2 spots I think.  They seem to be grinding out the 1-0 wins when required.  POs I reckon are still up for grabs down to Franchise in 10th.

I think Sheff U and Donny will get top 2. Nervously looking over our shoulders now as Walsall and Yeovil close in on us but 7-9 points should be enough.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 16:45:41 »

Well, having had enough time to reflect on that piss poor performance the thing that worries me is how half-hearted we seem to have become, ball bouncing about in mid-field always seemed to be easily taken by the opponents - and it's an issue that is creeping into home games as well.  The lack of ambition and urgency is worrying, we didn't step up to it on Friday until falling behind - and swapping to a 4-4-2.  Wes and the centre-backs are the only players who can take any credit from today, surely Devera (if genuinely fit) would make a better full back than Macca - he was another that was so sloppy yet our only threatening efforts were when he ran with the ball. 
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 16:48:35 »

Well, having had enough time to reflect on that piss poor performance the thing that worries me is how half-hearted we seem to have become, ball bouncing about in mid-field always seemed to be easily taken by the opponents - and it's an issue that is creeping into home games as well.  The lack of ambition and urgency is worrying, we didn't step up to it on Friday until falling behind - and swapping to a 4-4-2.  Wes and the centre-backs are the only players who can take any credit from today, surely Devera (if genuinely fit) would make a better full back than Macca - he was another that was so sloppy yet our only threatening efforts were when he ran with the ball. 

Has this coincided with Ferry being moved out wide?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 17:12:33 »

Yes. Plus Miller and or McCormack

No idea how fit some of our injured or just returned from being injured players are but if possible next game needs to be

Wes
Thompson, Flint, Ward, McEveley
Roberts, Ferry, McCormack, De Vita
Williams, Collins

Bedwell, Devera, Rooney x2, Spurs lads x3

I hope we don't HAVE to play our loan players.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 17:21:33 »

Have to say it very strange all three have been thrown in at once,really does seem to have affected the balance off the team.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 17:22:55 »

I hate away matches. I'm done with them.

:-)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 17:30:50 »

Admittedly the ramblings of a man who has drunken way too much for 6.29 on a Monday afternoon but....

FUCK OFF Kevin MacDonald you negative clueless cunt. Our chances of promotion are now going to be ruined by Paul Hart and Maurice Malpas's lovechild. I have been immensely positive and rejected any negative feelings up until now if only to put a brave face on the shite you have served up in recent weeks but enough is enough. I can face falling out of the position we held but if that lackluster effortless spasticated  poor excuse for a performance is now going to be the norm for Swindon Town you can fuck off. Gutted I've renewed my season ticket.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 17:37:09 »

Most of the peoples reactions are on todays performance....which was woeful.

If a fan can't critisize the team today....then they never will.

We all appreciate and applaud the team when they do the biz.....on the flipside is today.

I wouldn't care if we were ten points clear and already up.....i still would not be happy with what i watched today.

This is the matchday thread....so todays match is what is being talked about.

Like you Sam i agree on the top 6 spot scenario...but i think todays performance was always going to receive negative comments.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: