Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311798 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 15:31:01 »

You can call it shit stirring or PDC mind games. I call it disappointing

BBC Wiltshire ‏@BBCWiltshire

1/3: Having said he wouldn't talk about off the pitch issues, #Swindon manager Paolo di Canio says he hasn't spoken to board since weekend

2/3: Di Canio says there's a hostile environment at CG and club has lied and broken promises over new players.

3/3:Di Canio says current board not spoken to him in 3-4 months and he doesn't want to talk to any of them at the moment,focusing on game.

And also

SPORT: #Swindon manager Paolo di Canio says he doesn't want to bring #Norwich striker Chris Martin back to club after loan ended.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #1231 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 15:36:24 »

Mind games I think... "Look we need players, I have no fit players and look how well I am doing"
But I agree, it's a tad dissapointing that he wont take any youth players solely in order to strengthen his own bargaining position.
Flashheart

« Reply #1232 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 15:43:45 »

it's a tad dissapointing that he wont take any youth players solely in order to strengthen his own bargaining position.

We don't know that.

Anyway. I can't get my head around him blaming the board for the loanees falling through. It's irrational and although he may be a loon, he ain't stupid. Perhaps he doesn't really blame them but is using it as extra ammo to get his own way.

I also get the impression he's pissed off at black et al and not so much the new lot, but I could be wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1233 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 15:43:51 »

Mind games I think...

Hope so, rather than a true reflection of his state of mind. Though there is no mention of the perspective new regime in there, so there is still hope even if it is.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 15:47:20 »

Nick W sits on the board so I find it hard to believe he hasn't spoken to him in 4 months. Perhaps he means Black specifically?

I would have thought this would be a great opportunity to give some U18's match day experience even if they won't play. What harm is there? 

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1235 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 15:50:01 »

1/3: Having said he wouldn't talk about off the pitch issues, #Swindon manager Paolo di Canio says he hasn't spoken to board since weekend

But he also says he hasn’t spoken to them for 3-4 months so this must refer to the potential new owners?!

2/3: Di Canio says there's a hostile environment at CG and club has lied and broken promises over new players.

We tried to bring in 3 players on loan and the Football league stopped us, so how has the club broken its promise…unless there is some sort of issue that really caused the loans not to happen.
Have the new owners not got the finance to fund these loans after the takeover? Or did the old board promise him what was left over from the 500k that was brought forward in November, only to pull the plug on it?!

It’s so confusing and contradictory from everyone at the moment!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #1236 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 15:50:07 »

4 months...so pretty much after Wray was replaced by SWP

#VivaKenBarlow!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1237 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 15:50:18 »

We don't know that.

Anyway. I can't get my head around him blaming the board for the loanees falling through. It's irrational and although he may be a loon, he ain't stupid. Perhaps he doesn't really blame them but is using it as extra ammo to get his own way.

I also get the impression he's pissed off at black et al and not so much the new lot, but I could be wrong.

I think this is right. There's been no-one on the board with any interest in football for at least three months. They don't even bother telling him when they've sold players. In their minds they moved on ages ago. It's pretty casual that they didn't even see the value in selling the club with PdC as a current asset. Paolo needs to wait and see how the new owners treat him.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1238 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 15:55:09 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/10022281.Paolo_positive_after_summit/

last meeting i could find...
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 15:57:43 »

I think this is right. There's been no-one on the board with any interest in football for at least three months. They don't even bother telling him when they've sold players. In their minds they moved on ages ago. It's pretty casual that they didn't even see the value in selling the club with PdC as a current asset. Paolo needs to wait and see how the new owners treat him.

Agreed, good post
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 16:00:44 »

We don't know that.

Certainly seems that way though, I mean why wouldnt he bother to take youth players? He took Oakley on saturday for the experience...

I hope he is only pissed off with Black ect for the moment though, because it'd be a bit irrational for him to be annoyed with the new owners as you say. Especially as they haven't been given the opportunity to publically declare their position/support for PDC yet.
fatbasher

« Reply #1241 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 18:46:27 »

This ties in with PDC staying or going.

More worryingly than Paolo going is this. If the take over fails not only will he be off but we'll have to sell more players to survive, now I know the window has shut but I am sure without any "owners" as such the administrators called in would be able to off load our crown jewels by special dispensation. We'll lose at least 10 points too.

So everything and i mean everything hinges on the sale.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 07:38:28 by fatbasher » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 18:59:25 »

I hope he is only pissed off with Black ect for the moment though, because it'd be a bit irrational for him to be annoyed with the new owners as you say. Especially as they haven't been given the opportunity to publically declare their position/support for PDC yet.

When Paolo's pissed off he's pissed off with everyone. If the new owners come in and give him a blank cheque he'll love everyone and the last couple of weeks will be a distant memory, with him signing a new 10 year contract and stating he'll be here for the rest of his career. Until someone pisses him off again.
wigglesworth

« Reply #1243 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:24:23 »

When Paolo's pissed off he's pissed off with everyone. If the new owners come in and give him a blank cheque he'll love everyone and the last couple of weeks will be a distant memory, with him signing a new 10 year contract and stating he'll be here for the rest of his career. Until someone pisses him off again.

Phil, is that you?  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:29:35 »

But he also says he hasn’t spoken to them for 3-4 months so this must refer to the potential new owners?!

We tried to bring in 3 players on loan and the Football league stopped us, so how has the club broken its promise…unless there is some sort of issue that really caused the loans not to happen.
Have the new owners not got the finance to fund these loans after the takeover? Or did the old board promise him what was left over from the 500k that was brought forward in November, only to pull the plug on it?!

It’s so confusing and contradictory from everyone at the moment!

I really wouldn't try and do much deep analysis of what Di Canio says. He quite often contradicts what he's said in the same interview, part of the "speaking from the heart" bit I guess. It all kind of adds up in the end, but it rarely bears line-by-line dissection
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: