Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 309824 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1950 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 09:31:35 »

I'm pretty sure the Shrivenham Road Stand was moved lock stock and barrel from Aldershot.

Indeed, but that was essentially a steel frame that could be dismantled and rebuilt with little work.

Whilst the DRS (and all modern stands) are via a canti frame which could in theory be dismantled and rebuilt, these is so muich concrete and other material that would have to be replaced it just would not be viable to move.

Its not so much a catch 22 as a fact that the Council needs the club and vice versa.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #1951 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 09:39:26 »

Its not so much a catch 22 as a fact that the Council needs the club and vice versa.

This is true, even more so if our prospective new owners will fund a redevelopment. The scope and the land is there around the CG, it just needs investment and forward momentum.

I seem to remember one snag being the use of the land, in so much that any prospective retailers using space in a re-developed CG had to be in the leisure industry which is a little limiting.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #1952 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 09:40:05 »

Absolutely agree.  I think I heard recently that the terms of the lease were up for review very soon (next month?) and that the Club was looking to have the duration extended - was 99 years mentioned somewhere? - so that development of the site was viable from the Club's point of view.

The current lease expires at the end of March this year. The rent is a base rent which increases in line with inflation each year plus an additional rent which is a percentage of the clubs turnover. All of this info comes from the club accounts from recent years.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1953 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 10:04:14 »

So I take it I'm still marching on FL headquarters later today / early tomorrow
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1954 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 13:02:24 »

Absolutely agree.  I think I heard recently that the terms of the lease were up for review very soon (next month?) and that the Club was looking to have the duration extended - was 99 years mentioned somewhere? - so that development of the site was viable from the Club's point of view.

I think the reason for the long lease was also so that the club is able to borrow against it when it comes to the re-development and able to attract new investors, but with Black selling up I assume talks with the council have been put on hold
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1955 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 14:33:57 »

The stadium is indeed owned by the club, and secured against by Arbib/the parent company.
Rent is a % of annual turnover, it fluctuates because of that but is rarely over £150k and is transparrent in the accounts I believe.
The DR stand was a modular design, hence why it went up so quickly.  It is supposedly moveable, but the groundworks would still be required and it wouldn't be cheap - maybe a little more so than a brand new one of the same design in a new location I suppose.  In modern terms, it was a very cheap installation at around £300-£400 a seat.  Generally speaking, modern basic grounds come in at £1000-£1500 per seat, with the flashier ones much higher than that.
We used to have a lot of back rent owed, don't believe that has been the case for about 4 or 5 years now.

We don't own any of the surrounding land, this is the bit that causes issues when considering development.  The Council would need to be involved in any expansion of the footprint.
This one may have changed, but in the past, the row of trees on Shrivenham Rd were protected by the Council,  It restricted the development last time.

The chap who lived 2 houses in on the ground side of Shrivenham Rd was very anti the club, but his opposition would not have prevented the Stratton Bank Development.

That's about it from my memory bank.
Flashheart

« Reply #1956 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 15:38:15 »

The chap who lived 2 houses in on the ground side of Shrivenham Rd was very anti the club,

Bit of a fucking stupid place to buy a home then really. (Although he may have been born there or something)
FatSmurf

Ignore
« Reply #1957 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 15:41:47 »

No he's just a miserable old c*nt
Flashheart

« Reply #1958 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 15:43:31 »

Miserable and fucking stupid!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1959 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:20:27 »

Not being done today again either

For anyone that is interested here is a link to the FL Owners & Directors test - I think the new guys passed it within 5 mins

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/0/8c/0,,10794~166912,00.pdf
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1960 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:57:11 »

Bit of a fucking stupid place to buy a home then really. (Although he may have been born there or something)

Some residents of Didcot who buy 10 year old houses built near the railway (been there since 1839) complain in local papers of the trains. Nothing surprises me in that regard...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: