Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground re-development ????  (Read 28150 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 08:56:31 »

They can't make too much money from the car park, it's rarely in use apart from every other weekend for half the year... i'm sure we could negotiate with them on that point (maybe whack a multi storey in?)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 08:57:32 »

4D,You do know it's not just for you yeah?

Oh, just a dream.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 08:59:51 »

The problem with building backwards into the carpark at the Townend has long been that the council run the car park so would not take too kindly to us building over its resource, after all on matchdays it generated a lot for income for the council.

A large home end similar in height to the DRS/Intel would be awesome but it would not hold 5,000 as the DRS does now, it would more than likely hold about 4,000 due to the narrower width of area taken up (approx 120 yards vs 90 yards).

We could build back to the CGH beer garden and hold 5k Smiley. We could get over the car park issue by building it using pillars and allowing cars underneath the stand.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 09:00:28 »

I remember in the past a multi story car park was mooted as a possibility but considered too expensive.

Personally I think its the only viable option now as long as the council still want to have a car park there. I guess if the building of it was funded by the club but the council take proceeds or at least a cut of the proceeds then it will not be so much of an issue that it has been in the past.

Just wait for the objections of it cutting out the natural light for the residents of County Road now......

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 09:29:42 »

Tynecastle is a great stadium to be in the away end. The fannies in the main stand (left of the away stand) are good entertainment, couple of good pubs around the ground and walkable from Haymarket. 

Not recommended if you suffer from vertigo.

Never been in the away section but have sat quite high up in the Wheatfield Stand and the view and acoustics there are excellent. The away stand at Tynie used to be empty apart from when the ugly sisters and the peg sellers from Leith came to town.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 10:27:22 »

They can't make too much money from the car park, it's rarely in use apart from every other weekend for half the year... i'm sure we could negotiate with them on that point (maybe whack a multi storey in?)
Council will make next to bugger all from it. PArking fees are suspended on match days and its never even 1/4 full any other time. I dont think the council will have a problem with building out into the car park. We could build out as far as the bollards without any problems anyway.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 10:39:50 »

Council will make next to bugger all from it. PArking fees are suspended on match days and its never even 1/4 full any other time. I dont think the council will have a problem with building out into the car park. We could build out as far as the bollards without any problems anyway.

Where does the ten pounds parking fee on match days go?

SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 10:42:36 »

Where does the ten pounds parking fee on match days go?
I always thought it went to the club...

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #68 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 11:05:47 »

I can’t believe there are some lazy fucks willing to pay £10 for 2-3 hours parking. There’s plenty of cheaper parking not too far away (the cricket ground being one!). In fact during evening games you can park in the town centre for next to nothing (or nothing if you park in the right one). Anyway, I don’t think the council would be too fussed by the car park being reduced in size, especially as they’re going to build new car parks in the town centre.

The main priority has to be the Arkells in my opinion. Of course, you’d have to have the capacity to move the fans from there first.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 11:06:54 »

If i can remember one of the plans of any redevelopment was that the club were looking at generating revenue beyond  football attaching something else to one of the potential new stands similar to other clubs hotels and so on
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #70 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 11:10:50 »

I always thought it went to the club...
Nope it goes entirely to the council.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 12:05:44 »

The whole crux of the issue is that they have to look at non matchday revenue and see what else can be incorporated, purely relying on matchday income these days is not enough

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 12:49:43 »

For the town enders on here, where are you likely to relocate when The new town end is being constructed? I will imagine they will open up the bank for home fans but shouldn't imagine it will be that popular for every game?
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 12:51:16 »

For the town enders on here, where are you likely to relocate when The new town end is being constructed? I will imagine they will open up the bank for home fans but shouldn't imagine it will be that popular for every game?

I'd have thought seats 1 -48 in the Intel, like circa 95-01!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 13:01:51 »

Intel Stand, Block A...used to be the place to be.  Ideally located for goading Oxford fans during 4-1 victories!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: