Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground re-development ????  (Read 28145 times)
Johnny Spesh

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 16:26:37 »

Seeing as the season tickets have been priced for next season, I take it that there is gonna be no plans to redevelop the County Ground for yet another year at least ?. I am beginning to wonder if this is ever gonna happen or is it just talk and false promises like it has been from previous boards. I thought they had the go ahead to start work on the Town End but was put back a year because of relegation to league 2 ?. But as it looks like we are certain to bounce back up I would of thought work would of started this summer , but seeing as they are selling Town End tickets and not a word has been mentioned about redevelopment for months , I take it once again nothing is gonna come of it, and while more or less every other club are playing in brand new stadiums or redeveloped ones , we are gonna continue to carry on in an ageing County Ground.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 16:31:34 »

Seeing as the season tickets have been priced for next season, I take it that there is gonna be no plans to redevelop the County Ground for yet another year at least ?. I am beginning to wonder if this is ever gonna happen or is it just talk and false promises like it has been from previous boards. I thought they had the go ahead to start work on the Town End but was put back a year because of relegation to league 2 ?. But as it looks like we are certain to bounce back up I would of thought work would of started this summer , but seeing as they are selling Town End tickets and not a word has been mentioned about redevelopment for months , I take it once again nothing is gonna come of it, and while more or less every other club are playing in brand new stadiums or redeveloped ones , we are gonna continue to carry on in an ageing County Ground.
Yep, all talk and false promises - sums up this Board in a nut shell  Yes
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 16:37:39 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/9428374.Town_in_talks_with_council_over_County_Ground_plans/?action=complain&cid=9929836

From December..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 16:39:34 »

You wait till they tell us all we are merging with Oxford Wink
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 16:44:12 »

Given the existing lease expires in just over a year there will need to be something agreed betwen the Club and the Council within the next 12 months even if its just an extension of the existing arrangement.

The Season ticket announcement is irrelevant, for work to be starting this summer there would have to be a planning application underway by now and there isnt. The board are in a diificult position as they have shown they are keen to keep fans informed but at the same time we dont want another Shaw Tip scenario where the club announces a grandiose scheme before there are any agreements in place for it to actually go ahead.

Relegation probably moved the issue down the priority list for the board but if they want to make the club more self sufficient, a redevelopment of some kind is a must in the long term.
Spud

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 16:45:24 »

Thames Valley FC will soon be announced.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 19:54:49 »

Had a look round Blackpool's ground this weekend, very smart.

3 sides are completely rebuilt and enclosed with a temp stand on the remaining 1 side.

I just hope we have something unique and not your standard 4 stands of equal size like Shrewsbury, Chesterfield etc.

Something like Preston's would be good with about an 18,000 capacity.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 19:56:18 »

Spesh.

Apt.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:02:21 »

Ive had a dream, a frontage a bit like the old main stand at Highbury. Imagine walking out of the terraced streets and seeing the Town End look like that? Big red neon lights 'SWINDON TOWN FC 1879' on the top booming out over the Swindon skyline every night.

If I was a billionaire.....
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:49:37 by Spencer_White » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:58:28 »

Had a look round Blackpool's ground this weekend, very smart.

3 sides are completely rebuilt and enclosed with a temp stand on the remaining 1 side.

I just hope we have something unique and not your standard 4 stands of equal size like Shrewsbury, Chesterfield etc.

Something like Preston's would be good with about an 18,000 capacity.
That was what was mentioned the last time it was reported at any length. Three of the four sides getting knocked down with the DRS being incorporated into the new design. That would be excellent, although I would round up the capacity to 20,000 with the potential to take it up to 25,000.
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:03:59 »

I think the stands at Preston, and the DRS are too steep for football. Especially for stands behind the goals (it doesnt encourage standing up!).
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:08:18 »

I've mentioned it before but I like Hearts ground.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Tynecastle_Stadium_2007.jpg

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:08:30 »

Considering the council are prepared to spunk off money to wankers like Pricky cunt on wifi schemes they should give the county ground site to the club.
The area around the ground has become an utter shit hole in recent years,so as long as the club can offer a spruce up the area it shouldn't be an issue.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:17:52 by arriba » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:16:09 »

I've mentioned it before but I like Hearts ground.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Tynecastle_Stadium_2007.jpg

Is that 'Tynecastle by night' Ralphy?
Spencer_White

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:21:23 »

Considering the council are prepared to spunk off money to wankers like Pricky cunt on wifi schemes they should give the county ground site to the club.
The area around the ground has become an utter shit hole in recent years,so as long as the club can offer a spruce up of the area it shouldn't be an issue.

Its taken 20 years but I think some of the council have at last realised that the club is one of the only things in the Town that

1) Puts Swindon on the map.
2) Brings people to the Town who wouldnt usually come (even if we are only talking people from Cirencester/Chippenham/Faringdon etc).

If STFC left the Town centre it would be an utter disaster for SBC. Some councillors will always be too incompetant to see it though.

Re Tynecastle - definately too steep, UEFA have declared it unsafe for Euro competitions! And those seats without backs are death traps.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: