Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground re-development ????  (Read 28163 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 17:34:32 »

Grey, great - sounds the same. I doubt anyone noticed!

I guess we can all stop laughing at Trashbat behind his back now?  Wink

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 18:34:17 »

May be controversial as The Town End has been the traditional home end at the county ground more often than not, but could anyone see the Stratton Bank being the logical new home end after the developments?

With only a car park behind, the Town End could realistically go as high as the other stands and big modern stands behind goals are usually pretty shit.

The bank is quite limited and I can't imagine they will be able to make it much bigger, but they should be able to get a roof on it. The bank has a very decent view and would create a decent atmosphere if it has a roof.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 18:40:14 »

May be controversial as The Town End has been the traditional home end at the county ground more often than not, but could anyone see the Stratton Bank being the logical new home end after the developments?

With only a car park behind, the Town End could realistically go as high as the other stands and big modern stands behind goals are usually pretty shit.

The bank is quite limited and I can't imagine they will be able to make it much bigger, but they should be able to get a roof on it. The bank has a very decent view and would create a decent atmosphere if it has a roof.

Good shout.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 18:43:27 »

You could get the bouncy going quite well on the bank as well.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 18:44:55 »

I take it we cant build a small covered terrace (which can be easily changed to seating like the big fucker in Dortmund) to replace Stratton Bank?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 19:18:24 »

I take it we cant build a small covered terrace (which can be easily changed to seating like the big fucker in Dortmund) to replace Stratton Bank?

A miniature Dortmund stand would be a dream, but unfortunately I think the best we could hope for is a decent low roof over the bank
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 19:19:11 »

A miniature Dortmund stand would be a dream, but unfortunately I think the best we could hope for is a decent low roof over the bank

Which would more than suffice.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 20:39:13 »

Which would more than suffice.

I suspect it may be down to relative planning issues, but if this wasn't the case, surely redeveloping the Stratton Bank before the Town End has more logic - the traditional home end stays open while the usually unused end gets redeveloped; then the redevelped SB becomes the new home end (accessed from Shrivvy Rd) while the TE gets redeveloped.

If the new SB home end is a success, a greatly enlarged TE could fit the bill for away fans (not sure I'd be happy with this though, speaking as a Town Ender).
dell returns

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 06:29:12 »

I suspect it may be down to relative planning issues, but if this wasn't the case, surely redeveloping the Stratton Bank before the Town End has more logic - the traditional home end stays open while the usually unused end gets redeveloped; then the redevelped SB becomes the new home end (accessed from Shrivvy Rd) while the TE gets redeveloped.

If the new SB home end is a success, a greatly enlarged TE could fit the bill for away fans (not sure I'd be happy with this though, speaking as a Town Ender).

Away fans should not get an end, stick them in the rickety side of the Arkells and not be so generous with the allocation.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 07:44:39 »

Away fans should be housed in one side of an end ala Ashton Gate, West Ham etc.

I would like to see a single tier stand replace the Town End, something like at the Hawthorns Smiley holding say 5k
A 5k DRS to stay the same, a new 8k stand to replace the Arkells, then a 4k bank end with a low roof, split 50/50 home and away fans (big away support to have the whole end if required). 22k seater stadium - 25k in the future if we replace the DRS with a matching north stand (no corners filled in, I prefer the traditional look - so we could have 4 pylon floodlights)
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 08:06:04 »

I am sure Jan will disagree, but the atmopshere at Tynecastle can be really good. The location is brilliant as well, in close locations to plenty of pubs and eateries.
Tynecastle is a great stadium to be in the away end. The fannies in the main stand (left of the away stand) are good entertainment, couple of good pubs around the ground and walkable from Haymarket. 

Not recommended if you suffer from vertigo.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 08:07:12 »

Given wray mentioned plans to redevelop the town end this time next year they must be quite a way down the line for of him to say that. Hopefully its mentioned on Sat, perhaps one of the surprises mentioned in the programme along with our new oxford utd away kit!!!!
DRS

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 08:09:13 »

4D,You do know it's not just for you yeah?
Flashheart

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 08:27:03 »

We should have a stadium each
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 08:52:36 »

The problem with building backwards into the carpark at the Townend has long been that the council run the car park so would not take too kindly to us building over its resource, after all on matchdays it generated a lot for income for the council.

If we owned the land and the ground then it is the obvious way forward but it was also basically remove all parking at the stadium itself, which I don't think the council would allow or be very happy about.

Currently the council have and pretty much always has had the upper hand.

A large home end similar in height to the DRS/Intel would be awesome but it would not hold 5,000 as the DRS does now, it would more than likely hold about 4,000 due to the narrower width of area taken up (approx 120 yards vs 90 yards).

That said its still 1,500 more than the Townend holds now and would be sufficient for us with a similar stand at the Stratton Bank holding a similar amount making in overall capacity of around 18,000 with the possibility of building in the corners if demand ever became high enough, but in all honesty 18,000 is perfectly adequate for us for the next few years at least.

Its just going to be difficult getting anything passed by the council as it always has been.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: