Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Crawley Official Matchday Thread  (Read 54277 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 22:42:46 »

Hahaha! Cadds was on one last night. Evans must have said something to him early on to provoke that kind of reaction.

He did, Evans was trying to wind him up  after the foul on Bodin and then again a few minutes after that.   We saw it clearly from the Arkells, the fourth official didn't or chose to ignore it.

Another example of what a pathetic man Evans is.  The stick he got last night was fully deserved.  My 8 year old spent most of the second half in fits of giggles from watching him waving his arms around and at one point making a stamping motion with his foot several times and nearly toppling over whilst doing it.  He thoroughly enjoyed the singing as well, although I've had to warn him that singing 'you fat bastard' in public is not allowed!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 22:54:40 »

Just watched the highlights. Nice finish from Bodin and the through ball for McCormack before Benson's goal was lovely.

It's not a red card, Bodin would have been chased down pretty quickly.

Also, Lee Peacock loves his Swindon Town. Good man.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 22:58:23 »

Just watched the highlights. Nice finish from Bodin and the through ball for McCormack before Benson's goal was lovely.

It's not a red card, Bodin would have been chased down pretty quickly.

Also, Lee Peacock loves his Swindon Town. Good man.

Can you share where the highlights are?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 22:58:54 »

Official website.
Coca Fola

« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 23:00:51 »

For the rest of us cheapskates they should be on the BBC website at midnight.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 23:35:54 »

For the rest of us cheapskates they should be on the BBC website at midnight.

25 minutes and counting then.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 23:37:51 »

Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 23:37:51 »

Already up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17052909#asset
skay

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 23:38:51 »

it's already on!  Cheesy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17052909#asset
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 23:49:23 »

Excellent, thanks for the heads up.  The only thing missing is the tackle on Bodin.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 07:40:26 »

Its on the world highlights. He was, the most advanced man, with cover left and right...they may have got back given he had to control the ball...would have been given on another day. Doesn't matter now.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 08:57:19 »

I can see why the ref only gave yellow although a different ref on a different day could just as easily have given a red.

Beautiful back heel from Benson to set Bodin away in the first place though.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 09:43:30 »

I think it was too early in the game for the ref to give a red, if it wouldhave been later in the second half he might have been more tempted.

Still, better that we stuffed them with 11 anyway.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #463 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 10:20:11 »

Just saw the highlights, there was no way any ref would send a player off for a tackle in an opponents half for a challenge like that. He would likely have been caught as there were 3 other covering defenders not that far away.

No doubts about Benson being a yard offside for his disallowed goal, pretty poor miss by Benson from a header that if it was on target would have beaten the clown in goal, just needed a bit better contact.

Excellent free kick from Cibbo a real piledriver and shot very cool in his finish picking his spot perfectly.
Cracking shot by Caddis stopped by Benson in front of goal.

2 brilliant pieces of keeping by Fodders close to half time, the 2nd save was awesome.

Excellent vision by Bodin for his goal, keeper totally flatfooted had no chance, not quite the quality of a Cox goal but still for his first at the CG it was a good finish.

Brilliant run by McCormack for the 3rd goal and glad that Benson managed to pop up at the end and finish nicely and was in no way even remotely looking like being offside with a couple of players playing him on.

Lovely effort by Ritchie near the end well saved but the follow up could easily have been put in by Smith had he jumped a little sooner but hes not a striker so hes allowed that one.

On another day Benson could easily have had a hattrick.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 10:30:50 »

That McCormack run was superb. He creates mayhem. How many centre halves provide assists from the edge of the box like that? Might he be turning into our most cultured centre-half since Culverhouse, and Calderwood before him?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: