Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Crawley Official Matchday Thread  (Read 53751 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 20:38:10 »

Agreed. Was amazed to see any police at the game at all, let alone 3 vans and a dog unit.

But that was just for personal protection for fat boy !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 20:39:07 »

Well I was buzzing....fat bobby davro fucked off back to gatwick with fuck all!

Did anybody note the amount of dog handlers and vans by the magic? How can plod justify having that many old bill on duty for a game against Crawley?  Fucking joke!

I really like the copper who had a scarf pulled up over his face .....thought he was in Athens that one!!

No doubt the club are paying for these clowns.....sad really.

The club only have to pay for police inside the ground don't they? So it's the taxpayer whose money is beign wasted. (Not that our club don't pay their tax nowadays...)
kaufman

« Reply #482 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 22:09:33 »

Annoyed that neither the sky or bbc site have the yellow card bodin incident. Ah well
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 22:27:14 »

Here you go...

* Bodin.jpg (144.42 KB, 636x1076 - viewed 356 times.)
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 23:30:16 »

Here you go...

Thanks for that... He does seem to be through on goal despite being in his own half.
You can't say that 'because he's running with the ball he'll be slower than the running defenders' because that completely differs on players.. If you kick and chase, you're going to be running pretty normal pace anyway. And chasing the ball gives more of a motivation.

Tough one anyhow to judge. Yellow is probably fair, given we'd be pretty annoyed if McCormack got sent off for something similar.

skay

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 23:41:09 »

Here you go...

steve evans belly still manages to make it into the first picture
Div

« Reply #486 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 23:53:07 »

Thanks for that... He does seem to be through on goal despite being in his own half.
You can't say that 'because he's running with the ball he'll be slower than the running defenders' because that completely differs on players.. If you kick and chase, you're going to be running pretty normal pace anyway. And chasing the ball gives more of a motivation.

Tough one anyhow to judge. Yellow is probably fair, given we'd be pretty annoyed if McCormack got sent off for something similar.

But if he 'kicks and chases' then one of the main components for an 'obvious goal scoring oppotunity' is not met - he doesn't have full control of the ball.

Just think back a few games weeks ago. Cahill got sent off near the half-way line...the red card got rescinded. Not many refs will send off for that, there's just too much doubt, especially in a big game with clowns v crooks.

Anyway, Bodin may knock the ball past Davis, but he hasn't got full control of it so he'll lose time and space bringing it under control, and the full backs aren't that far away either. It isn't an obvious goal scoring oppotunity, but it was cynical so it can only be yellow (obviously, it's all about opinions, which is why all referees are shit -   their opinions and interpretations are always wrong...)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #487 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 00:19:00 »

It looks more of a red on the highlights than it did at the time (from my view in the Town End) and I thought it was a red at the time as well.

Anyway, we won by three goals so I'm happy anyway Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 00:35:53 »

The contact is in our half?! How is it a clear goalscoring opportunity, inside our own half

Things get better but they never get good
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #489 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 00:58:10 »

I have a hunch that Bodin would have dribbled towards the goal and taken a shot. I know, that's a pretty new wave way of playing league two football, but players can't always turn and hold the ball up.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 07:43:37 »

The contact is in our half?! How is it a clear goalscoring opportunity, inside our own half

Many would argue that many penalties are not real goalscoring chances(the fouls leading to them).but the rules are rules and if he is the last man through on goal who is to say he couldn't have gone on to score,it would have been harsh but i have a sneaky feeling if the roles had been reversed at Crawley a certain pieman Evans would have been crying for a red.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 08:05:02 »

Many would argue that many penalties are not real goalscoring chances(the fouls leading to them).but the rules are rules and if he is the last man through on goal who is to say he couldn't have gone on to score,it would have been harsh but i have a sneaky feeling if the roles had been reversed at Crawley a certain pieman Evans would have been crying for a red.

http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12e.pdf

Sending off offences

Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by  an offence punishable by a free kick or penalty kick

From the view I had I have absolutely no doubt he had created a goalscoring opportunity.

If that tackle had happened midway in the opponents half it would have been red. But I am convinced it would have been just as clear cut chance from where he was, both "covering" players were ahead of the ball, flat footed and nowhere near the centre of the pitch.

If the ref had a different viewpoint being at pitch level I can see he may have thought differently, even though he was wrong.

As somebody else pointed out, I'm glad he didn't send him with hindsight. It makes our St Valentine's day massacre of Creepy more legitimate.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 08:07:15 »

When the last opposing defenders are deeper than you in your half. The second picture shows how far Billy would have been infront of their defenders had he been able to stay on his feet.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #493 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 08:45:31 »

I know it wasn't a foul as such, but remember a couple of weeks ago when Man City broke against Wigan and Figueria (sp) handballed when he was the last man. Only a yellow was given then, so I can understand why it was given.

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 11:15:21 »

I think a yellow was the right decision. It was not a clear goalscoring opportunity as Bodin had half of the length of the pitch to go. A tackle on the half way line does not deny a clear goalscoring opportunity even if at that point he is marginally the last man.
That said, why our players have been reported and the club fined £1000 when Creepies players acted as bad if not worse is downright stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: