Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnet Vs Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 34636 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 21:55:32 »

Good to meet the London Reds last night. Not sure if it was a good idea to get the 263 bus to the ground though!  Hmmm

That was the highlight of the night! Mind you Brian the quiz master will get some heckling for telling us to get it instead of the tube next time i see him Smiley
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 21:59:31 »

That was the highlight of the night! Mind you Brian the quiz master will get some heckling for telling us to get it instead of the tube next time i see him Smiley

Smiley

Wonder whether the Women's Quiz night was better than the match?  Doh
Jackstfc

« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 22:28:00 »

Highlights , well highlight from last nights game here, filmed on location at Underhill. Our GOOAALLL !!  Quality of goal better than the camera but hey   Clap

Looking at the Barnet results they haven't lost many at home you know. Their away form is poor and why they are where they are in the league and lets hope they carry that form too in the away leg.

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 22:37:58 »

I was stood on the side terrace watching the stewards making an arse of themselves, they had locked the far gate between us and Barnet 15 minutes before they decided to let our fans through. The Town fans at the front seemed to be waiting patiently and it was the late comers at the back who were pushing forward. The female steward who was knocked to the floor stayed down for ages but the other stewards were more concerned about grabbing town fans which wasn't helping in the slightest. I think trying to keep our fans from behind the goal was more to do with advantage than anything else but because of our numbers in the end they had no choice.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 22:52:33 »

Highlights , well highlight from last nights game here, filmed on location at Underhill. Our GOOAALLL !!  Quality of goal better than the camera but hey   Clap

Looking at the Barnet results they haven't lost many at home you know. Their away form is poor and why they are where they are in the league and lets hope they carry that form too in the away leg.

You were stood right in front of me in the first half.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Spencer_White

« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 23:04:53 »

Iv got a feeling that in the home leg our fans will generate a fantastic atmosphere, far better than the Wigan game.

Have to think carefully about this one (Wembley = pitch invasion ahoy)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 23:10:43 »

Was thinking about this earlier, if we scored a winner in injury time would there be a pitch invasion ?
barnetboy1986

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 23:23:59 »

Barnet fan in peace.

Firsty 1400 travelling fans, thats the level of support we can only dream of, and it certainly helped to create a good atmosphere. We know we have a shocking stadium (believe me, we have been trying to move ground for 15 years, however have had no luck with the council) i happen to like underhill, perhaps im biased but i prefer it to these new identical souless stadium!! and am dreading the day we actually do move. The stewards are also clueless, however no excuse to push over a female steward, again i should imagine Barnet didn't expect 1400 to travel.

Im not sure what happened in the pub (the red lion), the pub usually caters for away fans and gets rave reviews, i can only imagine they severly underestimated the level of support from Swindon, however there were plenty of your fans in the queens arms.

The game itself was awful at times, devoid of any real quailty, and i am fully expecting a tougher game at the county ground, i should imagine we will bring 500ish (which is good for us!!) however i believe we have a real chance and i look forward to another good atmopshere (and hopefully some better football aswell!) atleast it's not £25 this time, daylight robbery springs to mind  Cheesy

see you all on the 7th oh and i'm suprised that Joey Devera isn't in your starting 11, he is class!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 23:24:51 »

Was thinking about this earlier, if we scored a winner in injury time would there be a pitch invasion ?

Definately I feel.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 23:33:59 »

what game was that rotherham fan watching yesterday? certainly wasn't the one at underhill where neither team could string two passes together in the second half
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 23:36:06 »

I happen to like underhill, perhaps im biased but i prefer it to these new identical souless stadium!! and am dreading the day we actually do move.

I think most genuine football fans feel the same. I actually didn't think it was that bad, was expecting worse after what I had heard. Definitely beats Wimbledon anyway.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 23:48:14 »

The people waiting at the front were being pushed in to them by the people behind so they didn't have much of a choice. I was in the ground fairly early and could see a massive queue outside and there was nowhere to stand in the side terrace, said to the woman steward "May as well just let us through now surely? There's hundreds outside still and it's pretty much full already" The response was the same old frustrating "Head Safety Officer hasn't given us the go ahead" which seemed to be some mythical creature who wasn't actually around to be seen.

This was repeated from other stewards as people got pissed off and started having a go at them telling them to open up minutes before kick off, it's also the same thing that stewards were coming out with at Plymouth when being abused for not moving the segregated netting over a couple of rows.

The question I would pose to the head safety officers of Plymouth and Barnet is what exactly are you doing when fans start having a pop at your stewards because you're clearly too busy to actually be watching the safety of the ground to make key decisions?

Are you aware thet people that you employ are on the front line, trying to do a job for you and are getting called cunts and pricks by aggrivated football fans because you're sat in an office with your finger up your arse not making pretty easy common sense decisions?

i was quite near the flashpoint but made sure i had my hands in my pockets but the pushing started from behind and suddenly it all spilled forward.

Clems Army!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 00:05:38 »

Barnet fan in peace.

Firsty 1400 travelling fans, thats the level of support we can only dream of, and it certainly helped to create a good atmosphere. We know we have a shocking stadium (believe me, we have been trying to move ground for 15 years, however have had no luck with the council) i happen to like underhill, perhaps im biased but i prefer it to these new identical souless stadium!! and am dreading the day we actually do move. The stewards are also clueless, however no excuse to push over a female steward, again i should imagine Barnet didn't expect 1400 to travel.

Given that we sold 1200 in advance, it should hardly have come as a shock

Im not sure what happened in the pub (the red lion), the pub usually caters for away fans and gets rave reviews, i can only imagine they severly underestimated the level of support from Swindon, however there were plenty of your fans in the queens arms.

As above. Easy enough to find out ahead of time.

The game itself was awful at times, devoid of any real quailty, and i am fully expecting a tougher game at the county ground, i should imagine we will bring 500ish (which is good for us!!) however i believe we have a real chance and i look forward to another good atmopshere (and hopefully some better football aswell!) atleast it's not £25 this time, daylight robbery springs to mind  Cheesy

Let's hope it's a better game! I won't be able to make it because of work, but will hopefully catch the 2nd half on TV. No idea what the crowd will be for this one but given the low prices I'd hope for a five-figure gate. If we can answer Paolo's call to fill the ground then great!

see you all on the 7th oh and i'm suprised that Joey Devera isn't in your starting 11, he is class!

Comfortably our 3rd best centre back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 07:35:48 »

. No idea what the crowd will be for this one

Head says normal league gate - I know Wembley is the prize, but for some the JPT will never be an attraction...unless we do get to Wembley obviously.

Then again 1400 fans to Barnet on a Tuesday suggests I am wrong.
Spencer_White

« Reply #374 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 18:44:33 »

Barnet fan, I like Underhill. Its a pretty tidy ground now you have the permanent seated stand behind the goal. I think the real problem away fans have with it is that it doesnt appeal to their ego's. Modern fans also struggle with the old school terrace fence, fans either side. They are not used to having to fight to get themselves heard. For some reason it was a big problem for us in the FAC game 4 years ago. We were 1 nil up and cruising, but your fans were bang up for it that night, and it turned to momentum of the game. Only problem with the ground is the uncovered end, only tinpot clubs have them nowadays, ahem.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: