Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnet Vs Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 35405 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 14:48:11 »

Apart from every single game this year Dv,no you have not missed anything mate :-)

He he naughty.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 15:18:41 »

I think a lot of the fans from all opposing clubs are jealous - I felt that when reading the comments after the Northampton match too.
They too want the passion and publicity and results that we have been experiencing of late.

It actually makes the one match touchline ban quite satisfying seeing as they won't be able to witness first hand PDC in action!  Cheesy
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 15:22:59 »

I hadn't looked at it that way!! Smiley

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 16:29:01 »

It actually makes the one match touchline ban quite satisfying seeing as they won't be able to witness first hand PDC in action!  Cheesy

Subtle! nice viewpoint on it!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 16:35:29 »

Is it not somewhat because of PdC's comments after a game earlier in the season (Macclesfield?) when he said our players should dive more to win penalties?

I do wonder if that comment is part of the reason that we don't seem to get even the most blatant penalties.

However he said that after Macclesfield where we were denied an obvious penalty because Ritchie didn't fall over when fouled. So it probably hasn't made that much difference, we didn't get them before & we still aren't getting them.

Hopefully the ref will prove me wrong on Saturday & give us three. That will give the Northern Monkeys something to moan about. Smiley

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 16:54:42 »

Is it not somewhat because of PdC's comments after a game earlier in the season (Macclesfield?) when he said our players should dive more to win penalties?

How many penalties have we had since?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 17:02:52 »

One at Port Vale.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 17:04:27 »

what diving cheats we are!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 17:07:39 »

Apart from every single game this year Dv,no you have not missed anything mate :-)

I've watched 3 on the TV/internet Smiley
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 18:17:24 »

The Stewards were clueless, anyone could see there was to many Town fans for the North terrace and plenty more were still queuing to get in. Why leave it until the teams were out on the pitch before opening the section behind the goal? The female steward who was holding our supporters back was knocked to the floor but it didn't stop the chavs from trampling over her ! The road works were a pain but got home about midnight so not to bad. Agree about their number 8, jumped up little man syndrome springs to mind.

They just gave up in the end and let anyone through
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 19:04:56 »

Andy D'Arsehole is the referee on Saturday. Good job McCormack isn't playing!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 19:18:15 »

They just gave up in the end and let anyone through

The people waiting at the front were being pushed in to them by the people behind so they didn't have much of a choice. I was in the ground fairly early and could see a massive queue outside and there was nowhere to stand in the side terrace, said to the woman steward "May as well just let us through now surely? There's hundreds outside still and it's pretty much full already" The response was the same old frustrating "Head Safety Officer hasn't given us the go ahead" which seemed to be some mythical creature who wasn't actually around to be seen.

This was repeated from other stewards as people got pissed off and started having a go at them telling them to open up minutes before kick off, it's also the same thing that stewards were coming out with at Plymouth when being abused for not moving the segregated netting over a couple of rows.

The question I would pose to the head safety officers of Plymouth and Barnet is what exactly are you doing when fans start having a pop at your stewards because you're clearly too busy to actually be watching the safety of the ground to make key decisions?

Are you aware thet people that you employ are on the front line, trying to do a job for you and are getting called cunts and pricks by aggrivated football fans because you're sat in an office with your finger up your arse not making pretty easy common sense decisions?
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 19:53:03 »

The people waiting at the front were being pushed in to them by the people behind so they didn't have much of a choice. I was in the ground fairly early and could see a massive queue outside and there was nowhere to stand in the side terrace, said to the woman steward "May as well just let us through now surely? There's hundreds outside still and it's pretty much full already" The response was the same old frustrating "Head Safety Officer hasn't given us the go ahead" which seemed to be some mythical creature who wasn't actually around to be seen.

This was repeated from other stewards as people got pissed off and started having a go at them telling them to open up minutes before kick off, it's also the same thing that stewards were coming out with at Plymouth when being abused for not moving the segregated netting over a couple of rows.

The question I would pose to the head safety officers of Plymouth and Barnet is what exactly are you doing when fans start having a pop at your stewards because you're clearly too busy to actually be watching the safety of the ground to make key decisions?

Are you aware thet people that you employ are on the front line, trying to do a job for you and are getting called cunts and pricks by aggrivated football fans because you're sat in an office with your finger up your arse not making pretty easy common sense decisions?

It was a joke yesterday
Spencer_White

« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 20:30:50 »

I dont think our fans have given Barnet enough credit. They were bang up for it last night and got in our faces as much as any team over the last 3 months. At times it was a real frenetic battle.

Was taking the piss out of Danny Senda and I feel pretty bad about it now. I hope the bloke gets sorted.

Enjoyed celebrating the Flint goal down at our end. Are there any highlights on the web yet?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 22:42:05 by Spencer_White » Logged
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 21:34:10 »

Good to meet the London Reds last night. Not sure if it was a good idea to get the 263 bus to the ground though!  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: