Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnet Vs Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 35413 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 11:53:28 »

The Stewards were clueless, anyone could see there was to many Town fans for the North terrace and plenty more were still queuing to get in. Why leave it until the teams were out on the pitch before opening the section behind the goal? The female steward who was holding our supporters back was knocked to the floor but it didn't stop the chavs from trampling over her ! The road works were a pain but got home about midnight so not to bad. Agree about their number 8, jumped up little man syndrome springs to mind.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 12:02:18 »

As a little prelude to Saturdays game I have been having a little read on the Rotherham Utd Forum and they really dont seem to like Paolo at all, its like readin a Pox forum.

Swindon next week...
I don't know about anybody else but I will just be glad when the Di Clownio circus has been and left town.
For some strange reason I don't really care about the result...I would like to stuff them though !
The more I see of the man on tv the more I just don't like him.

The usual media hype that follows him will be there, I'm sure. Our game at their place should spur us on to revenge. I just hope we have a strong referee who doesn't fall for their blatant diving.

Have they officially changed their name to 'Paolo DiCanio's Swindon' yet,
cos they might as well to listen to the media, every time they're mentioned.

Big game and i will love it when we smash that MASSIVE arrogant Italian ego...

Personally I'm looking forward to giving this ex piggy Barsteward some stick..bring him on!

Anyone see the picture in the paper of him crying after they beat Wigan?
You'd have thought they'd just beat Barca.
I hope we stuff them, their antics in previous game were poor, you could clearly hear every Swindon player scream when they had been tackled by a Rotherham player.

As for that r swipe Di Canio, hope Tongy tries to drop him again but succeeds this time.

Scotty should have our boys rolling about in agony whenever we get tackled, screaming like little babies when they are touched etc but I guess it wont happen as AS isnt that good at this thing called tactics. But you never know he just might decide to play them at their own game? what do you think?

A great opportunity for us to use Swindon as a play off promotion launch pad - we represent a banana skin for them.
What is it ? Only 1 defeat in 18 ?
They will come to Dull Valley off the back of a high octane atmospheric victory against Wigan in the FA Cup. I think Dull Valley will be a real culture shock for Di Canio and his team.
Di Canio will have no crowd behind him and will find it strange being situated so far from the crowd. The bleakness of the place and a Sunday morning atmosphere might just for once help us - Di Canio thrives off being the centre of attention which in turn inspires him to drive his players on -

And one last quite complimentary one about one of their fans who went to the game last night.
A quick low down on Swindon after I watched them last night
This will be no Zippy s trips so I apologise now!

A friend of mine is a Swindon fan and we both work in London. So last night I went with him to Underhill to watch the southern final 1st leg of the tin pot trophy against Barnet.

The ground as most of you will know is a proper throw back in time. Standing on the terrace was a real treat. Swindon took almost 1500 fans so fair play to them. They created a great atmosphere.

(Just for Zip) I felt obliged to taste a pie. Thankfully they were Pukkas only Chicken and Mushroom left but it was still good. £2.20 I think? Bovril £1.50?

Anyway back to the game. Swindon were good. As the league positions show way better than Barnet. I was surprised at the final score of 1-1

A few key players to look out for. First the keeper Foderingham was not that impressive. Kicking was poor at times, he could have done better with the goal and he spent most of the night doing not that much at all. When he did get involved it always involved a lot of shouting/fighting with his back four.

They have a giant centre half in Aden Flint. He must be close to 6'6. No point in us banging balls up front on Saturday he will just gobble them all up.

No 27 Cibocchi is an Italian right back. A very decent player. Cheats like most of his countrymen in that sly 'what me boss' kind of way. He should have been yellow carded twice before he got one.

All in all the defence looked pretty strong. The left back was always bombing forward too.

In the middle they have Simon Ferry a Scott. He was decent apart from his 1988 Gascoigne haircut! Gabilondo is a very tricky winger. Ran rings around people at times.

Up front they have a proper giant in Magera. He must be close to 6'6' as well and is a Czech International! He can flick balls on and win headers but not too many. He has the same problem as Peter Crouch. When he jumps he only gets 2 inches of the ground. Still 6'8' of height beats most players.

All in all they didn’t get run ragged. I was hoping Barnet would make them work so after two cup ties they would be knackered but that didn’t look the case.

I think it will be a hard match to win for us. They looked really classy at times.

For a tenner it worth the visit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 12:06:47 »

Beson was apparently carrying a small knock and thus not risked.

cheers batch, just thought it was odd seeing he was a kitted up doing laps of the pitch on his own. perhaps he was doing a fitness test
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 12:13:05 »

As a little prelude to Saturdays game I have been having a little read on the Rotherham Utd Forum and they really dont seem to like Paolo at all, its like readin a Pox forum.

And one last quite complimentary one about one of their fans who went to the game last night.

Those comments come across instantly as fans of a club who need an almighty injection of passion.

Definitely an element of jealousy in there too - very amusing read!
Devizes_Red

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 12:14:28 »

My highlights of the trip to Barnet were as follows...

A cracking crisp pint in a pub at the top of the hill in Barnet followed by a succulent House Special Chow Mein.
Viewing the Underhill slope for the first time and the beautiful little ground.
Paul Caddis winding up the Barnet fans.
Flint's banging header to make it 1-0.
A surprisingly good performance from Ciobocchi.
Making it back onto the M25 3 minutes before the junction was due to be closed.  Happy days.

Roll on Rotherham!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 12:17:02 by Devizes_Red » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 12:19:29 »

Those comments come across instantly as fans of a club who need an almighty injection of passion.

Definitely an element of jealousy in there too - very amusing read!
Ha ha ill informed about PDC, if they think he shed a tear about winning a football game! As for the diving, we aren't any worse than anyone else, and we never get given penalties any more so they shouldn't be worried about that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 12:34:11 »

I like that one:

Scotty should have our boys rolling about in agony whenever we get tackled, screaming like little babies when they are touched etc but I guess it wont happen as AS isnt that good at this thing called tactics. But you never know he just might decide to play them at their own game? what do you think?

Didnt their bloke dive to get ming the merciless sent off?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 12:57:05 »

I liked this one:

.... atmospheric victory against Wigan in the FA Cup. I think Dull Valley will be a real culture shock for Di Canio and his team.

We've played at Barnet and at Kingston-upon-Wimbledon. Good clubs and proper stadiums, but neither exactly the San Siro. I think we'll cope.

No doubt it will be a tough game though. Especially after such a busy period. And looking at February the schedule doesn't exactly calm down much. You can see why PDC wants a couple of quality players added to the squad.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 13:04:03 »

I liked this one:

We've played at Barnet and at Kingston-upon-Wimbledon. Good clubs and proper stadiums, but neither exactly the San Siro. I think we'll cope.

No doubt it will be a tough game though. Especially after such a busy period. And looking at February the schedule doesn't exactly calm down much. You can see why PDC wants a couple of quality players added to the squad.

They'll just be glad they don't have to travel into Rotherham. At least we get 20,000 away tickets, should we need them.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 13:53:53 »

Have I missed something.

Why have we got this reputation as a cheating, diving team. I'm sure our players go down easy on occasions (like every pro footballer!)

We've not had many penalties either have we? Must be jealousy.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 13:56:04 »

Have I missed something.

Why have we got this reputation as a cheating, diving team. I'm sure our players go down easy on occasions (like every pro footballer!)

Must be jealousy.

+ we have an Italian manager

I come from a land down-under
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 14:22:49 »

Have I missed something.

We've not had many penalties either have we? Must be jealousy.

Is it not somewhat because of PdC's comments after a game earlier in the season (Macclesfield?) when he said our players should dive more to win penalties?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 14:23:37 »

What a bunch of northern, pie eating, whippet troubling, woman beating, mining cunts.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 14:30:55 »

I think a lot of the fans from all opposing clubs are jealous - I felt that when reading the comments after the Northampton match too.
They too want the passion and publicity and results that we have been experiencing of late.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
DRS

« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 14:32:10 »

Apart from every single game this year Dv,no you have not missed anything mate :-)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: