Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 102755 times)
corner

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 15:28:43 »

has di canio started work now or fucked off back to italy?
Back to italy with some dirty dvds.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 15:28:52 »

Playing in a charity match at the san siro than back in tomorow.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 16:00:13 »

Lets hope this ash cloud doesn't hang around for long then!  There is a squad to be built!
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 16:21:55 »

Really don't get people who say this.

How can you just ditch the club you love and have supported all your life just because you don't like the manager Huh?

I will not be ditching the Town. I have supported the club since the 1970s when, at the age of 11, I was taken to my first game at the CG. I could never imagine supporting anybody else. What I can not do is put money into the pocket of a self-professed fascist by purchasing my season ticket or buying any club merchandise.

I know my protest is very small and futile, and most people think I'm being a "do-gooder" or a raving leftie, but I have to stick to what I beleive. I will not be attending any home matches while Di Canio is manager. I will, however, attend as many away games as possible in order to support my team without paying anything into the town's coffers.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 16:26:09 »

That's fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. Don't see how you'll be lining Di Canio's pockets though. The club yes but not him personally.

I think you'll miss some good football too which is a shame.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 19:17:05 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swindon-town/8531670/Paolo-di-Canio-arrives-at-Swindon-Town-promising-to-take-promotion-quest-seriously.html

Good article in the Telegraph today.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 19:36:56 »

Dorset red, glad to hear you will be still supporting the town. Maybe in time your views on Pdc will soften as it sounds like he really wants to make the connection with us fans. If we are to go straight back up we will need every bit of support we can get.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 19:46:22 »

I will, however, attend as many away games as possible in order to support my team without paying anything into the town's coffers.

I'm glad you found a way to square watching Town with yourself.

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 19:57:49 »

I will not be ditching the Town. I have supported the club since the 1970s when, at the age of 11, I was taken to my first game at the CG. I could never imagine supporting anybody else. What I can not do is put money into the pocket of a self-professed fascist by purchasing my season ticket or buying any club merchandise.

I know my protest is very small and futile, and most people think I'm being a "do-gooder" or a raving leftie, but I have to stick to what I beleive. I will not be attending any home matches while Di Canio is manager. I will, however, attend as many away games as possible in order to support my team without paying anything into the town's coffers.
i dont get your stance here. a break from stfc because of your views on di canio i understand,but going to away games defeats the object imo.
happy to put money into rival clubs but not your own?
SirWinston

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 20:38:09 »

I think most regular supporters get to a point at some time when STFC is no longer the be all and end all of their life, priorities change and other things take over.  My point was probably when I had my first son and stopped going regularly for a few years.  I still cared, but it wasn't as important as it had been and if we had a bad result, it didn't bother me for more than 15 minutes or so.  It's amazing how quickly the passion came flooding back though when I started going full-time again though,  although I've managed to keep my mood after a bad result in check better than I used to.  A bit longer than 15 minutes now, probably a few hours, but not a few days like it used to be!  I put some of that down to my 7 year attending with me, he's learnt from a young age how to put a dire performance/result into perspective!

Likewise JTR.  When my kids were young, I barely went and perspective on the Town and life kicked in.  When my lad turned 4 I started taking him to occasional games and we're now into our third year as season ticket holders.  I absolutely love it (Keegan) again, but the perspective is still there, unlike the teens to mid twenties period (up until McMahon broke my spirit) when my general mood hinged on how the Town were performing.

I think that the PDC period will ultimately be a brief, but far from dull period in our history and I'm looking forward to it.  It's likely to be one hell of a ride, so strap yourselves in.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 20:50:17 »

i dont get your stance here. a break from stfc because of your views on di canio i understand,but going to away games defeats the object imo.
happy to put money into rival clubs but not your own?
Sort of. This is a toughie for me.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 20:57:31 »

I stayed up last night waiting for the " welcome cunt " comments but didn't get many so am happier now I've received a few ! Glad to be part of the happy? Forum.

At least you got called a cunt   Sad
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 20:59:33 »

I don't have principles. Life's soooooo much easier that way.
Coca Fola

« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 21:05:33 »

All you're doing is punishing yourself.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 21:10:47 »

I wonder if Di Canio would have stood for us wearing fucking white at fucking Wembley? I suspect not. Random I know. It just occurred to me though and felt the need share.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: