Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 103390 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #240 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:38:30 »

Di Canio is coming on Radio 5 Live in the next 25 minutes or so.
Fucking hell, these Italians are passionate, aren't they
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:40:50 »

All sound very good from PDC from the press conference!

I am sure someone has brought this up but I hope with the potential shipping over of Italian players, PDC is just a little careful as we will need people with a certain mindset to tackle a Tuesday night in Morecombe.

Not 100% what we'd get with Italian youth teamers ....

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #242 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:41:32 »

Fucking hell, these Italians are passionate, aren't they

Ba doom. Tsch
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #243 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:42:48 »

Something I have noticed

We often don't have nearly as many people on line during a match day
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:46:44 »

I don't want to dwell on this point but I still feel uneasy about his politics. However, I think this is simply down to not agreeing with his ideologies.

Di Canio is correct, this is about football. Wray is right too, it's none of our business and was none of his business to talk about it during a professional work interview. For all I know, Don Rogers could be a BNP sympathiser.

Onwards and upwards.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:48:43 »

On R5L now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:49:20 »

Has the appointment of Di Canio done enough to get you to renew DV or are you going to wait and see how the season starts out?

If you'd have asked me after the season ended if us appointing Di Canio as manager would have made me renew then i'd have said yes.

In truth, no - whilst I think its a good appointment and he seems like a winner, I'm still not bothered, still not fussed, still not excited.

I've never felt so emotionless towards STFC before. It might seem melodramatic but I think going every week, living and breathing STFC, having the result dictate my mood for the entire week might be done for me.

....or I might completely change my mind when we start signing some players!!

We've got what seems like a good prospect as a manager, some pretty well qualified back room staff but the changing room is still full of utter fucking dross.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:57:01 »

I think it's the players we really awaiting for. If the new signings don't inspire then you won't get the spark back for a while. Fair enough.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #248 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:59:43 »

We certainly shouldn't expect to much. Asides from older players on the verge of retiring, I doubt there'll be many signings whose names we even recognise
Wiggler

« Reply #249 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 20:02:28 »

We've got what seems like a good prospect as a manager, some pretty well qualified back room staff but the changing room is still full of utter fucking dross.

Spot on, and this is partly why I'm so excited by this appointment  Not Worthy

We needed to bring someone in to stop the abysmal rot we've found ourselves in and give some of these players a fucking rocket. Can you imagine David Prutton for example swanning around midfield in second gear with DiCanio watching on from the sidelines?!

I think there will be some casualties, but the players will have a choice, step it up or not get a look in. and hopefully we'll see some of last seasons deadwood acually coming to life again.

You never know he might even manage to convince Vince he's a striker  Clap
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 20:04:15 »

You never know he might even manage to convince Vince he's a striker  Clap

I really think we might be expecting too much of the guy now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 20:07:02 »

In truth I hope to never see David Prutton in our midfield again or Pericard upfront for that matter.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 20:47:48 »

By the way, first forum member to get the scarf-above-head shot as their avatar later today wins.

Am i too late? Huh?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 21:18:33 »

You never know he might even manage to convince Vince he's a striker  Clap

Steady on, don't get too far carried away!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 21:21:46 »

I've never felt so emotionless towards STFC before. It might seem melodramatic but I think going every week, living and breathing STFC, having the result dictate my mood for the entire week might be done for me.

....or I might completely change my mind when we start signing some players!!

I think most regular supporters get to a point at some time when STFC is no longer the be all and end all of their life, priorities change and other things take over.  My point was probably when I had my first son and stopped going regularly for a few years.  I still cared, but it wasn't as important as it had been and if we had a bad result, it didn't bother me for more than 15 minutes or so.  It's amazing how quickly the passion came flooding back though when I started going full-time again though,  although I've managed to keep my mood after a bad result in check better than I used to.  A bit longer than 15 minutes now, probably a few hours, but not a few days like it used to be!  I put some of that down to my 7 year attending with me, he's learnt from a young age how to put a dire performance/result into perspective!

I was thinking about the players earlier and wondering what Di Canio will make of them.  It's going to be an interesting month or so in terms of who stays, who goes and who arrives.  I feel far more excited about it all than I did yesterday and I feel optimistic that next season will be eventful and hopefully enjoyable.  I hope the excitement comes back for you at some point, I'll be surprised if it doesn't  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: