Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 103232 times)
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 21:45:08 »

I think most regular supporters get to a point at some time when STFC is no longer the be all and end all of their life, priorities change and other things take over.  My point was probably when I had my first son and stopped going regularly for a few years.  I still cared, but it wasn't as important as it had been and if we had a bad result, it didn't bother me for more than 15 minutes or so.  It's amazing how quickly the passion came flooding back though when I started going full-time again though,  although I've managed to keep my mood after a bad result in check better than I used to.  A bit longer than 15 minutes now, probably a few hours, but not a few days like it used to be!  I put some of that down to my 7 year attending with me, he's learnt from a young age how to put a dire performance/result into perspective!

I have made the decision from next season to stop going for the same reason, my son is 11 months old and my priorities have changed. I'm still a fan and I still care about the club, but it's not the same as it used to be, there was a time where if we lost it would ruin my entire week until the next game, now I can put it into perspective and move on. I will still go to a few games, mostly evening ones and I really can't wait until my son is old enough to start going, then we can both be regulars again. PDC has sparked my interest again after the shambles of this season and i'm looking forward to seeing what happens over the summer, he said all the right things today.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 21:54:04 »

I have made the decision from next season to stop going for the same reason, my son is 11 months old and my priorities have changed. I'm still a fan and I still care about the club, but it's not the same as it used to be, there was a time where if we lost it would ruin my entire week until the next game, now I can put it into perspective and move on. I will still go to a few games, mostly evening ones and I really can't wait until my son is old enough to start going, then we can both be regulars again. PDC has sparked my interest again after the shambles of this season and i'm looking forward to seeing what happens over the summer, he said all the right things today.

And then once you get him involved, you'll have to live with the guilt of dragging him into a relationship that will play on every emotion possible  Cheesy  My son went from a day out at Wembley to relegation in his first full year of watching, so on to the rollercoaster ride of being a Swindon fan he came.  He's already asking when the first game of the season is, so it can't have scarred him yet!  Cheesy
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 22:07:10 »

A big hello to all fellow town fans Smiley first time post from me but have been a big fan of this forum for some time. Like a lot of you I felt really proud today to see the pictures of Pdc holding aloft the Swindon scarf. Have followed town since mid 70's so have seen many ups and downs along the way and today hopefully will be the start of the good days returning. I can take and give a bit of banter so hope you make me welcome. U reds !
deltaincline

« Reply #258 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 22:39:25 »

Welcome, you complete cunt.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #259 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 22:40:27 »

Welcome notts Smiley
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 05:54:17 »

Welcome!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 05:55:03 »

Let's hope he knows about the c*** thing.
Dozno9

« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 06:07:46 »

I'm 500 odd posts in and never been called one, I got called a bellend once but I'm not entirely sure that was aimed at me.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 06:48:25 »

If you'd have asked me after the season ended if us appointing Di Canio as manager would have made me renew then i'd have said yes.

In truth, no - whilst I think its a good appointment and he seems like a winner, I'm still not bothered, still not fussed, still not excited.

I've never felt so emotionless towards STFC before. It might seem melodramatic but I think going every week, living and breathing STFC, having the result dictate my mood for the entire week might be done for me.

....or I might completely change my mind when we start signing some players!!

We've got what seems like a good prospect as a manager, some pretty well qualified back room staff but the changing room is still full of utter fucking dross.

You'll be back. I can sense it...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 08:35:04 »

I'm 500 odd posts in and never been called one, I got called a bellend once but I'm not entirely sure that was aimed at me.
Oh shut up you attention seeking cunt
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 09:32:53 »

Donzo you are a complete babe!  Does that count?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 10:03:08 »

I don't know much about football management, but I thought he was really good in "Titanic" and "Gangs of New York".
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 10:50:32 »

I stayed up last night waiting for the " welcome cunt " comments but didn't get many so am happier now I've received a few ! Glad to be part of the happy? Forum.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 11:24:07 »

I stayed up last night waiting for the " welcome cunt " comments but didn't get many so am happier now I've received a few ! Glad to be part of the happy? Forum.
Welcome Notts, from a "babe" that lurks more than posts!

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 15:25:14 »

has di canio started work now or fucked off back to italy?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: