Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the countdown to 52  (Read 46713 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #90 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 10:05:29 »

Quite often the rediculous does happen in football.

If it didnt, no one would bother watching. It would be crap.
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:08:53 »

I guess we will win again this season and it's going to creep up on us like a great big goat.

Don't think we will see the goat at St Mary's though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:24:21 »

I guess we will win again this season and it's going to creep up on us like a great big goat.

Don't think we will see the goat at St Mary's though.

I'd say it's conceivable that we wont win again this season....this is the weakest Div 3 side since its formation in 58, and it's got a fair bit of competition for that accolade.  Our two previous relegations from Div 3, both contained 11 game winless runs , yet still had more points after 32 games.  The 81/82 even managed 52 points, but still went down.

The 05/06 side achieved our lowest ever Div 3 position....this side is on course for 24th.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 12:30:53 »

Since Charlton away we've played these teams.

Oldham (a)
Yeovil (h)
Rovers (a)
Tranmere (h)
Exeter (h)
Bournemouth (a)
Rochdale (h)
Orient (a)
Colchester (a)
Carlisle (h)

Apart from Bournemouth who are probably exceeding expectations, none of those teams are pulling up any trees. I would have realistically expected at the very least 15 points from those set of fixtures, we achieved a frankly feeble 3 points.

Another thing I have noticed from these 10 games is the lack of bookings that we have had, apart from Rose being sent off against Yeovil, we've had 6 bookings, and no bookings in the last 3 games, all of which we've lost. Now I am not suggesting that bookings win matches, but more a lack of fight on the players part.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:01:07 »

Since Charlton away we've played these teams.

Oldham (a)
Yeovil (h)
Rovers (a)
Tranmere (h)
Exeter (h)
Bournemouth (a)
Rochdale (h)
Orient (a)
Colchester (a)
Carlisle (h)

Apart from Bournemouth who are probably exceeding expectations, none of those teams are pulling up any trees. I would have realistically expected at the very least 15 points from those set of fixtures, we achieved a frankly feeble 3 points.

Another thing I have noticed from these 10 games is the lack of bookings that we have had, apart from Rose being sent off against Yeovil, we've had 6 bookings, and no bookings in the last 3 games, all of which we've lost. Now I am not suggesting that bookings win matches, but more a lack of fight on the players part.

No problem with lack of bookings....stupid red cards have already cost us this season. The lack of fight is because of the transitory nature of the game today. This group of players have more or less thrown in the towel on this season, and have probably instructed agents to look for new clubs.

Those that stay will still get paid the same next season, I don't suppose they have get relegated take pay cut clauses written into their contracts.  Perhaps something the Board mighty consider in future.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:02:05 »

I'd rather the board considered not getting fucking relegated in truth.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:19:58 »

I'd rather the board considered not getting fucking relegated in truth.

I can understand why the Board thought sticking with Wilson the best option, but it's failed, I thought we would start to pick up the odd win, once Jan was out the way....we've not come close.

Unfortunately, we haven't even got anyone around the club, who we could turn to to do a holding job.....Zippy isn't an option, and there's no long serving player like a Steve Fletcher.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:21:33 »

Why isnt Zippy an option?

Plenty of out of work managers about.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:28:48 »

Why isnt Zippy an option?

Plenty of out of work managers about.

Zippy's experience of management consists of a none too successful stint at Bath City, he'd have us trying to play football, not what is required at the moment.

Think it goes against what Fitton believes they're trying to do, just to get in a firefighter, the young players strategy will go on even when we're in Div 4.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #99 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:30:32 »

Get Paul Sturrock in until the end of the season, he'd do the no-nonsense job we need.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:33:22 »

Zippy's experience of management consists of a none too successful stint at Bath City, he'd have us trying to play football, not what is required at the moment.

Think it goes against what Fitton believes they're trying to do, just to get in a firefighter, the young players strategy will go on even when we're in Div 4.

I never said he'd be a good option - but he's still an option.

I think right now I'd happily have Budgie in charge if he was still here.

Dont think Sturrock will leave Southend to come here for a few weeks!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #101 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:35:34 »

I thought Sturrock was out of work..... My bad.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:37:31 »

Gary Johnson should come in tomorrow!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:41:18 »

Would you shut the fuck up and fuck off if he does?
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:43:03 »

Gary Johnson should come in tomorrow!
not going to happen  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: