Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the countdown to 52  (Read 46729 times)
woolster

« Reply #75 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:43:00 »

No, Yeovil in 20th place currently average 1.1 points per game. If we replicated that (20th place form) for the last 14 games of our season - that only be another 15.4 (!!) points which added to our 31 would see a total of 46.4 which would see us relegated with ease.
Clap Head Hurts
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:45:36 »

The Daggers have 2 home games coming up this week against Huddersfield and  Bournemouth.

If they were to get something from those games,there's a real possibility that this could start
to become a reality.

It doesn't bare thinking about.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter that much if you're 24th or 21st, you still end up in L2, let's just hope that our Board have learnt something form the mistakes made this season, and so avoid replicating them next year.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:58:49 »

let's just hope that our Board have learnt something form the mistakes made this season, and so avoid replicating them next year.

They're very intelligent men,so i'm sure they will realise the mistakes that have been made.

However,the scars and hurt of relegation will run very deep.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 21:05:04 »

DV's maths makes me sad.

So here are some kittens

[url width=482 height=327]http://aasarjeant.edublogs.org/files/2010/09/kittens1.jpg[/url]
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 21:09:19 »

DV's maths makes me sad.

So here are some kittens

[url width=482 height=327]http://aasarjeant.edublogs.org/files/2010/09/kittens1.jpg[/url]

And very cute kittens they are  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 21:16:32 »

DV's maths makes me sad.

So here is a kitten

[url width=500 height=375]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb363/simonvandenbos/funny-pictures-drunk-kitten.jpg[/url]

Look like puss must be a season ticket holder.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 21:46:47 »

I still believe that we can amass enough points from the teams that we have still to play.

The only problem that we are playing well and still losing. It's worrying.

But it wouldn't surprise me if we go to St. Mary's and win. It really wouldn't.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 21:54:25 »

I still believe that we can amass enough points from the teams that we have still to play.

The only problem that we are playing well and still losing. It's worrying.
We've gone from "Playing well*, did enough to win but only got a draw" to "Playing well*, should have got a draw but lost". That's more than worrying it's a downward spiral which we show no signs of getting out of.

*According to the manager/players/optimists

We have 14 games left to get 20/21 points. Our record in the last 14 league games reads W2 D4 L8. That's 10 points. And we're getting worse. We're really going to have to go some to turn that round.
But it wouldn't surprise me if we go to St. Mary's and win. It really wouldn't.
Despite the above nor me. But it still won't be enough to save us.

Today says it all - we can talk all we like about the performance, whether we think it was good but didn't score or abysmal or somewhere in between, it's irrelevant. And it has been for a good few games now. We had to win. And we didn't.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 21:56:19 »

Someone remind me what winning feels like again?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
woolster

« Reply #84 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 22:00:02 »

We've gone from "Playing well*, did enough to win but only got a draw" to "Playing well*, should have got a draw but lost". That's more than worrying it's a downward spiral which we show no signs of getting out of.

*According to the manager/players/optimists

We have 14 games left to get 20/21 points. Our record in the last 14 league games reads W2 D4 L8. That's 10 points. And we're getting worse. We're really going to have to go some to turn that round.Despite the above nor me. But it still won't be enough to save us.

Today says it all - we can talk all we like about the performance, whether we think it was good but didn't score or abysmal or somewhere in between, it's irrelevant. And it has been for a good few games now. We had to win. And we didn't.
best post of the day
Lumps

« Reply #85 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 22:02:15 »

We have 14 games left to get 20/21 points. Our record in the last 14 league games reads W2 D4 L8. That's 10 points.

And that sequence includes the run of four league games, from the Wednesday game to the Charlton game, when managed 2 wins and a draw. In the last 10 games we've lost 7 and managed three lousy draws.

Why the hell anyone is thinking we'll go away to Saints and get a win is beyond me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 22:08:52 »

Why the hell anyone is thinking we'll go away to Saints and get a win is beyond me.
Sheer fucking perversity. And because football's like that - does just enough to raise your hopes so it can piss itself laughing at you for the next 6 weeks as it smashes them into tiny tiny pieces again.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 22:11:17 »

And that sequence includes the run of four league games, from the Wednesday game to the Charlton game, when managed 2 wins and a draw. In the last 10 games we've lost 7 and managed three lousy draws.

Because it's a game of football..11 v 11..a two horse race and all that..you never know. No one thought we would win at Charllton. I'm not saying that I think we will win but to suggest there's absolutely no chance as you seem to be doing is ridiculous..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 22:13:03 »

Because it's a game of football..11 v 11..a two horse race and all that..you never know. No one thought we would win at Charllton. I'm not saying that I think we will win but to suggest there's absolutely no chance as you seem to be doing is ridiculous..
Even though I'm one of those who think we might, where we sit right now suggesting there's absolutely no chance is on a par with suggesting we might do in the ridiculous stakes
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 22:14:14 »

Sheer fucking perversity. And because football's like that - does just enough to raise your hopes so it can piss itself laughing at you for the next 6 weeks as it smashes them into tiny tiny pieces again.
Yep. Charlton away and every game that's followed being a case in point.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: