Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County Vs Swindon Town FC Official Match Day Thread  (Read 39270 times)
warksred

« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 23:25:47 »

just got back, highlight of the night was seeing Chris Read et al with the county championship trophy.
Definately not the football
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 23:29:27 by warksred » Logged
woolster

« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 23:31:23 »

a 3 nil win at least fri night is required No
deltaincline

« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 23:37:54 »

I think that's twice now Wilson has dropped a very big hint in post-match interviews that he's being pressured into playing youngsters at the back. Why else would he trot out the (paraphrased) line about 'If we are going to persist with the policy of playing youngsters at the back, they are going to make mistakes'?

Surpised no one else has picked up on it tbh.

Also, Wilson rightly identified Frampton as a possible short/long term solution to our leaky defence. After he got injured in his first game for us, why the fuck has Wilson not brought someone else in? The problem at the back hasn't suddenly gone away, FFS!

I cant make up my mind whether Wilson is risking his job by gambling on the likes of Morrison coming good, or is maybe being pressured by Fitton into playing younger players who can be moved on for a profit in January, with little regard to results.

Results and form aside, looking at the side he assembled last season, he clearly knows what he's doing. He brought players in rapidly when he identified problem areas and very rarely left himself vulnerable to criticism.

This season, so far, has been the complete opposite.

I dont think Wilson has turned into a complete cunt over the summer. Maybe something else has changed that we dont know about, yet?

Mailman44

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 00:18:23 »

We have for to stop panicking.  We have a talented if a little unbalanced side.  We do NOT need a major overhaul, just a few minor tweaks.  The wheels have not come off the apple cart, just a case of a young team finding it's way.  I think our run will start soon, probably against an ambitious Crawley Town on a Friday night at the County Ground.  I am happy we have some good teams coming up in the schedule, we always play to the level of our competitions we will be fine.  We have an issue with concentration, not talent and skill.  We should bring ina sports psychologist and do some visualization training.  I am off to the bookies to put some bread on our promotion odds.  BELIEVE!!!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 07:19:12 »

I think our run will start soon, probably against an ambitious Crawley Town on a Friday night at the County Ground. 

I guarantee we won't lose or even concede a goal at the County Ground to Crawley on Friday.

Unfortunately we are playing them in Crawley, which is not so good.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 07:29:07 »

Can someone who went post individual player reports?

Was Morrison as shit as he sounded on the radio?

It's All Good..............
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 07:29:22 »

Well, I have to say that was a massive disappointment, not happy  Bad Mood  but trying hard not to be overly pessimistic.  Not surprised to hear that Wilson came out with the same old stuff, but we do need to stop hearing it and start keeping clean sheets.  To be honest the writing was on the wall when Hughes came on and the ...hmm... 'idiots' at the back spent quarter of an hour singing 'Lee Hughes is a murderer' when they should have been singing something positive to support the side.  If there was going to be a scorer (and that was looking less and less likely as the game went on) it was always going to be him that scored.

Here is a list of the things I can't stand after a wasted trip yesterday:
Paul Ince
multi-ball
diversions taking me 20 miles out of my way on the way back

I am looking at things through glass half empty at the mo, not many positives for me out of that rubbish.  But I do believe we have the players to do it, we need to find a consistent formation and the right picks and stop chopping and changing just to accommodate people.   I can't honestly see when we're going to go on 'that little run' and yes the season is becoming a ' dead 'un '

Probably Prutton motm for me yesterday, though not many had good games, didn't create anywhere near the chances we had Sat, County shaded it on the basis of more clear-cut shots at goal.

Cheer me up someone!
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 07:31:03 »

Player scores herthab!

probably all 5s, except:
L FJ - 6
Prutton 6

can't honestly say anyone else deserved more. 
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 07:34:31 »

Player scores herthab!

probably all 5s, except:
L FJ - 6
Prutton 6

can't honestly say anyone else deserved more. 

Thanks Anna. It was a toss up for me whether to go last night or Friday (Couldn't get the time off for both) Hope Friday is better!

Good to see Prutton is still performing. It sounded like LJF was covering Morrison a lot of the game.

It's All Good..............
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 07:35:46 »

maybe a few fours in there come to think of it:
Morrison , sorry never rated him
Timlin - awful, overweight, I have his shirt from Charlton and it's big on me
Caddis, just for not being close enough to Hughes as the ball dropped onto his boot in the 88th minute
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 08:32:30 »

if you dont want to get too depressed dont read this link

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?188524-Gordon-Greer-that-s-why-we-paid-the-money
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:07:10 »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. That makes me mad.

Hulk Smash.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:18:08 »

You know it occurs to me that perhaps one of the reasons why things haven't panned out the way we hoped they would is because we haven't really replaced Greer. Has this been mentioned at all?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:33:50 »

You know it occurs to me that perhaps one of the reasons why things haven't panned out the way we hoped they would is because we haven't really replaced Greer. Has this been mentioned at all?

Don't think so. It certainly is very disappointing, the longer it stayed at 0-0 you had a feeling that there was only going to be one winner with a late goal. I'm getting a bit down hearted about my Sheff Wed trip now
Barry Scott

« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:52:47 »

Just thought I'd post it in here, as kept trying last night and couldn't, for obvious reasons. The server should be sorted now. I spent quite a bit of time a week or 2 back and cleaned up loads of rubbish, including reducing the database by nearly 1GB. I felt I may as well also cut back on the resources this site has. Seems that failed. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: