Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Charlton Athletic - A Matchday Thread  (Read 42500 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #480 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 23:09:10 »

Which is surely the point? Most think they are good players but they are not performing well so rightly they are asking questions.

It's not a new fad that has suddenly crept in is it,fans are pissed off at players and managment not performing at the moment yet anyone who voices that concern on here is shot down straight away.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 23:19:17 »

Which is surely the point? Most think they are good players but they are not performing well so rightly they are asking questions.

It's not a new fad that has suddenly crept in is it,fans are pissed off at players and managment not performing at the moment yet anyone who voices that concern on here is shot down straight away.
Given pretty much this whole thread consists of people voicing precisely that concern without getting shot down, I call "bollocks"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #482 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 23:42:10 »

Bang bang, I shot you down
Bang bang, you hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, I used to shoot you down.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 23:54:47 »

And you know that do you? Seen the wage bill? Even if true, I'd be willing to bet Douglas, Prutton, Caddis, Rose, Ferry all will be on bigger wages than what we'd been paying last season. Even with two out, that'd be a substantial increase.

None of us know what our wage bill is like and we won't till the next set of accounts are published.

I'm still looking for an explanation as to why our wage bill jumped so much over the last 3 years of accounts (average of £3.7m) compared to the 3 years before that (average £2.5m). If the big jump was due to the previous board being a bunch of twats and pissing money away on big money contracts then maybe it will start coming down again.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #484 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 23:59:07 »

Is the problem that we're not spending enough or that we've got the wrong players in though? That's the point I'm making and in no way shooting anyone down.

If Fitton gave Wilson another few hundred grand and we got in another Dossevi, Prutton and Caddis what would be the point.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Friday, November 5, 2010, 00:01:03 »

Form is temporary, class is yada-yada....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Friday, November 5, 2010, 00:05:20 »

None of us know what our wage bill is like and we won't till the next set of accounts are published.

I'm still looking for an explanation as to why our wage bill jumped so much over the last 3 years of accounts (average of £3.7m) compared to the 3 years before that (average £2.5m). If the big jump was due to the previous board being a bunch of twats and pissing money away on big money contracts then maybe it will start coming down again.

My mate reckons he's been told pericards on 7 grand a week. I told him he's talking bollocks, anyone heard any similar?

Things get better but they never get good
Panda Paws

« Reply #487 on: Friday, November 5, 2010, 00:35:51 »

My mate reckons he's been told pericards on 7 grand a week. I told him he's talking bollocks, anyone heard any similar?

From what I've heard (going back to the Paynter debate) our self-inflicted wage cap is 5k a week if that helps.

The wage bill has gone up over the last 3 seasons because we've bought in much better players on much bigger wages, simple. But revenue has also increased as an indirect result and as a result of the hard work put in by the board.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Friday, November 5, 2010, 09:19:42 »

Last season the chanes that Austin had on Tuesday night were buried.

It just isnt happening for us.

It was the lack of basic thought and skill that i cannot abide.

Rose kicking the ball into his own hand on Saturday was a classic.

Clems Army!
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Friday, November 5, 2010, 09:22:37 »

I agree with you so we need some luck?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Friday, November 5, 2010, 09:23:40 »

chances...

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: