Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All time STFC televised game list...  (Read 13973 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, November 1, 2008, 12:53:44 »

And Batch - you win. I got my dates wrong.

Yeah, go me!  I'd like to thank my agent, my parents (excluding my dad), yadda yadda

Smiley
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, November 1, 2008, 16:17:08 »

So we're all happy that the ZDS game was Palace and not Chelsea? tpg?

Which leaves the legendary game v UC Sampdoria June 5th 71, the second half, at least of which was live on Grandstand...we won 2-1 Peplow, Noble.

I am happy it was that game as i have the copy of it which was shown on sky, don't remember the chelsea game being shown, but the palace one definately was.

What i'd pay to see highlights of that 71 game against Sampdoria!
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, November 1, 2008, 16:35:21 »

I can clearly remember watching the Sampdoria game on Grandstand.You're right in that it was only

the 2nd half that was shown live.Barry Davies was the commentator.STFC live on the Beeb in the

middle of summer was ace.Unfortunately,as the game went on, we knew we weren't going to qualify

for the final and to retain our trophy.Goal difference i believe.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 17:49:21 »

Palace ZDS               13th Feb 90   (a) 0-1                          Sky                   
                                23rd Jan 92... (h) 2-4  Reeves Hall        Sky
  Villa   FAC                16th Feb92..  (h) 1-2   Mitchell             BBC
  Newcastle                8th Nov 92..   (a) 0-0                          ITV
  PBoro                      29Nov 92....   (a) 3-3  Taylor 2 Maskell   ITV
  Derby                      6th Dec 92... (h) 2-4  Hazard Maskell     ITV
                                24th Mar 93.. (a) 1-2  Taylor                 ITV
                                11th Sept 94  (h) 1-1  Fjortoft               ITV
  QPR......FAC             4th  Jan 93... (a) 0-3                            Sky
  Tranmere PO              16th May 93   (h) 3-1  Vickers og Maskell ITV
                                                               Mitchell
                                 25th Sept 98  (a) 0-0                            Sky
  Leicester PO              31st May 93    (n) 4-3 Hoddle Maskell      ITV
                                                                 Taylor Bodin (p)
  Liverpool..                 22nd Aug 93  (h)  0-5                            Sky
  Coventry.                  3rd Jan 94     (a)  1-1  Mutch                 Sky
  Sheff Wed.                4th April 94   (h)  0-1                            Sky
  Port Vale                   14th Aug 94   (h) 2-0  Scott Fjortoft        ITV
  MBoro                       15th Jan 95   (h) 2-1  Fjortoft Horlock      ITV
  Bolton                       12th Feb 95   (h) 2-1 Thorne 2                ITV
                                  22nd Dec 97     (h) 2-2  Walters Allison   ITVi
  Bristol City                 20th Nov 94        (a) 2-3 Scott 2
                                  13th Jan 02    (h)  1-2  Foley                  ITV
                                  11th Nov 05   (h)  2-1 Fallon McDermott   Sky
  Watford                      26th Feb 99   (a)  1-0 Howe                   Sky
  Cardiff City                 21st Oct 01     (h) 0-3                           ITV
  Oxford Utd                  20th Sept 92   (h)  2-2  Ling Taylor         ITV
                                   8th Dec 02         (a)  0-1                       BBC
  Wolves                      20th Aug 96    (h)  2-0  Allison Leitch      Sky
                                   3rd Sept 96      (a) 0-1                          Sky
                                   27th Sept96      (h) 1-2 Horlock              Sky
                                    7th  May           (a) 1-1 Thorne              ITV
   Crewe                        11th Jan 98       (a) 0-2                         Sky
   WBA                          19th Mar 95       (a) 5-2 Thorne 3 Fjortoft
                                                                         Gooden          ITV
   Portsmouth                 31st Oct 97      (a)  1-0 Hay                   Sky
   Ipswich                      15th Aug 99      (h)  1-4 Grazioli              Sky
   Reading                      14th Feb           (h)  0-0                        ITV
   Charlton                      20th Nov 97       (a) 0-3                        Sky
   Charlton Athletic PO      14th May 10        (h)  2-1 Austin Ward     Sky
   Charlton Athletic PO      17th May 10        (a)  1-2 Ward               Sky

WHU                          2nd May 93        (h)  1-3 Hazard            ITV
   Brighton  PO                16th May 04       (h)  0-1                       Sky
                                                             (a)  2-1 Parkin Fallon   Sky
   Notts County  FAC        13 th Dec 04       (a)  0-2                      Sky
   Lincoln City                  25th Mar 07        (a) 3-2 Corr Peacock
                                                                            Roberts        Sky
   Yeovil                         9th Sept 07            (h) 0-1                    Sky
   Exeter City                   12th April 10       (h)  1-1  Taylor OG       Sky
   Millwall                        29th May  10           (n) 0-1                       Sky
   Bristol Rovers               11th October 10     (h) 2-1 Morrison Pericard  Sky

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 18:10:15 »

Charlton x2?
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 19:20:46 »

If we get a definitive list, I'll add it to the site for future reference!

I can't believe this was two years ago.... but I finally got around to posting the list on my site:
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/TownOnTV.asp

One question.... was the Middlesbrough game in November 1997 (2-1 defeat with Ndah putting us ahead, then Merson & Emerson scoring for Boro) shown live?  I remember it being on TV,  but can't recall if it was live or not.

I've also posted a listing of all the STFC footage that myself and Bedford Red have compiled over the past few seasons.  We're still missing lots of footage from 1999 - 2005 - please get in touch if you have anything from this period, especially the Oxford (away) and Peterborough (home) games from the 2000/01 season.
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/TVFootageLibrary.asp

Cheers.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 19:29:39 »

I can't believe Reeves played for us in 1992!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 21:24:22 »

I can't believe this was two years ago.... but I finally got around to posting the list on my site:
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/TownOnTV.asp

One question.... was the Middlesbrough game in November 1997 (2-1 defeat with Ndah putting us ahead, then Merson & Emerson scoring for Boro) shown live?  I remember it being on TV,  but can't recall if it was live or not.

I've also posted a listing of all the STFC footage that myself and Bedford Red have compiled over the past few seasons.  We're still missing lots of footage from 1999 - 2005 - please get in touch if you have anything from this period, especially the Oxford (away) and Peterborough (home) games from the 2000/01 season.
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/TVFootageLibrary.asp

Cheers.

Certainly a neater list than my effort  Smiley.  Don't think that Boro game was on...but it wasn't an exactly scientific trawl of people's memories, none of the contributors mentioned it
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, November 7, 2010, 22:14:50 »

Great effort, another good addition to the swindon-town-fc site.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: