Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dagenham & Redbridge V Swindon Town Official Match Day Thread  (Read 38453 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:29:11 »

Plus, we cant have the best midfield in the division without a left winger.

JPM, Douglas, Ferry and Prutton are all decent but would never work as a midfield four. It would have to be JPM, Dougas, Ferry or Prutton and a decent left winger.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:29:14 »

,the defence has done well overall,

Only at times have we defended well as a team. We've conceded 2 (or more) in 6 of our 12 matches. Scoring 3 to win is always a tall order.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:37:03 »

Only at times have we defended well as a team. We've conceded 2 (or more) in 6 of our 12 matches. Scoring 3 to win is always a tall order.

Take your point Batch....take Plymouth away and i think we have defended ok this season.
My feeling is if we had taken the chances to increase our lead today we probably wouldnt have conceded two.
When your right and left back play attacking then you will always concede.
Truth is that Paynter and Austin are both missing....and so are the goals.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:38:37 »

Not meaning to point the finger, as I can't say it's all his fault. But from memory the games where we have conceded 2 or more goals have all been with Rose at left back.

It does appear that our defence is either very good or very bad.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:39:39 »

We only conceded one whilst Rose was left back Tuesday night.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:40:30 »

Just got back.

That was one of thw worst performances i have seen form us in a long time, scarlily Malpas-esque.

Cant comment on our goal as I (and think quite a few) missed it.

There goals were both avoidable. The first, we just stood off and stood off, inviting him to shoot and there second was a long throw which came to their guy with his back to goal and we let him turn and shhot.

Lucas - The only real possitive today, made some great saves and stopped them getting more. The only player who seemed seriously fucked off with the performance.

Kev - Poor at the back, misjudged quite a few and was never really a threat going forward.

Morrison & Cuthbert - Not too bad, soild enough, too many long ball for my liking, but they never really had any options, could have given them less time on the ball.

Rose - Always seems intent to hoof the ball long, showed no urgency to get the back in play when we chaisng the game, got caught at the back regually.

Caddis - Decent enough, looked a threat, good delivery and came closest to scoring.

Dougie/Ferry - Both poor. Gave them way too much time on the ball, didnt get forward enoughand never gave the top 2 an option.

Ball - Never really got in the game. Really isnt a winger, cant beat a player or deliver with his left foot.

Pericard - Just doesnt hold the ball up well enough for me, and definatley doesnt work enough for me, just seems to be lacking that bit of confidence and quality.

Dossevi - Didnt see the goal so cant comment, but i have never seen a player get caught offsiode so many times, doesnt seem able to read the game and is very relucant to run with ball, didnt gamble enough on Pericards flickons.

We were very poor today, no desire, didnt show for each other, no-one wanted the ball. We gave them too much time on the ball and they deserved to win, we created absolutley nothing bar a Caddis effort in the 2nd half which was ell saved by the keeper.

Our support was good inthe 1st half but in the second half it refelcted our performance, very flat.

Fair play to their keeper aswell, he took a lot of stick form us but he gave as good as he got and made an outstanding save from Caddis aswell.

We really need to strenghten our squad, pretty sure we only had 6 subs tody, because on that performance we are in for a dissapointing season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:46:04 »

Truth is that Paynter and Austin are both missing....and so are the goals.

No denying if the strikers score then it helps Smiley Goals change games to coin a cliche. For me I think we have problems at both ends of the pitch, just not disasterous ones (yet).
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:50:46 »

What was the attendance? Looked liked we pretty much filled the away end.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:52:28 »

What was the attendance? Looked liked we pretty much filled the away end.
2700, 1000 Swindon IIRC
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:54:24 »

Did Wilson mention bringing players in when interviewed?

The likes of Bodin are not good enough for a side wanting a top 6 finish.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:59:02 »

Did Wilson mention bringing players in when interviewed?

Yes. Something along the lines of high priority but not desperate.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:59:46 »

He was asked about the loan market and said something along the lines of we arent desperate for bodies, I think

Which seems odd, we clearly are - he also bemoaned injuries and suspensions
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 18:04:38 »

Hopefully he'll bring in a couple before Rovers - to go into a new season without replacing (or making a half decent attempt at replacing) several key players is very worrying.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #253 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 18:14:30 »

In my state of mind, and I'm having a few Pint I can't really be arsed to read the whole thread, what went wrong after being one up? We were up to 8th at one stage, oh it's been a bad week

At least Poole won

@leefer not checked on Brock yet
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 18:35:06 by stfcinbmth » Logged
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 18:25:00 »

Obviously today is a huge setback, but it's not the end of the world. I don't think 10 games define a season. Last season we were only 3 points better off than we are now at this stage of the season, and the season before that (Relegation dogfight) we were 3 points worse, so it's anyones game.
I couldn't make todays game, so can't comment on the performance, but we've played well, and in most cases controlled, a lot of our games this season.

Get Austin back from injury, as well as Sheehan, bring in a couple of loanees - Jobs a gooden  Smiley

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: