Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dagenham & Redbridge V Swindon Town Official Match Day Thread  (Read 38009 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:09:27 »

Not sure I understand you, but let me clarify.

The last thing I want is for Wilson to be even close to losing his job, I rate him very highly. However, I do think that if we are in a similar position in 6 weeks time, it will be inevitable that Wilson will be under a little pressure, especially with the cups coming up too.

Not sure what you mean with the fans being under pressure?

In other news, listening to Dave Lucas on the radio, the bloke is top class. Speaks so well, and is refreshingly honest.

Spot on.

...and the end of the day football is a results business and Wilson has made a rod for his own back. This season and any future season under Wilson will be judged against last season. Us as fans want progress, the board want progression and Danny Wilson wants progression. Going from losing play off semi finalists, to say 12th in L1 the following season is not progression and not the targets the manager set himself. I dont think anyone would be happy with a 12th place finish this season. It would be failure. In any job, if you fail or are failing you are under pressure

Fucking hell, let's all slit are wrists now.

we know the quality is there. It's only game 10.

The quality isnt there.

As for the squad, can we not recall Timlin? Its an extra body over the age of 12. We could do with a few.

I didnt even bother listening to the game. Wilson seemed his usual philosophical self and David Lucas seemed utterly embarrassed.

I think Torquay in the piss poor paint pot we need to go back to 4-4-2. Smith (personal choice, but Lucas whatever) Amankwaah, Cuthbert, Morrison, Rose, Jon-Paul McGovern (WIDE RIGHT) Jonathan Douglas, Simon Ferry (IN THE MIDDLE) Alan O'Brien (WIDE LEFT) Ball and Pericard or Dossevi upfront.

Back to basics, we cant replicate last season we dont have the same players - but lets try to as much as we can. That means re-uniting Big Kev and JPM down the right, that means re-uniting Douglas and Ferry in the middle.

I'd give Ball a run up front as he is a fucking striker.

Alan O'Brien - fuck it, we have no one else. I'd call him into the office monday - tell him he's starting and getting a full 90 against Torquay and that its make or break time for him, last chance saloon. Impress or find a new club.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:09:43 »

I think there are a few areas where the quality is yet to be proven.

But being 4 points outside the playoffs isn't a disaster, as ong as we can tighten it up and gain consistency.

I still beleive experience at the back is needed. Yes Morrison has been playing well with Cuthbert but they just seem to lack leadership.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:12:50 »

What did Lucas say?

Mainly that he was utterly embarrassed by our performance and couldn't really look the fans in the eye as he left the pitch. Very humble and came across as genuine.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:14:57 »

Going from losing play off semi finalists, to say 12th in L1 the following season is not progression

Are you taking about us or Huddersfield Wink

PS. Apperently Dossevi isn't available Tuesday, nor Caddis but you spotted that.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:17:02 »

Rose left wing, Sheehan/Kenndey left back, its got to be tried
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:18:54 »

Mainly that he was utterly embarrassed by our performance and couldn't really look the fans in the eye as he left the pitch. Very humble and came across as genuine.
One quote that particularly struck me was along the lines of "The fans turned out in fantastic numbers, really backed us, they pay their hard-earned money to support us and all we can do in return is that ... doss. Jeez, embarrassing". Or something like that. But clearly very heart-felt
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:19:01 »

Are you taking about us or Huddersfield Wink

PS. Apperently Dossevi isn't available Tuesday, nor Caddis but you spotted that.

D'oh.

Us, Play Off final losers.

I completely forgot about Caddis. I'd still rather we went back to Big Kev/JPM though both look worse players without each other.

I wasnt sure who to drop out of Dossevi and Pericard. Ideally both - but not sure i'd want to start with Bodin upfront. Guess it would be Pericard then.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:20:17 »

Rose left wing, Sheehan/Kenndey left back, its got to be tried

Rose isn't a winger. Not enough attacking mentality. Good LB though.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:22:56 »

It's not roket science really chaps.
Sound keepers,the defence has done well overall,for me the best midfield in the division.
That leaves the forwards.
Dossevi and Pericard will not score the goals we need to go along with Austin's contribution.
The manager and board have had ample time to replace Paynter...they havn't.
We need two good srikers to keep Austin company....and an ATTACKING  midfielder to go along with Douglas and company.
Very disapointing result today and it is dawning on me that we could be in for a season of mid table boredom..lets hope we get a cup run.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:23:40 »

Rose isn't a winger. Not enough attacking mentality. Good LB though.

Rose is good going forward. His defending is where he falls short.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:24:56 »

It's not roket science really chaps.
Sound keepers,the defence has done well overall,for me the best midfield in the division.
That leaves the forwards.
Dossevi and Pericard will not score the goals we need to go along with Austin's contribution.
The manager and board have had ample time to replace Paynter...they havn't.
We need two good srikers to keep Austin company....and an ATTACKING  midfielder to go along with Douglas and company.
Very disapointing result today and it is dawning on me that we could be in for a season of mid table boredom..lets hope we get a cup run.

Spot on
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:25:56 »

...oh and I cant believe we conceded ANOTHER goal to possibly the worst striker of all time.

Bas fucking Savage
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:27:05 »

Its not the strikers fault we've conceded 5 goals in the last two games is it

Things get better but they never get good
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:27:27 »

We may well have the best midfield in the division, but it's not good if they are all playing in the centre of the pitch.

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:28:29 »

i can't see how we have the best midfield in the division.
it's not settled at all.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: