Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dagenham & Redbridge V Swindon Town Official Match Day Thread  (Read 38459 times)
jb

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 16:38:49 »

our quality and creativity was dropped today as he can't adjust to the ridiculous line up wilson persists with.

To be fair the diamond has beaten Huddersfield and Southampton, I'm not against it. However Prutton and more importantly Sheehan are key factors in it's success.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 16:39:15 »

Our main problem is the lack of a settled side....due to injury suspension etc.

There's nothing wrong that a ten game unbeaten run wouldn't put right.

But we're still a bit off finding that settled unit, what with suspension and now international calls.

Winning Tuesday becomes massive though...
Panda Paws

« Reply #212 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 16:41:02 »

Really pleased for Billy making his league debut, but it shows exactly how thin and inexperiecned this squad is. Still need an experienced CB and ST, and still haven't found a left winger!

Midtable obscurity lies ahead unless we strengthen, and after the amount we spent in the summer and last season's success, I don't think the board will stand for a nothing season. Off the field, the board have been amazing and we're no longer an average league one side, but it needs to show on the pitch over the next 6 weeks or Mr Wilson may be under a little pressure heading into the winter.

bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 16:44:24 »

Really pleased for Billy making his league debut, but it shows exactly how thin and inexperiecned this squad is. Still need an experienced CB and ST, and still haven't found a left winger!

Midtable obscurity lies ahead unless we strengthen, and after the amount we spent in the summer and last season's success, I don't think the board will stand for a nothing season. Off the field, the board have been amazing and we're no longer an average league one side, but it needs to show on the pitch over the next 6 weeks or Mr Wilson may be under a little pressure heading into the winter.

Whilst i agree with most of your comments why do we have to bring up Mr Wilson is under pressure we the fans are under pressure,
Any way who would we replace Danny with he is a good manager
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 16:45:47 »

"To be fair the diamond has beaten Huddersfield and Southampton, I'm not against it. However Prutton and more importantly Sheehan are key factors in it's success."

But was that in spite of, rather than because of, the system?

IMO, Wilson did not intend to start the season playing 4-3-1-2. David Ball appears to have come in as a like-for-like replacement for Danny Ward, despite him having no left foot. Prutton started the season in the centre of 4-4-2 as well!
Panda Paws

« Reply #215 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 16:52:03 »

Whilst i agree with most of your comments why do we have to bring up Mr Wilson is under pressure we the fans are under pressure,
Any way who would we replace Danny with he is a good manager

Not sure I understand you, but let me clarify.

The last thing I want is for Wilson to be even close to losing his job, I rate him very highly. However, I do think that if we are in a similar position in 6 weeks time, it will be inevitable that Wilson will be under a little pressure, especially with the cups coming up too.

Not sure what you mean with the fans being under pressure?

In other news, listening to Dave Lucas on the radio, the bloke is top class. Speaks so well, and is refreshingly honest.
glos_robin

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 16:54:59 »

We didn't play a diamond today it was a flat 4 in midfield with Ball on the left wing and he didn't have a clue what to do. Maybe my other post was OTT but make no mistake watching today was embarrassing as we were beaten by desire. We couldn't even name 7 subs which is just stupid and youve gotta question the wisdom of letting timlin go or not signing people on loan
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 16:55:32 »

Fucking hell, let's all slit are wrists now.

we know the quality is there. It's only game 10.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 16:58:38 »

Not sure I understand you, but let me clarify.

The last thing I want is for Wilson to be even close to losing his job, I rate him very highly. However, I do think that if we are in a similar position in 6 weeks time, it will be inevitable that Wilson will be under a little pressure, especially with the cups coming up too.

Not sure what you mean with the fans being under pressure?

In other news, listening to Dave Lucas on the radio, the bloke is top class. Speaks so well, and is refreshingly honest.
What i meant about the fans being under pressure is like everyone i am pissed off however like us all i will bounce back after a couple of drinks,
Panda Paws

« Reply #219 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:00:34 »

On another note, we only named 6 subs today, including evans, thompson and bodin, so 13 senior pros. I know we have a couple of injuries but nothing out of the ordinary, so that is truley shocking. We need quality additions asap, the first year pros really shouldnt get anywhere near the team really.

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:02:31 »

i think 10 games in is a good enough marker to see where a team is.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:03:29 »

100% agree with that. The only good thing I've heard all day. Clearly hurts him as a pro, real pride and honesty. Exactly what as a fan you'd hope the players would feel but that you suspect they don't. The say-nothing top flight players with their mumbled contemptuous insincere platitudes should be made to sit down and listen to that interview before they pick up their next Bentley. Solid gold, Lucas
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:05:53 »

i think 10 games in is a good enough marker to see where a team is.

I rough idea, but the decisive time of action if needed is around xmas time. There's still 30 odd games to go. We don't need to press the panic button just yet.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:07:32 »

I think there are a few areas where the quality is yet to be proven.

But being 4 points outside the playoffs isn't a disaster, as ong as we can tighten it up and gain consistency.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 17:08:27 »

What did Lucas say?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: