Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34808 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 13:42:53 »

On the subject of Pericard, his stats must be approaching Shaun Close levels.

Shaun for the uninitiated was nominally a striker who made 40+ appearances for 1 league goal..inevitably scored v O*ford.

Ardiles liked Shaun because he had decent touch and brought others into play....nevertheless if you're up front you must score some goals.

I've a mate who played a decent standard of non-league football, who was convinced Shaun was a better bet than Steve White in terms of team play...I thought otherwise, which made for a decent pub argument.

The crowd never really got on Shaun's case, there was more of a feeling, that if he got one he'd be up and running....eventually he scored on a memorable LC night v Darlo.....but it made bugger all difference. Fact was Shaun was a bit crap and I suspect Vince is too.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 14:27:05 »

Pericard has only been a backup player for us anyway. Perhaps this will continue to be the case. If the fans' comments about Dossevi are to be taken at face value then he and Austin should be our main stikers and there is little need to worry about Pericard unless he suddenly needs to become the starting player up front. Let's not forget Ball is a lively player who will also cause defenses some problems too which means we have adequte backup up front, probably better than most of last year.

My cause for concern would be if Austin got sidelined for a spell, but I think that would be a concern even if our other strikers were scoring plenty of goals. Without an in form Austin last year we'd not have been nearly as good, even with Paynter knocking plenty in.

nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 15:01:15 »

Did Austin get booked on Saturday ? - when I saw the highlights with him celebrating his goal I thought he may have been.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 19:46:59 by nevillew » Logged

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 16:23:31 »

No think Dossevi was our only booking Saturday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8897990.stm
Spencer_White

« Reply #409 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 08:59:31 »

I want Pericard to come good just so I can sing the French national anthem with the words 'oh aah ooh ahh, Vince Pericard, ooh ahh Pericard'
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 09:34:05 »

Shaun for the uninitiated was nominally a striker who made 40+ appearances for 1 league goal..inevitably scored v O*ford.

Ardiles liked Shaun because he had decent touch and brought others into play....nevertheless if you're up front you must score some goals.

I've a mate who played a decent standard of non-league football, who was convinced Shaun was a better bet than Steve White in terms of team play...I thought otherwise, which made for a decent pub argument.

The crowd never really got on Shaun's case, there was more of a feeling, that if he got one he'd be up and running....eventually he scored on a memorable LC night v Darlo.....but it made bugger all difference. Fact was Shaun was a bit crap and I suspect Vince is too.

Team was doing well then....its when the team are losing that the crap players bare the brunt.
As for Pericard its time for the management to tell him what they want...a striker who along with Austin will score the goals we need...or a player just to meddle along not quite knowing what position he is playing....he drops to deep to hurt the opposition in my opinion.
Doore

« Reply #411 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 09:38:23 »

Shaun Close didn't come with a Juventus pedigree.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 09:44:57 »

Tottenham.

I wonder what close is doing now
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: