Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34369 times)
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 09:50:26 »

Sometimes i despair with our fans, i had a right pop at a couple of 'fans' at the orient game for giving O'brien grief, he made 1 miss pass and the torrent of abuse they dished out was incredible, then when he pulled off some nice control and moved the ball on it was all "bout fucking time.....er yeah one off..." etc. I fucking despair with some fans. Both pericard and O'brien have only a handful of starts to their name, match confidence is a fragile thing and takes a while to achieve, something that will never happen if people are constantly on their backs. Sometimes i think the term 'supporter' is so wide of the mark. If both have a good run in the team but are still out of their depth then fair enough, but for fuck sake give them a chance before the witch hunt starts and its normally by people who weren't even at the fucking games!!!!!!  Suicide

Whilst i'm at it those gunning for Rose need to have a word with themselves, the lad has played 3 competitive starts for us but has suddenly become the weak link. I fail to see how our defensive frailties can be laid at his door. I'd go as far to say that some of the goals we've conceeded are just a tad unfortunate, and more down to our defending as a team than just our defence. I'd love for just one game to have eveyone in attendance being positive and loud and getting behind the team and seeing where it takes us.... 

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 10:01:40 »

Sometimes i despair with our fans.

It's always been the same....and will stay so.

Rose took approx 50 mins to become a target by the failure to deliver decent crosses from a variety of promising positions.....then a few goals going in from his side don't help. Personally I think he will come good for us.

What you need to do is something memorable on debut or early doors, and it buys you leeway.

Look at Brez...wonderful debut and a fair bit of shit after, but he never got the sort of treatment that Phil Smith gets.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 10:03:40 »

Sometimes i despair with our fans, i had a right pop at a couple of 'fans' at the orient game for giving O'brien grief, he made 1 miss pass and the torrent of abuse they dished out was incredible, then when he pulled off some nice control and moved the ball on it was all "bout fucking time.....er yeah one off..." etc. I fucking despair with some fans. Both pericard and O'brien have only a handful of starts to their name, match confidence is a fragile thing and takes a while to achieve, something that will never happen if people are constantly on their backs. Sometimes i think the term 'supporter' is so wide of the mark. If both have a good run in the team but are still out of their depth then fair enough, but for fuck sake give them a chance before the witch hunt starts and its normally by people who weren't even at the fucking games!!!!!!  Suicide

Here here!! Well said

Whilst i'm at it those gunning for Rose need to have a word with themselves, the lad has played 3 competitive starts for us but has suddenly become the weak link. I fail to see how our defensive frailties can be laid at his door. I'd go as far to say that some of the goals we've conceeded are just a tad unfortunate, and more down to our defending as a team than just our defence. I'd love for just one game to have eveyone in attendance being positive and loud and getting behind the team and seeing where it takes us.... 
Rich Pullen

« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 10:04:09 »

County durham is 100% Sunderland and norff of the river Tyne is 100% toon army whilst Jarrow/Hebburn/Felling/ Gateshead is split 50/50

I work in Co. Durham and I assure you, it's certainly not 100% The majority support Sunderland but there's a massive Newcastle following.

Either way, Hartlepool don't stand a chance.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 10:06:42 by Rich Pullen » Logged
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 10:10:23 »

Rose took approx 50 mins to become a target by the failure to deliver decent crosses from a variety of promising positions.....then a few goals going in from his side don't help. Personally I think he will come good for us.

Completely agree with you and stegen. I actually thought Rose was one of our better players for long periods of the Brighton game - hardly surprising that his understanding with the rest of our very young back line may not have been spot on having only played with them for a few weeks.

Considering some of the signings and quality of football we've been subjected to as fans over the last decade or so i think everyone would be in agreement that Wilson knows what he is doing and has proved himself a good judge of talent.

OK, he's not going to get it right every time but as has been noted its hugely unfair to write these players off and get on their backs after so few games.

Lets just put things in perspective and see where we are come christmas eh?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 12:05:44 »

Well said that man! 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 12:35:57 »

Big Vinnie really is fighting a losing battle isn't he?

Well, yes

Maybe if he actually scored a goal or two.

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 12:39:54 »

Well, yes

that's about all he's ever scored aint it?
his goal tally is poor to say the least
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 12:44:58 »

Yes, im not overally fussed about what record he has in the past but the fact is, he hasnt done it fr us at all.

Not even looked like scoring and those claiming he set Austin up saturday really are straw clutching, he miss controlled it. Thank god he did!

He's still not shown enough and still seems to be carrying a knock, forever!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 12:48:37 »

Well he's had shots blocked, cleared off the line and I've seen him hit the post twice. Could have had a handful of goals if he had a bit more luck.
Meth Test

« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 12:54:38 »

If he'd tucked that infamous header away from 3 yards it could have gone so differently.

Will surely go out on loan as he just doesn't cut the mustard technically or athletically.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 13:01:23 »

I'm still convinced there is a player in there somewhere, but how long do you give him? I'd say at least 1/2 this season - but we have options so he may be on the bench and hence still hard to judge.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 13:18:40 »

Has he played much for the reserves?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 13:23:55 »

Well, yes

But he has hardly played, which is my point.  And he isn't a goal scorer, his history and feedback from Carlisle fans back this up.  His strength is bringing other players into play and setting up things for them, similar to Billy until last season.

Look, I'm not saying that Vinnie is the answer to our prayers, all I am saying is we are giving him little chance to impress because we are on his back even when he is sat on the bench, which has been the majority of his time here.  If it doesn't work out, then fine show him the door, but at least judge him after he has had a run of 3 or 4 full games rather than a run of 10 substitute appearances.

Dave, you get pissed off with everything being Smith's fault in everybody's eyes and you are quick to point that out to people, but everybody is doing exactly the same thing with Vinnie.  At least Smith has had a few full games for us to judge him on. It just smacks of pot, kettle, black.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 13:28:22 »

No, it doesnt.

Smith gets blamed for things that arent his fault - or things Lucas (or any other keeper) wouldnt have saved either.

Big Vince gets stick because he doesnt score goals because he doesnt score goals. He is a striker and even before last season Paynter still hit double figures both seasons for us.

Rory Fallon did the whole coming off the bench thing and managed to chip in with about 7 goals. Whilst its not ideal Big Vince minutes are slowly adding up - and still nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: