Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35033 times)
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 19:10:37 »

Very pleased, to draw 2-2 after being 2-0 down at half-time away from home is a good result. OK you can question why we were 2 down in the first place because it sounds like they were awful goals to concede, but to come back shows a lot of character and fight which is really encouraging.

The stats show we were probably the better side again, so we just have to cut out the silly goals against and we'll be fine, we carry plenty of threat at the other end.

Looking forward to Brentford now, hope we can get our first win.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 19:28:14 »

Happy with that result!

Just read this thread and some of the posts early on are embarrassing, bordering on thisis at times! 

Some people need to get a grip, even some regular posters were verging on mongness today, don't turn into Leeds/Brighton fans people just because we had a day trip to Wembley last season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 19:38:32 »

Just seen the goals on SSN. Cracking finish from Dossevi
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 19:40:22 »

Was it noted earlier that Greer's been sent off on his Brighton debut Cheesy

Closer...

For punching an opposition player!
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 19:42:47 »

Just got back and have to say that but for a weak header from Lecs for the 2nd and a you kick it, no you kick it moment between Scotty and JD we were much the better side.Caddis looked sharp, O'brien had one run in particular in the 2nd half when he went past at least 3 of their players got to the byline and finished with a good cross. They seemed to panic when Pericard came on and we appeared to have more room to play.Dossevi  :clap:took his goal well and Charlie was pure class.Not sure if you can play Ferry JD and Jesus together though,seemed a bit flat and improved once Ferry went off. Must mention the Cross dresser in the blue dress giving dogs abuse to Hartlepool, goes to all matches in the away end and slags off Hartlepool.Good to have characters
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 20:39:38 by brocklesby red » Logged
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 20:53:34 »

Got back about an hour ago - we dominated posession today and carved out a few decent chances, we'd have won it comfortably if we didn't gift Hartlepool a 2 goal head start.  I can only remember one chance that Hartlepool managed to create themselves (when they hit the bar in the 1st half).

Thought Caddis looked good again, and O'Brien seems to be beginning to show something - got a fair few crosses in today after beating his man, just needs to work on his delivery a bit more and he could set up a lot of goals this season.  Dossevi looked good when he came on, fantastic finish and Austin took his chance very cooly too.

Worrying thing is obviously the defence - both goals came from hesitancy (JD & Cuthbert left the ball to each other for the first one, and the 2nd one LJF let it bounce before trying to head it back to Lucas and got no purchase on the header).  Definitely needs someone at the back who talks to everyone - having Lucas back helped a bit with that today.

My other slight frustration was everyone's reluctance to shoot.  A couple of times near the end someone had the ball on the edge or just inside the area with a decent chance to let a shot off and decided to either pass it to someone else or piss around with it and the chance was gone.

Overall though I'd give the performance a 7 out of 10, and hopefully the comeback from 2-0 will finally kick start our season.

And my favourite part of today was when Monkhouse when down softly for a free kick and Lucas shouted to JP (who fouled him) "next time just fuckin hit him"!!  Cheesy
Panda Paws

« Reply #351 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 21:01:18 »

Got back about an hour ago - we dominated posession today and carved out a few decent chances, we'd have won it comfortably if we didn't gift Hartlepool a 2 goal head start.  I can only remember one chance that Hartlepool managed to create themselves (when they hit the bar in the 1st half).

Thought Caddis looked good again, and O'Brien seems to be beginning to show something - got a fair few crosses in today after beating his man, just needs to work on his delivery a bit more and he could set up a lot of goals this season.  Dossevi looked good when he came on, fantastic finish and Austin took his chance very cooly too.

Worrying thing is obviously the defence - both goals came from hesitancy (JD & Cuthbert left the ball to each other for the first one, and the 2nd one LJF let it bounce before trying to head it back to Lucas and got no purchase on the header).  Definitely needs someone at the back who talks to everyone - having Lucas back helped a bit with that today.

My other slight frustration was everyone's reluctance to shoot.  A couple of times near the end someone had the ball on the edge or just inside the area with a decent chance to let a shot off and decided to either pass it to someone else or piss around with it and the chance was gone.

Overall though I'd give the performance a 7 out of 10, and hopefully the comeback from 2-0 will finally kick start our season.

And my favourite part of today was when Monkhouse when down softly for a free kick and Lucas shouted to JP (who fouled him) "next time just fuckin hit him"!!  Cheesy

Got back to Swindon about 45 mins ago. agree with most of this post, although I will say that we looked devoid of ideas going forward playing 451 and looked immensely better after the subs
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 21:02:54 »

Thought the same in the two home games, afraid to make mistakes?

Good report thanks.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 21:08:48 »

I thought we looked reluctant to shoot against Brighton last weekend, at times we wanted to take an extra touch or make an extra pass instead of just having a pop when the chance came, I wondered if it was confidence related perhaps. We looked more adventurous against Orient in the first half and the players took a few more attempts which came to nothing.

Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 21:13:31 »

Dead chuffed with 2-2 in hindsight. It's obvious we're missing a gobby leader at the back. Ironic that Greer went 2 and 2 on the red card front today!

Tough challenge coming up with Brentford. Anyone seen their team on paper these days? They have quality (make no mistake) and will be no push overs.

I'm begining to see brighter horizons. Looking forward to seeing TD's strike. Sounds like a cracker.

Well done to those brave souls that got up there. Brilliant effort.

"Great save, Digby."
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 21:59:14 »

Happy with that result!

Just read this thread and some of the posts early on are embarrassing, bordering on thisis at times! 

Some people need to get a grip, even some regular posters were verging on mongness today, don't turn into Leeds/Brighton fans people just because we had a day trip to Wembley last season.

People get a bit over-excited in the heat of the moment, bearing that in mind, I don't think the comments were that bad to be fair.
Bodins left foot

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 21:59:48 »

Good fight back and signs of great character in the lads.

Something to build on and I'm really pleased to hear positive reviews of O'Brien and Caddis. Cut out the silly errors and hesitancy and the season is really going to be a good one..!

Bahamas Dave
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 22:04:57 »

Wilson you twat! No changes??? What the fuck!!

Having said that....

I'm not going to 'name and shame' here, but this was definitely a 'Thisis' moment...have a word...you know who you are Contract
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 22:13:42 »

Can't disagree much with what has been posted already by those who went. I'd like to single out two players though, one good, one bad.

David Prutton - utterly pedestrian, second to every ball, looks a yard off the pace and lacking ideas. On the bright side, a very good pass to put Caddis in in 2nd half.

Alan O'Brien - Really good performance from Alan today. I singled him out against Orient for his performance and today was more of the same. Frightening pace and the delivery is getting there. Could be a big bonus for us this season if he stays fit.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 22:17:15 »

We've played two league games, generally bossed both, but have been caught out a bit at the back.

No need to panic, it'll probably take another 3-4 games for the team to really gel, during which we'll drop a few points, but nothing which will ruin our season.

What's important is that Charlie is still scoring.  That was something I was worried about, what with him losing his partner and being in his second season. 

Good post new guy, puts a lot of the garbage posted on here to shame. I'm with you, we've not played badly by all accounts, just need the back tweaking a bit, and then we'll be on another 15 game unbeaten run.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: