Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35029 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, August 15, 2010, 20:45:22 »

Reading their boards a mixture of disliking the manager, high unemployment, and they have 3 three big northeast teams on thier doorstep, cant be easy being there. Strong possibility most sides going to D&R  the away fans will outnumber the home fans .
Rich Pullen

« Reply #376 on: Sunday, August 15, 2010, 20:54:19 »

Hartlepool doesn't stand a chance up here, likewise Darlington. It relies on Hartlepool residents because Co. Durham is Sunderland territory with a very, very strong Newcastle following.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, August 15, 2010, 20:57:59 »

I thought Hartlepool must have lost a load of fans, but accoring to this their verage last season was only 3299

http://www.mikeavery.co.uk/Attendance%20Tables%20Median%202009-10.htm
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #378 on: Sunday, August 15, 2010, 21:30:32 »

What has happened to Hartlepool's attendances?!

2900 for their first league game of the season after they beat Sheff United in midweek?

Surely whoever is bankrolling them cant go on forever?

In the third tier I can only remmember ever going to a game with a lower attendance than that. Wrexham away about 2002, and they went terminally downhill after that. Dagenham will be a new low though, cant remmember a club as small as that being in the 3rd tier for years?

If you go back ot the late 70s then Chester and Tranmere regularly used to get crowds of less than a thuosand in Div 3 and palying us wouldn't tip it into 4 figures, particularly as we'd only take 50-100 to these games.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, August 16, 2010, 09:21:55 »

Just seen the goals on BBC iplayer Football League show.  Great come back by us and looked as if we could have nicked it at the end.

Great goal by Dossevi and a nice little set up by Pericard for Austin who finished it cooly.

he missed controlled it and it was lucky Austin was there to score.

Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, August 16, 2010, 09:45:09 »

Highlights http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8916152.stm
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, August 16, 2010, 21:00:55 »

Hartlepool doesn't stand a chance up here, likewise Darlington. It relies on Hartlepool residents because Co. Durham is Sunderland territory with a very, very strong Newcastle following.
County durham is 100% Sunderland and norff of the river Tyne is 100% toon army whilst Jarrow/Hebburn/Felling/ Gateshead is split 50/50
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #382 on: Monday, August 16, 2010, 21:06:27 »

Having seen the highlights Pericard takes the ball down himself and although it gets away from him a bit he would have had that, but he stops when he sees Austin there.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, August 16, 2010, 21:13:20 »

Having seen the highlights Pericard takes the ball down himself and although it gets away from him a bit he would have had that, but he stops when he sees Austin there.

your'e right

but if Austin would have let him have it, it would have been a Hartlepool throw
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 07:55:18 »

Big Vinnie really is fighting a losing battle isn't he?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
trogladite

« Reply #385 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 08:28:24 »

[/quote

Sorry to say but Bernie as never spoken a truer word.  No matter what VP does it will never be good enough for some Town fans and  I use the word fan in its loosest sense.  Imagine Tonis Tampon coping with Fjortoft (sp) barren  spell.
I despair the way a section of a crowd will get its claws into one or two players no mater how they perform on the day.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 08:43:38 »

[/quote

Sorry to say but Bernie as never spoken a truer word.  No matter what VP does it will never be good enough for some Town fans and  I use the word fan in its loosest sense.  Imagine Tonis Tampon coping with Fjortoft (sp) barren  spell.
I despair the way a section of a crowd will get its claws into one or two players no mater how they perform on the day.

Trogladite, I have witnessed barren spells from Eastoe, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft to name but a few, but I always knew they would come good because they had already done it for us.

I just cant see it happening with VP
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 08:45:04 »

Old cunt.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 08:49:58 »

Old cunt.

that will be me then !
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 09:28:37 »

But the bloke has hardly played 90 minutes for us yet.  I am not convinced he will come good but am at least willing to give him a chance.  When you are getting slated even before you a stripping down to come on it's got to make your job that much harder.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: