Pages: 1 ... 1543 1544 1545 [1546] 1547 1548 1549 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4517924 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23175 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 06:06:46 »

That’s because the Kasstaad doesn’t hold 13,000. Tin pot fuckers!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23176 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 06:56:02 »

A fence isn't going to hold many  Smiley

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23177 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 07:12:03 »

They’d get more in Barry Scott’s new shed!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #23178 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 08:15:47 »

Bad news - warm-up routine - Joelinton six yards out - side-footed shot over the bar and onto a car bonnet. No word of a lie... #NUFC https://t.co/olCgs8uRTM

Pint
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23179 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 09:09:30 »

understanding Saint-maxim more than longstaff in the post match interview 😀

I was having a thought about the headband thing that Saint-Maximan was wearing last night. It was quite a thick material and therefore provided a cushion over his forehead. Wouldn't this give him an unfair advantage when it comes to heading the football? I.e if he was stretching for a header, ordinarily he may not be able to reach the ball, but given the extra material, he would have a better chance of getting to the ball? Not sure if wearing such a headband would make him be able to head the ball harder given it ran across his forehead?

Would it be any different to having some kind of foreign extension to a boot that would be useful when sliding in on a ball going across goal?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23180 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 09:24:22 »

I was having a thought about the headband thing that Saint-Maximan was wearing last night. It was quite a thick material and therefore provided a cushion over his forehead. Wouldn't this give him an unfair advantage when it comes to heading the football? I.e if he was stretching for a header, ordinarily he may not be able to reach the ball, but given the extra material, he would have a better chance of getting to the ball? Not sure if wearing such a headband would make him be able to head the ball harder given it ran across his forehead?

Would it be any different to having some kind of foreign extension to a boot that would be useful when sliding in on a ball going across goal?

Don't recall it giving Steve Foster any noticeable advantage. Plus there was that Watford player who looked like he had some plastic stuck to his head in the 80's?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23181 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 10:41:33 »

I was having a thought about the headband thing that Saint-Maximan was wearing last night. It was quite a thick material and therefore provided a cushion over his forehead. Wouldn't this give him an unfair advantage when it comes to heading the football? I

Reminds me of the time I fell for the "Adidas Predator Headband" April fools.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23182 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 11:06:01 »

Reminds me of the time I fell for the "Adidas Predator Headband" April fools.
Ha, just looked that up and apparently although it was an April Fools, Craig Johnston was really annoyed as he was trying to market precisely such a thing:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fools-gold-7-times-footballers-tricked-world-april-fools-day
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #23183 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 21:09:24 »

Not to be a "Sally 3 shits" but made me smile when I had a positive response from all the family. Buying them all several trees each for Christmas, to at least offset the CO² from all the wrapping paper and gifts etc.

Some may say just buy items that don't require packaging but at that time of year it is quite difficult. I've previously bought hamper boxes and filled them with items, but the trees will continue to offset the CO2 used (at least by us) and I plan on buying them several each year.

The long term plan, in my mind is to actually have a family woodland to which we can continually add to and manage. Something that future generations can enjoy and benefit from.

Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #23184 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 11:12:19 »

The Cineworld on Whitehall Way in West Swindon has just been robbed.

Police are urging witnesses to come forward as its believed the getaway car is headed towards Purton.

Two Gunmen have just escaped with an estimated total of £7500 in goods!

It’s believed the men have made off with 4 Hot Dogs, 2 medium Pepsi Max’s, a family size Popcorn and a large bag of Revels.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23185 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 11:55:28 »

Not to be a "Sally 3 shits" but made me smile when I had a positive response from all the family. Buying them all several trees each for Christmas, to at least offset the CO² from all the wrapping paper and gifts etc.

Some may say just buy items that don't require packaging but at that time of year it is quite difficult. I've previously bought hamper boxes and filled them with items, but the trees will continue to offset the CO2 used (at least by us) and I plan on buying them several each year.

The long term plan, in my mind is to actually have a family woodland to which we can continually add to and manage. Something that future generations can enjoy and benefit from.

Smiley

Will they chop them down and stick them in the corner of their living rooms covered in tinsel for 3 weeks a year before discarding them?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23186 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 12:43:03 »

Owning woodland has long been used as a way of avoiding inheritance tax.... technically you're supposed to show that you are felling some trees for commercial use, the timber is tax free, but there are other ways like trees being wind breaks, or you plan to fell trees after say 50 years of growth....

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23187 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 12:50:04 »

As you get older you sure need a bit of help to get wood.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #23188 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 17:45:01 »

Owning woodland has long been used as a way of avoiding inheritance tax.... technically you're supposed to show that you are felling some trees for commercial use, the timber is tax free, but there are other ways like trees being wind breaks, or you plan to fell trees after say 50 years of growth....

Don't envisage it being using as an inheritance tax loophole. Not with my parents current status or my own for that matter. We'd be looking at purely just managing an area of woodland that can be sourced and "reforested" as i said, sustainable. If that falls under the  inheritance tax loophole at some point, it'll be by accident rather than intentional design.

Will they chop them down and stick them in the corner of their living rooms covered in tinsel for 3 weeks a year before discarding them?

Nope. I don't think they'll be spruce tbh. More a mix of Cedar, Oak, Elm, Birch, etc. Depending on the plot used.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 7, 2020, 17:49:06 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #23189 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 18:32:47 »

Consider the Larch.
Pages: 1 ... 1543 1544 1545 [1546] 1547 1548 1549 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: