Pages: 1 ... 1453 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 1459 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518003 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21825 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 14:41:00 »

Don't forget, if you are not legally resident in the UK, only Emergency care is free.  Any inpatient type work is technically billable for non UK Residents.
There are a few dodgy scenarios when becoming non resident. Although my bank have no problem with keeping my account active, almost every savings institution insist on having a UK address. I certainly don’t want anything other than day to day cash held in my Greek bank account, so I’ll have to forget informing the place I stash my millions!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21826 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 14:58:17 »

I've retained a UK address for banking.  There are some specific expat institutions and accounts on the market - to allow for all the wealthy to hoard money where needed.  Mines a simple HSBC though, paying off debts every month :-(
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #21827 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:43:31 »

Still annoys me. The Morrisey of football clubs.

'I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a steak to wear...'

Then Lady Gaga changed all that. Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #21828 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 19:17:43 »

Thing is they are a lot like Hunt Sabs, a lot of people quietly support the cause but to many in the front line it seems an ego trip and puts others off.

At least Peta are clever about it.
I gladly support the hunt sabs with money on a monthly basis and couldn't give a fuck about peoples reasoning for doing it.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21829 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 13:07:03 »

Donald Trump seems to have been watching the second Sicario film - three of his border crisis claims are  in scenes from the film.  Maybe Hollywood should get a little cleverer and start making movies to see if they can influence Govt. policy as he doesn't give to much credence to security briefings or policy meetings (amid claims he walked out of one on Healthcare because it was boring him).
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #21830 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 15:28:43 »

Was the second any good? The first was brilliant but the lead lady, can't recall her name, wouldn't sign up for the second which doesn't usually bode well.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21831 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 19:36:54 »

No idea, but it might have caused a 35 day Govt. shutdown and be the business case for a $25bn to $75bn infrastructure project
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21832 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 19:49:28 »

For anyone with an Amazon Echo device, ask her what 100 is in Welsh.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21833 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 20:04:57 »

Quote from: Samdy Gray
For anyone with an Amazon Echo device, ask her what 100 is in Welsh.

potty mouth
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21834 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 20:15:31 »

Went into my appraisal on Wednesday expecting a positive outcome as I've done very well over the last year, but with aspirations to eventually be promoted if a restructure could happen in 12-18 months.

My boss then announced that he will be leaving and I'm being offered the job with no interview as senior management want me as successor.

Probably mymost bizarre appraisal but dead chuffed.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21835 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 20:16:38 »

Went into my appraisal on Wednesday expecting a positive outcome as I've done very well over the last year, but with aspirations to eventually be promoted if a restructure could happen in 12-18 months.

My boss then announced that he will be leaving and I'm being offered the job with no interview as senior management want me as successor.

Excellent news mate, if you want it of course!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21836 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 20:21:35 »

Excellent news mate, if you want it of course!

Yes, will be accepting tomorrow. I don't need the weekend they are willing to give me to mull it over 🙂
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21837 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 20:23:10 »

congratulations Si. Brilliant news.

we were put on notice of redundancy straight after Christmas as our company are 'transferring' our products to the USA (yeah, good luck with that).

Thankfully I've been selected to work on another project which will hopefully be 18 months+ more work and a bit of upskilling.

not sure it's made me smile, but it's a relief.
Flashheart

« Reply #21838 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 20:26:37 »

My boss then announced that he will be leaving and I'm being offered the job with no interview as senior management want me as successor.

Congrats Si
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21839 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 20:36:08 »

congratulations Si. Brilliant news.

we were put on notice of redundancy straight after Christmas as our company are 'transferring' our products to the USA (yeah, good luck with that).

Thankfully I've been selected to work on another project which will hopefully be 18 months+ more work and a bit of upskilling.

not sure it's made me smile, but it's a relief.

I've had similar experiences in the past and it turned into a huge opportunity to shine and go from disposable to invaluable so I hope the same can be true in your case!
Pages: 1 ... 1453 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 1459 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: