Pages: 1 ... 1394 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 1400 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4517982 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #20940 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 09:11:16 »

From hot cheese to tramadol - a brief reminder of the TEF's journey into middle age.

We miss your drug-fuelled ramblings too fB. Now the only rambling discussions are about Pewsey Vale vs. Cotswolds.

Sad

To be fair it was medicinal tramadol. Had a Hernia op last week, might have over exerted the last couple of days. Was a bit sore.

I had noted the increased chat about bike rides and country walks. If you all want to turn into Reg that's fine by me. Personally I don't like leaving Old Town much. I know where my house and all the pubs are. Saying that I do sometimes get that little desire for adventure outside my comfort zone. Think I might wander down the Rolleston at lunch time. Haven't had a chance to give it a go since it re-opened.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20941 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 09:14:18 »

Tramadol doen't work for me Sad I am on Durogesic 75mcg and they don't do anything either Sad

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #20942 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 09:15:37 »

Tramadol doen't work for me Sad I am on Durogesic 75mcg and they don't do anything either Sad

I found the tramadol experience a bit wishywashy after the first couple. So I broke open the capsule and snorted it instead. Seemed to work better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20943 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 09:22:51 »

To be fair it was medicinal tramadol. Had a Hernia op last week, might have over exerted the last couple of days. Was a bit sore.

I had noted the increased chat about bike rides and country walks. If you all want to turn into Reg that's fine by me. Personally I don't like leaving Old Town much. I know where my house and all the pubs are. Saying that I do sometimes get that little desire for adventure outside my comfort zone. Think I might wander down the Rolleston at lunch time. Haven't had a chance to give it a go since it re-opened.

If you're feeling adventurous, can I recommend a day trip to Weston on the train.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20944 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 09:37:38 »

From hot cheese to tramadol
I reckon that should be the title of fb's autobiography Smiley
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #20945 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 09:38:32 »

You can recommend what you want reg. I do love a good train dayer. Not for today though. I think the bottom of the hill is far enough.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20946 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 09:52:58 »

You can recommend what you want reg. I do love a good train dayer. Not for today though. I think the bottom of the hill is far enough.

Just a shame you can no longer combine the two.....

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #20947 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 10:00:13 »

Just a shame you can no longer combine the two.....

That it is. What a lovely video.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20948 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 10:05:29 »

Back in the 1950s well before I was born my Granddad donated several items to the new Swindon Museum, 2 hand illustrated 15th and 16th century bibles (his father, my great grandfather, was a lay preacher at St Marks Church under Rev William Pitt) and a Crimean spitting frog mug similar to this one.

I contacted the museum who have been very helpful as I have never seen these items myself.

The Bibles appear to have been sent on loan to Perth Museum in Scotland in the 1960s and they currently can't trace them but the Frog Mug has been loaned to Swindon Railway Cottage Museum in the railway village, very apt as my Grandfather and Great Grandfather both worked in the works all their lives, and it is on show in the kitchen area so we have a private viewing arranged to finally see it.

Swindon so deserves a better museum than the one they currently have, the curator has been amazing and so helpful.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20949 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 13:36:35 »

For the first time in ages I had reason to go into Swindon town centre today. I was walking back the Brunel Centre when an old fella called me to help him out at the ATM - he’d forgotten what to do. He handed me his card and needed a tenner cos the car park machines were unable to take cards at the moment.

He’d already incorrectly entered his pin a few times so there wasn’t much I could do help there so I handed him a tenner and told him to be careful who asks for help.

Made me feel good.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20950 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 14:17:33 »

For the first time in ages I had reason to go into Swindon town centre today. I was walking back the Brunel Centre when an old fella called me to help him out at the ATM - he’d forgotten what to do. He handed me his card and needed a tenner cos the car park machines were unable to take cards at the moment.

He’d already incorrectly entered his pin a few times so there wasn’t much I could do help there so I handed him a tenner and told him to be careful who asks for help.

Made me feel good.
And reading that made me feel good. You utter legend
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20951 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 14:23:39 »

I didn't read anywhere that Audrey handed his card back, so will reserve judgement  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20952 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 14:29:21 »

I didn't read anywhere that Audrey handed his card back, so will reserve judgement  Smiley
Ha ha, Audrey the scam artist Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #20953 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 14:45:53 »

Ha ha, Audrey the scam artist Smiley

Just seen, 50 ATM cards go up for sale on Ebay...  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #20954 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 15:12:50 »

Convincing the 12th mug today to give me a tenner...like I can't use a cash machine!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 1394 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 1400 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: