Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 1246 ... 1938   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4658381 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18630 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 13:05:04 »

I went to the march in London along with 100,000 others a couple of weekends ago. I would have gone last night had I not been ill.

What does this make me?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18631 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 13:08:51 »

I went to the march in London along with 100,000 others a couple of weekends ago. I would have gone last night had I not been ill.

What does this make me?

Sick?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #18632 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 13:13:18 »

So you reckon you know the motivations of thousands of people you've never even met? Maybe there's more people responding to this because they're sufficiently outraged by what Trump had already done and the threat they feel he represents that that's motivated them to get off their butts and do something about it. Should they be just as outraged by the plight of the homeless, cuts to the disabled, child poverty, world hunger, disease, the attacks on the NHS etc etc. Yeah, probably. But you don't get to decide what motivates other people, they do. But maybe having finally been moved to respond to Trump, some of those people will also think a bit more about some of those other issues as well. And in the meantime, if you think those issues are important, then you're quite free to campaign on them and persuade others to join you (and if you are doing already, then great, more people should be doing that), but that still doesn't entitle you to sneer at what other people see as important, any more than they are entitled to sneer at your priorities.
Brilliant,so a bit like the way you have sneered at anyone who has voted in support of Trump or anyone who voted Brexit for that matter. Like i said i do find it amusing as i see it day in day out the fake outrage over this,people like Sonic i think fucking fair play on him he voices his opinion and acts on it and will follow it up,it's the constant amount of fake outragers like i said i find amusing.  
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18633 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 13:18:37 »

Didn't thousands protest at austerity measures in April and then again at the Tory party conference in October just last year? Edit: And a protest in July, post-referendum. I guess we all have bad memories Smiley

On the Trump matter, I maintain it would be better to get him over here and then protest. I suppose he'd enjoy it even more then, however.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18634 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 13:19:24 »

Once Teresa bends us all over a table in her rush to seal a trade deal with the US, to make up for Brexit isolation, it will make TTIP look benign. You can kiss goodbye to the NHS once that starts to take effect. Don't expect much media focus on that either, because most of those same papers that don't cover the effects of cuts, or protests against them, have been slathering to dismantle the NHS for years.

It was always the case that the Tory Brexiteers would look to cuddle up to the neocons in the US, once the comfort blanket for post war consensus of the EU was shed.  Who knows maybe a return to the system of healthcare for those who can afford it and Bedlamesque lunatic asylums and the workhouse on the "parish" for the rest of us, will work just fine.  After all the parish, is very much the Tory buzzword locally.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18635 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 14:30:41 »

Brilliant,so a bit like the way you have sneered at anyone who has voted in support of Trump or anyone who voted Brexit for that matter.
Where?
Like i said i do find it amusing as i see it day in day out the fake outrage over this,people like Sonic i think fucking fair play on him he voices his opinion and acts on it and will follow it up,it's the constant amount of fake outragers like i said i find amusing. 
And again, how do you know these thousands of people you don't know are "fake outragers"? Surely what they are doing is voicing their opinion and acting on it? And aren't you doing just the same as you're accusing them of?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #18636 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 14:44:01 »

I've got no problem with people voicing their opinion. That's everyone's right in our society. But it would be naive to think everyone involved in the Trump protests were there due to their personal beliefs and outrage at Trump's actions. The bigger the 'event' the more people want to be a part of it and sometimes the motivation for doing so is no more than that.
I might be apathetic (I'm not sure as I can't be arsed to think too much about it) but demonstrating about anything seems futile anyway. The powers that be don't give a fuck what the great unwashed think.

It's All Good..............
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #18637 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 15:10:51 »

Well that was pointless.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38814346
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18638 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 15:22:12 »

The powers that be don't give a fuck what the great unwashed think.

Usually they don't, but the Poll Tax Riots and other co-ordinated protests eventually won out and saw the back of Thatcher.  Smiley
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #18639 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 15:23:44 »

Where? And again, how do you know these thousands of people you don't know are "fake outragers"? Surely what they are doing is voicing their opinion and acting on it? And aren't you doing just the same as you're accusing them of?
Not at all. I have my facebook feed full of bullshit memes about Trump brexit etc these people swearing blind he is the anti christ and then throwing grids in peoples faces to prove their point on Trump and then it comes to a protest in Swindon where are they? At home playing fucking candy crush. They are the fake outragers i am on about. Swindon had 30 people turn up last night to that protest as opposed to the hundreds who said they would. That's how i know it is true that half are jumping on the band wagon.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18640 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 15:28:46 »

Not at all. I have my facebook feed full of bullshit memes about Trump brexit etc these people swearing blind he is the anti christ and then throwing grids in peoples faces to prove their point on Trump and then it comes to a protest in Swindon where are they? At home playing fucking candy crush. They are the fake outragers i am on about. Swindon had 30 people turn up last night to that protest as opposed to the hundreds who said they would. That's how i know it is true that half are jumping on the band wagon.
I share your disdain for FB meme warriors. But your original post, that I suggested was a bit unfair on the 1000s of people who went to protests, was having a pop at the people who did go to protests against Trump. Now it's people who said they would, but didn't? Which is it?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18641 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 15:29:51 »

Usually they don't, but the Poll Tax Riots and other co-ordinated protests eventually won out and saw the back of Thatcher.  Smiley

Whilst I really cannot be arsed to go into it in detail, having only been about 15 when Thatcher departed but seeing the amount that was written about her by people angry nearly 30 years on I read a biography of her last year just out of interest and the Poll Tax (and riots) had very little to do with her departure.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18642 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 15:31:29 »

People should be encouraged to protest against whatever they like, its something the British have frankly got piss poor at in recent years, with the vast majority just quietly doing what the politicians tell them to do and not arguing.

It Trump and Brexit wind people up a bit it can only be a good thing!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18643 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 15:33:50 »

Couldn't happen to a nicer chap! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/38809210
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #18644 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 15:35:09 »

I share your disdain for FB meme warriors. But your original post, that I suggested was a bit unfair on the 1000s of people who went to protests, was having a pop at the people who did go to protests against Trump. Now it's people who said they would, but didn't? Which is it?
Apologies,people who go on these marches fair play to them even if most of their efforts are futile and probably a waste of time. It is the people who are banging on about protests online urging everyone else to do so over the smallest things i have a massive dislike for,those people who are telling everyone just how awful everything is without doing fuck all about it.
Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 1246 ... 1938   Go Up
Print
Jump to: