Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 1937   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4655687 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #4725 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 10:18:19 »

They are very, very sensitive over there, I behaved myself and still got banned. Their rage online forum seems a bit more normal.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4726 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 10:32:10 »

I don't hate any Oxford fans.  Why would I?  They're football fans, like me, supporting - for the most part - a local side they grew up with, like me.  I'm irritated by some of them, certainly, and I think some of the professed hatred of STFC that some of them show is way over the top.  (In fact, in general terms I'd go so far as to say the fan base as a whole is too hung up on STFC...certainly a lot more than we are on them, generally.)  But hate?  Much too strong a word.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4727 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 10:53:41 »

Hate could be too strong a word in all honesty, yes they are football fans but they do in the main genuinely seem to hate us and I hate anyone that hates me.

I had a door to door electricity salesman come round to my house, I invited him in as I was genuinely interested in the deal he had on offer....

He sat down and saw my signed framed Swindon shirt and exclaimed "I am not able to offer you the deal as I am an Oxford supporter, I don't like you and won't offer you these deals"

He got up and walked out without even saying sorry or goodbye, not a word, I thought what a fucking twat and didn't say a word and reported him to Southern Electric so I hope he got a good talking too, I told them the reason why and apparently that was the 2nd time someone reported him for a similar subject.

I was also attacked by a group of 6 Pox "fans" in London for wearing a Swindon shirt back in the late 80's, I did nothing to provoke this attack at all, I didn't even make eye contact with them but was picked on purely because I had a Town shirt on (it was when Pox were playing at Charlton and we had played at Orient) luckily I escaped into a shop outside Paddington but that did too tarnish my feelings and somewhat enhance my dislike of them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4728 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 10:59:36 »

Hate could be too strong a word in all honesty, yes they are football fans but they do in the main genuinely seem to hate us and I hate anyone that hates me.

The self-perpetuating, vicious circle!

Maybe next week, the lucky 1,252 should try to break it by showing the Oxford lot a little love.  Smile at them.  Ask them whether they're having a nice day.  Sing them a few songs.  That'll fox them.   Smiley
Dozno9

« Reply #4729 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:31:53 »

I do agree with you JJ on this and I think you're pretty spot on, Ardiles you also right in that hate is a too stronger word and on reflection I'm probably too hung up on it.

Like JJ with an "Oxford experience" after nearly being killed on the motorway once by some Oxford fans for no more than having a Swindon scarf on the back seat my feelings of them moved from dislike to hatred, tarnishing them all. Of course this is wrong and as Ardiles says hatred is a strong word but they continually prove they're Neanderthals when it comes to football. I'll just have a thorough, thorough dislike like for them for now.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #4730 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:45:03 »

rubi light in the 2.40 is one of the bets of the week

Cheers!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4731 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 12:02:14 »

I do agree with you JJ on this and I think you're pretty spot on, Ardiles you also right in that hate is a too stronger word and on reflection I'm probably too hung up on it.

Like JJ with an "Oxford experience" after nearly being killed on the motorway once by some Oxford fans for no more than having a Swindon scarf on the back seat my feelings of them moved from dislike to hatred, tarnishing them all. Of course this is wrong and as Ardiles says hatred is a strong word but they continually prove they're Neanderthals when it comes to football. I'll just have a thorough, thorough dislike like for them for now.

Exactly how it works though, isn't it.  You were tailgated by a car of Oxford fans which, obviously, sticks in your mind.  What you won't remember is the hundreds of other times you'll have been passed by Oxford fans on the motorway and never knew about it, because they either did nothing at all or simply raised an eyebrow etc.  It's the wankers that you remember.  The trick is not then to extrapolate the dickheaded behaviour of the idiots who nearly ran you off the road across the whole of their fan base.

I too have had my run ins.  I used to live in Oxford for a while so I met a few idiots myself.  But I also met Oxford fans who were sound.  Don't get me wrong...I'm not going soft.  Next Saturday, I don't just want to beat them; I want to dismantle Oxford.  I want Connell to go one better than Steve Robinson and get himself a hattrick, with other players chipping in too.  (Even Michael Duberry would be welcome to get on the score sheet for us...and probably will, based on recent form.)  I want a win by three clear goals and for there to be no doubt what so ever that we're in a different league to them (literally speaking, hopefully, by the start of next season.)  But for me, it's all about what happens on the pitch.  Their fans - or any silly scraps that fans from either side might want to get involved in - don't even enter in to equation for me.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #4732 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 14:42:15 »

Everyone has been saying since the start of the season we're due to spank someone 4 or 5 nill.

I genuinely hope it's next saturday.

kerry red

« Reply #4733 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 15:50:53 »

I honestly believe that what really gets to them is that they cannot believe that we don't, in the main, share the same hatred for them that they do for us.

The fact that playing them, for us, is really no different than us playing Brizzle or Reading.

They hate Swindon but can't see the irony that it is that hatred that defines them.

Without us they are nothing
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4734 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 16:01:16 »

The fact that them, for us, is really no different than us playing Brizzle or Reading.

I'm sorry but I think that is bollards.

Maybe it is because there has been a big gap in playing them, but I still hate those yellow and blue bastards more than any other club. I can see some may bestow the honour on City instead, but never Reading. They are irrelevant.

We've all gone fucking soft if we somehow can't have a rival to hate.

The difference is that this time around our fans have a bigger picture to look at. If we lose to Oxford we are still in poll position for automatic promotion and a proper cup final to go to. For Oxford,  if we beat them they are clinging on to a playoff spot. In other words the game does not define our season. But it could pretty much break theirs.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4735 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 16:06:23 »

I can imagine some of there older "hoolies" on yellowsforum being like uncle albert
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #4736 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 16:24:28 »

Sheepshaggers 1 Scousers 0

Dalglish's face is a picture !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DMR

« Reply #4737 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 16:55:10 »

Moaning cunt Westy thinking he had it won after 3 holes and now having Rory take him to the cleaners
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4738 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 17:00:38 »

I'm sure that this has been posted before but I think the oxford/bristol thing depends on where you live.

We used to live in Chippenham, and I worked in Bristol for many years so had a real dislike for both City & Rovers, also the fact that we had the delights of HTV who used to wank all over any Bristol success & grudgingly acknowledge when Swindon did well.

The fact that Oxford was almost twice as far away (from us) as Bristol, and that we didn't play them much or have to put up with Central TV probably also reduced the ill will towards the Scum.

The odd thing is, now that I have to drive through scumsville every other week to get to a home game I find that I dislike them more & more.

I don't really hate Oxford fans (I don't know that many), but I hate (with a passion) the piss stain of a club they support.

And come Wednesday (when we need to start thinking about them), I will be looking forward to our boys going up there & thrashing the horrible fuckers on their own pitch. Once that is over, we can hopefully leave them in our wake for another 10 years.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4739 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 17:11:44 »

I don't really hate Oxford fans (I don't know that many), but I hate (with a passion) the piss stain of a club they support..

Yes that is an important distinction. You can hate them for being Oxford fans without hating them (or even knowing them) as people.

Last week I was in a pub and the only thing they had on tap a bit different was "Hooky" Hook Norton bitter. Nearly didn't buy it due to the county it comes from, the a DMR style voice in the back of my head told me it might be going a bit overboard.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 17:48:21 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 1937   Go Up
Print
Jump to: