Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 1370 [1371] 1372 1373 1374 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518636 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20550 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 18:32:18 »

According to my FB "on this day" 9 years ago today I proposed to my wife just before the match on the radio, Mark O'Donnells Saturday football show.

I txt in Mark and asked if he could ask her to marry me and instead, unexpectedly, he phoned me back and made me ask her myself live on T'Radio.

On another note, congrats to JJ who proposed live on BBC Swindon for those that didn't hear it before the match.

I'm sure he is loitering around the forum somewhere!

Oh, and COME ON TOWN!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20551 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 18:38:50 »

Smiley

shame Mark O'D got shafted by the Beeb, used to enjoy listening to it before the match. Only time I ever bothered with much more than just the match commentary
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20552 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 18:45:30 »

Smiley

shame Mark O'D got shafted by the Beeb, used to enjoy listening to it before the match. Only time I ever bothered with much more than just the match commentary
Ditto, I miss him and him playing "half time Ska" and "The mess around" when we won.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #20553 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 19:31:15 »

Smiley

Not the only one was he? There was that scouse DJ who did the morning breakfast slot I think, who tried to get the old railway hooter revived. One of the rare times i’ve Actually enjoyed local radio, commercial or national, match day an exception of course.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20554 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 19:44:38 »

Graham Mac. yeah, he went when they merged BBC Wilts and BBC Swindon breakfast shows.

gave up on BBC Wilts totally after that, commentary aside
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #20555 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 19:56:22 »

Graham Mac. yeah, he went when they merged BBC Wilts and BBC Swindon breakfast shows.

👍
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20556 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 20:00:54 »

According to my FB "on this day" 9 years ago today I proposed to my wife just before the match on the radio, Mark O'Donnells Saturday football show.

I txt in Mark and asked if he could ask her to marry me and instead, unexpectedly, he phoned me back and made me ask her myself live on T'Radio.

Ah, how romantic  Smiley  Hug Love
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #20557 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 21:18:44 »

Wasn't that Stuart Mac, ran the Rolleston for a while ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20558 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 22:16:35 »

no, the hooter guy:

http://www.mackmedia.co.uk/bio
https://swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/swindon-town-set-to-have-a-hoot/
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #20559 on: Thursday, May 3, 2018, 22:27:02 »

This made me smile. A guy on social media asked;

"Can someone explain why the moon has a straight shadow half way through it's sky cycle? Surely if the earth is round it would constantly have a curved shadow!!"

I don't know if he is suggesting that the Earth is flat but he does seem to be questioning the legitimacy, of the spherical nature of our planet. I think he may need to go back to school.  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20560 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 00:27:20 »

"Can someone explain why the moon has a straight shadow half way through it's sky cycle? Surely if the earth is round it would constantly have a curved shadow!!"

I don't know if he is suggesting that the Earth is flat but he does seem to be questioning the legitimacy, of the spherical nature of our planet. I think he may need to go back to school.  Pint

https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2018/may/02/the-universe-is-an-egg-and-the-moon-isnt-real-notes-from-a-flat-earth-conference
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #20561 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 08:33:46 »

Surely it doesn't take too much actual critical thought to realise it's not the shadow of the Earth that causes the half moon line.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20562 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 10:39:59 »

This is a bit of a weird one but after seeing Kocielny snapping his Achilles last night and the pain he was clearly in, I don't feel so bad about thinking I was being a total wimp when it happened to me in March.

Having been through 2 of these now, I wish him a full recovery of course.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20563 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 11:02:24 »

The £10 hand carwash in Chippenham. Including quick inside hoover and an air freshener.

OK its not valet standard. But its £10. As long as I work in this town I'm never going to ASDA automatic wash again.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20564 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 11:03:14 »

This is a bit of a weird one but after seeing Kocielny snapping his Achilles last night and the pain he was clearly in, I don't feel so bad about thinking I was being a total wimp when it happened to me in March.

Having been through 2 of these now, I wish him a full recovery of course.

Snapping your Achilles - that's major trauma. I think you can be as wimpy as you like over that one!
Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 1370 [1371] 1372 1373 1374 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: