Pages: 1 ... 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5085357 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7845 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 20:16:53 »

What are my odds?

Fair to middling. I thought I got done 2 weeks ago today doing about 90 on the M4. He was a little way off and I slowed pretty quickly, nothing in the post yet....
steptoe41

Ignore
« Reply #7846 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 20:21:47 »

Rich people that talk to you like you're a piece of rubbish, i'm only trying to help you, you ungratful sod.

I had this a few days ago when I answered the phone at work to a customer who I know to be very rich but a complete tosser with it. He spoke to me like I was a piece of dirt so I told him that I was not going to help him and that he could basically shove any request for assistance up his arse.
He then demanded to know who he was speaking to and that he would get me sacked. So I gave him all of my details and told him that if he wanted to complain he could write to the managing director (me) and that upon receipt of his letter, I would chuck it in the bin.
I am still waiting for the letter to arrive....
Flashheart

« Reply #7847 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 10:23:55 »

Wake up having had not enough sleep. No problem, I'll just go back to sleep again.

Tell myself I have to get more sleep in order to get work done, big mistake. I'm then trying too hard to sleep, which has the opposite effect. I'll get nothing done today meaning I have to catch up tomorrow (deadlines are already due), which in turn means I can't get pissed tonight.

Cuntsticks
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #7848 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 11:58:10 »

Fair to middling. I thought I got done 2 weeks ago today doing about 90 on the M4. He was a little way off and I slowed pretty quickly, nothing in the post yet....

I thought I had got caught a couple of weeks ago too, probably doing about 90 on the M4. Usually, by the time you have seen them with the camera, they have alreay clocked you so slowing down dramatically is pointless. He actually waved at me as I was passing him, thought at the time it was probably to say "Aaaahhhh, got ya you fucker", as I haven't heard anything  yet, maybe it was just a cautionary, "Slow down a bit mate" but that would imply that somewhere on the M4 is a traffic cop with a bit of common sense  No

Ignore
« Reply #7849 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 12:00:11 »

I thought I had got caught a couple of weeks ago too, probably doing about 90 on the M4. Usually, by the time you have seen them with the camera, they have alreay clocked you so slowing down dramatically is pointless. He actually waved at me as I was passing him, thought at the time it was probably to say "Aaaahhhh, got ya you fucker", as I haven't heard anything  yet, maybe it was just a cautionary, "Slow down a bit mate" but that would imply that somewhere on the M4 is a traffic cop with a bit of common sense  No

Unlike the driver knowingly doing 20mph over the speed limit?
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #7850 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 12:29:54 »

I got done doing 70 in one of those tempory 50 speed limits on the motorwa a couple of weeks ago, first offence as well the fuckers.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7851 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 12:34:43 »

You will do as it was probably in 'roadworks'. The old bill look down on that, as the speed limit is reduced to protect the workers.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7852 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 13:18:48 »

Unlike the driver knowingly doing 20mph over the speed limit?

Empty motorway, dry conditions = no problem but no complaints if caught.

Busy motorway, very dark wet conditions + texting + no lights + 90Mph = girl in Clio I saw pass me on way home yesterday.

Ignore
« Reply #7853 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 13:24:00 »

Empty motorway, dry conditions = no problem but no complaints if caught.

Busy motorway, very dark wet conditions + texting + no lights + 90Mph = girl in Clio I saw pass me on way home yesterday.

Might seem like no problem until you have to stop and it takes longer to do so or you swerve at that speed instead of 70mph(guess who has been doing driver courses recently?)
My driving has calmed down loads over the last few years. Don't speed at all anymore(much to the annoyance of tailgating cars behind me)
« Last Edit: Friday, June 15, 2012, 13:34:08 by arriba » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #7854 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 13:30:55 »

I think the biggest problem with those that speed is down to the fact they're such shit drivers they don't even know they're speeding - as evidenced by the number of cars with no lights on.

I've never understood how anyone could ever drive further than the end of their drive without looking at the dash and realising they can't see their speedo. (When dark/dusk.)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7855 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 14:00:41 »

Lights are used to be seen and to see. Some people think the first doesn't apply to them.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7856 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 14:04:42 »

Might seem like no problem until you have to stop and it takes longer to do so or you swerve at that speed instead of 70mph(guess who has been doing driver courses recently?)
My driving has calmed down loads over the last few years. Don't speed at all anymore(much to the annoyance of tailgating cars behind me)

There's something to be said for sitting in the inside lane at 70 mph, certainly.  I don't do it all the time but you get used to it fairly quickly when you do...and you're not constantly in & out of the inside lane either (or sitting in the middle lane, which is worse).  If you're not in a hurry, why hurry?
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #7857 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 14:08:06 »

The trouble is the 70mph limit on the motorways has been in place for far too long. 30 years ago when motorways were being built, brakes on cars and the ability to control the car was vastly inferior to now. 30 years ago 70mph was fast. Now in good driving conditions (dry, clear, light etc) driving at 80-90 mph is safe as long as you are capable of keeping focussed and concentrating.

Theres a lot to be said for changing speed limits depending on road conditions, a bit like they do on the M25 south section where the limit changes depending on how much traffic is on the road
DMR

« Reply #7858 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 14:18:10 »

There's something to be said for sitting in the inside lane at 70 mph, certainly.  I don't do it all the time but you get used to it fairly quickly when you do...and you're not constantly in & out of the inside lane either (or sitting in the middle lane, which is worse).  If you're not in a hurry, why hurry?

But in reality, unless it's the middle of night, when can you pootle along at 70 in the slow lane? With every HGV capped at about 50?

What causes total fucking chaos is when some chump in an artic doing 56mph decides to overtake another one doing 55mph, causing every middle lane plodder to move out wide and infuriate those of us can drive competantly at speeds of 80+
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7859 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 14:22:43 »

What causes total fucking chaos is when some chump in an artic doing 56mph decides to overtake another one doing 55mph, causing every middle lane plodder to move out wide and infuriate those of us can drive competantly at speeds of 80+

The dreaded 'elephant racing' phenomenon!
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: