Pages: 1 ... 2264 2265 2266 [2267] 2268 2269 2270 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047414 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #33990 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 08:33:11 »

Solicitors generally communicate with each other via email and, if stuff needs to be send hard copy, many still use the DX.

Also, I think that many firms are discouraging clients from calling at their offices to collect/deliver documents.

I don't go in, I post them through the door as instructed by the solicitor.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33991 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 10:51:44 »

IIRC there are a few posties on here - interesting to see national media coverage of the postal issues.

We've had post 3 times in the last month, have had special delivery post not turn up and missed the response window on a speeding ticket.

It's obviously annoying for us, but interested in the other side of the coin. Can it really just be increased sickness that's brought the system to it's knees? How is it remedied?

Silver lining? Got a Xmas card today. That brightened my day.

Arriba is pretty close to the mark.

It’s been beyond Christmas level busy for the large majority of the time since March. Then we obviously had Christmas on top of that. Volume of mail in the system is at an all time high, as are levels of sick.

Now when Christmas arrives is usually a simple case of get temp/agency staff in. Now, in some cases the agency can’t fill the quota of staff needed. You have more work in the building taking up space plus social distancing measures so you don’t even have the room to add enough additional work areas to accommodate the extra work.

On top of that - a lot of the traffic is medium to large tracked items. These are a lot more labour intensive as they need to be scanned and sorted manually (as they are too big to go through the Parcel Sort Machine) And naturally take up more space.

Even if everything is processed. Delivery offices have stopped accepting mail as they have no room. Didcot & Wantage stopped taking mail over Christmas and Central Reading has stopped taking Large Letters.

Even once they get that far. You still need the space & staff to walk sort them for Delivery, which will be difficult. Next stage on and then the mail needs to fit in the posties van. Which won’t be huge capacity when you’re dealing with large tracked items.

I don’t work in Deliveries so I can’t say why you aren’t getting regular deliveries. I know at one point we were getting mail every other day but only letters once a week.

Now we appear to have a postie with a bigger hire van delivery parcels and another postie going round delivering letters.

Rightly or wrongly letters are way down on RMs priority, they make minimal profit and are relatively quick/easy to sort as a high percentage can go through the mech.

If the post you are expecting is mainly letters I can see why they aren’t getting delivered frequently.
If it’s everything then I can’t really offer anything not having anything to do with your local DO.

Special Deliveries should get through, that’s the whole point of them though. In the absolute worst case scenario they should only be a day late.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33992 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 16:01:32 »

I am not sure if its the fault of the Royal Mail, but I ordered some stuff from Spicy Joes last week, after the recommendation of learned colleagues on this forum, and it still hasn't bloody arrived!
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #33993 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 18:03:55 »

Matchwinning shorts
I know very little about Covid19 but you feeling tired and chest tightening feeling sounds more like a heart event situation that i have4 years ago
Please make sure you go to hospital as soon as practical
I had two stents installed and feel lots better now
Stay well and good luck
COYMRs

Ignore
« Reply #33994 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 18:35:08 »

I am not sure if its the fault of the Royal Mail, but I ordered some stuff from Spicy Joes last week, after the recommendation of learned colleagues on this forum, and it still hasn't bloody arrived!

Others have reported delays from there too. Our order took around 8/9 days. Think they've changed courier due to issues. If you ain't got it after the time I've stated then I'd advise you chase them up
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33995 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 18:40:37 »

Others have reported delays from there too. Our order took around 8/9 days. Think they've changed courier due to issues. If you ain't got it after the time I've stated then I'd advise you chase them up
Ah was it you who recommended I couldn't remember, it's been 7 days so far, chased today so will see what happens.

Sent from my AGS-W09
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33996 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 19:13:10 »

I wish that cunt Hancock would take off his "NHS" Badge. Cucking funt.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33997 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 19:51:13 »

Language 😁

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33998 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 13:07:14 »

In very tiny writing at the top it says "I'm ruining the"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33999 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:51:16 »

Even Hancock isn't listening to Borris😁
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9154677/Englands-streets-lie-deserted-amid-Covid-19-lockdown.html
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13763115/matt-hancock-joins-crowds-as-brits-hit-parks/
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:03:16 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #34000 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:06:36 »

No fan of Matt Hancock or anything he stands for.  But this is a non-story.  He walked through a park in London carrying a rugby ball.  So what?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #34001 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:11:10 »

No fan of Matt Hancock or anything he stands for.  But this is a non-story.  He walked through a park in London carrying a rugby ball.  So what?

Maybe write to the Daily Mail & The Sun editors and ask them as they obviously think it's front page news
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:15:52 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #34002 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:18:39 »

Seriously?! 😄

Sun/DM editors thinking something is front page news is rarely an indication that it is.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #34003 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:23:11 »

Seriously?! 😄

Sun/DM editors thinking something is front page news is rarely an indication that it is.

But their exclusive stories sell thousands of copies each day😁

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #34004 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:57:42 »

Ha! I know you state it as a joke but I could see that being a very true revelation. One that would get quickly swept up as "mere horseplay" or something  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 2264 2265 2266 [2267] 2268 2269 2270 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: