Pages: 1 ... 1661 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 1667 ... 2661   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5233944 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #24945 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 11:19:05 »

I don't listen to music on my phone.

It's the same old debate. Yes Apple are more expensive, but they seem to be better made? I used to be an iphone fan, when to android, but haven't been that impressed. It never appeals to me to modify stuff.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24946 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 11:21:48 »

at least he apologised
Obviously not enough, Sky Sports have sacked him.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #24947 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 11:24:55 »

Good
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #24948 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 17:07:56 »

The amount of rubbish being wrote about Lewis Hamilton for trying to win a world championship. I'm not his biggest fan but can anyone blame him for the way he drove Sunday?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24949 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 17:57:04 »

As I said before, considering the three best* modern day f1 drivers instigated crashes to win the wdc, what he did was mild. what else was he supposed to do, if Rosberg took pole he'd not have had the issue.

*prost, senna, schumi
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24950 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 18:15:02 »

Ha it's personal preference isn't it. I would rather just a normal socket rather than have to take an adaptor with me everytime to work or to the gym.

This.

Sure you get headphones with it.. A certain type that Apple wants you to get. It's not a stupid reason at all.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24951 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 19:04:28 »

To be fair to Apple, when they launched the Ipod, it didn't take CD's.  There approach has always been about producing the best user experience for their product, which at times means they do things completely at odds with the other approach of open source/ubiquitous use.  They seem to be doing ok.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24952 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 19:28:45 »

To be fair to Apple, when they launched the Ipod, it didn't take CD's.  There approach has always been about producing the best user experience for their product, which at times means they do things completely at odds with the other approach of open source/ubiquitous use.  They seem to be doing ok.

I can see its something that will probably be standard in future, but right now I can't justify it for my personal needs. It'd drive me mad not being able to use a decent set of headphones.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24953 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 20:27:01 »

Quote from: RobertT
There approach has always been about producing the best user experience for their product, .

That and stiffing their customers with overpriced hardware and premium costs for cables to use on their nonstandard interfaces.

I can't remember the last time they truly innovated.

But their ecosystem/integration/app store and marketing are truly excellent.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24954 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 21:54:29 »

I can see its something that will probably be standard in future, but right now I can't justify it for my personal needs. It'd drive me mad not being able to use a decent set of headphones.

That argument was used to explain why CD's and DVD's wouldn't take off, because everyone had VHS or BASF or TDK cassettes lying around, and the same for vinyl and so on.

Apples last big innovation was probably the Ipad I suppose, which also radically changed a market.

Right or wrong, they will argue the results speak for themselves, they have an approach which is based on making their products work intuitively.  It makes absolute sense to them to go wireless on headphones - it is not their job to worry about all your other products if you buy theirs.  It comes with lots of design benefits I believe (for them).

Remember the old business fables - "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses".  It's true here, nobody would have demanded this, just as back in the day nobody was asking for a small plastic thing that couldn't play your existing record collection.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #24955 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 22:25:37 »

The amount of rubbish being wrote about Lewis Hamilton for trying to win a world championship. I'm not his biggest fan but can anyone blame him for the way he drove Sunday?
Whilst most of that is correct he'd be wise to remember that Mercedes would have won the last 3 world championships with or without him but he wouldn't have won his last 2 titles without Mercedes. No one is bigger than the team especially in F1 where about 99% of performance is down to the car.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24956 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 22:42:40 »

That argument was used to explain why CD's and DVD's wouldn't take off, because everyone had VHS or BASF or TDK cassettes lying around, and the same for vinyl and so on.

Apples last big innovation was probably the Ipad I suppose, which also radically changed a market.

Right or wrong, they will argue the results speak for themselves, they have an approach which is based on making their products work intuitively.  It makes absolute sense to them to go wireless on headphones - it is not their job to worry about all your other products if you buy theirs.  It comes with lots of design benefits I believe (for them).

Remember the old business fables - "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses".  It's true here, nobody would have demanded this, just as back in the day nobody was asking for a small plastic thing that couldn't play your existing record collection.

You've explained (very well!) why Apple would make that decision, not why it's a stupid reason not to want a phone that's got it. Which was sort of my point. It doesn't suit my needs at the moment, which seems a damn good reason to me.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24957 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 00:01:57 »

Not wanting one is a very good reason not to buy one.  Mind you, if they prove a success then we can expect the cord variety to gradually fizzle out.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24958 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 00:15:07 »

Not wanting one is a very good reason not to buy one.  Mind you, if they prove a success then we can expect the cord variety to gradually fizzle out.

Oh it will. They have to become standard, the corded variety are so annoying. But it's far too early for me to adopt, especially considering the quality of apple headphones over the years has been terrible. I've spent a significant amount of money buying decent headphones, I want to be able to use them.

And anyway, I've never had any desire to be first. I wouldn't have got on a plane on its first journey. Or owned a Galaxy Note 7 without watching my friends catch fire a few times first.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24959 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 00:24:21 »

How come they can't produce a battery that lasts more than 20 minutes instead of fucking about with holes that things stick into or not?
Pages: 1 ... 1661 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 1667 ... 2661   Go Up
Print
Jump to: