Pages: 1 ... 1600 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 1606 ... 2661   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5237873 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24030 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 08:29:32 »

We are TWO DIFFERENT SEXES

Caster Semenya  Hmmm

Interesting article here about intersex athletes....

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jul/29/what-is-an-intersex-athlete-explaining-the-case-of-caster-semenya

Of course, Caster just reflects the fact that there are individuals who don't fit into your somewhat, old fashioned binary view of sexuality.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24031 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 08:36:23 »

Following the theme above there has been something of a spat on Twitter regarding Chris Boardman saying during the commentary when Kenny hugged Trott at the end 'he's probably just saying whats for tea' - now if anyone knows the context this was merely pointing out how ridiculously laid back Kenny is when under pressure (which he was), but it has been grasped by quite a few as some manner of sexist slur?
Flashheart

« Reply #24032 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 08:57:25 »

Waking up to find that, for no apparent reason, the back of my left knee is extremely sore.

Oh, the joys of being forty-something.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24033 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:02:19 »

Waking up to find that, for no apparent reason, the back of my left knee is extremely sore.

Oh, the joys of being forty-something.

Did you know there is no proper name for the back of the knee?  Smiley
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24034 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:03:26 »

Following the theme above there has been something of a spat on Twitter regarding Chris Boardman saying during the commentary when Kenny hugged Trott at the end 'he's probably just saying whats for tea' - now if anyone knows the context this was merely pointing out how ridiculously laid back Kenny is when under pressure (which he was), but it has been grasped by quite a few as some manner of sexist slur?

Theres been a twitter outcry calling Ellen DeGeneres (sp) a racist for posting a photoshop of her getting a piggy back from Usain Bolt with the caption "This is how i will run my errands from now on"

The worlds gone mad
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24035 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:03:52 »

Did you know there is no proper name for the back of the knee?  Smiley
yes there is, "back of the knee"
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24036 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:04:32 »

The popliteal fossa (sometimes referred to as the kneepit) is a shallow depression located at the back of the knee joint. The bones of the popliteal fossa are the femur and the tibia.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24037 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:05:02 »

Did you know there is no proper name for the back of the knee?  Smiley

I call mine Keith.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24038 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:07:27 »

It's called the "eenk"
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #24039 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:10:58 »

Anyone who has an issue with that needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

It's getting to the stage where anyone with any sort of public platform can't make a little joke
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24040 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:15:56 »

Anyone who has an issue with that needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

It's getting to the stage where anyone with any sort of public platform can't make a little joke

Most of this sort of idiocy only happens in the cyber world....meanwhile those people who live in the real world, are quite happily oblivious to these petty concerns.

If you are in the public eye and partake of such as Twitter, you surely have to accept it's inevitable banality probably at your expense....after all it's not compulsory.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #24041 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:17:28 »

Most of this sort of idiocy only happens in the cyber world....meanwhile those people who live in the real world, are quite happily oblivious to these petty concerns.

That is true
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #24042 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:41:03 »

Theres been a twitter outcry calling Ellen DeGeneres (sp) a racist for posting a photoshop of her getting a piggy back from Usain Bolt with the caption "This is how i will run my errands from now on"

The worlds gone mad
literally don't understand the uproar, she's on the back of the fastest man on the earth and has made no other statement - people need to have proper things to worry about ffs

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Panda Paws

« Reply #24043 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:43:26 »

The Age of the Offended shows no sign of abating.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #24044 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 09:53:45 »

Yep, the best of luck with that. When you find yourself past your sexual attractiveness and in your mid thirties on your own in a house full of cats as no real man would put up with your ranting feminist bullshit you will have a lot of time to reflect on your choices.

You will probably be fat and ugly with lots of piercings and tattoos as well by then.

All the best

Love and kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Could this be described as the end of the honeymoon period?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 1600 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 1606 ... 2661   Go Up
Print
Jump to: