Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38704 times)
One F In Fitton

« Reply #420 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 03:16:32 »

He wasn't letting on what was going on, wasn't "Crapulent" a character in a Shakespearean play.

Oh dunno mate - I only know Twelfth Night. In my ignorance I just thought he made up an amusing word.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 09:49:03 »

Why oh why are Leeds fans so obsessed with this big club/small club issue any way? The sooner they realise its about the 11 on the pitch and nothing else, the better for them it will be.
Talk Talk

« Reply #422 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 10:39:57 »

Oh dunno mate - I only know Twelfth Night. In my ignorance I just thought he made up an amusing word.

No, it's a real word that means a hangover. I remember finding it in the dictionary when I was about ten when you go through that phase of looking up naughty words. Completely descriptive though.

crapulent [ˈkræpjʊlənt], crapulous [ˈkræpjʊləs] adj

1. given to or resulting from intemperance
2. suffering from intemperance; drunken

[from Late Latin crāpulentus drunk, from Latin crāpula, from Greek kraipalē drunkenness, headache resulting therefrom]

crapulence  n
crapulently , crapulously adv
crapulousness  n

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 10:58:30 »

Why oh why are Leeds fans so obsessed with this big club/small club issue any way? The sooner they realise its about the 11 on the pitch and nothing else, the better for them it will be.
haha, comparing themselves to lazio. that made me chuckle.
Spencer_White

« Reply #424 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 11:05:14 »

First half was pretty enjoyable. They were absolute rubbish and could barely string two passes together. We were the only side who looked dangerous.

Second half they had to resort to any means possible to get themselves into the game, and it became quite scrappy. Obviously you always get the wind comming into it at Hartlepool. Only time they got near the goal was fat boy Humphries long throw ins. Looked pretty obvious that Turner had gone ape shit in the dressing room at HT. He could well be sacked in the next few weeks. Ive been to Hartlepool 4 times and that is easily the most depressed ive ever seen their fans. Barely mustered any support for the team at all, even the 'Turner out' chants were pretty muted. No enthusiasm whatsoever.

We were nowhere near our best, but it was still a victory that could have been more convincing. Word is Leeds were unlucky not to get a draw at Norwich and we will need to 100% on our game next week. Although it has to be said Leeds failed to score again. Our fans have taken a bit of deserved stick in the last few weeks, but the support was good yesterday throughout the match from a small number of fans. There were no grumbles when Austin got subbed (he did look tired), and Billy Paynter got a good reception when he came on.

Quick mention to a few of the players. Lucas, Lescinel, Douglas and Greer were rock solid. Sheehan was good first half but seemed to lose it for a while in the second. Ferry and Mcgovern, did well in a tough battleground. McGovern stuck his head into a ball he wouldnt have put his foot last season with a fantastic show of commitment to stop their man running in on the back 4. Ward not as good as usual but he was still working hard, pitch wasnt great but you cant make excuses.Darby had his best game in a Town shirt so far, some good challenges. Big contrast seeing Darby (one of the thinnest players in the league) up against Ritchie Humphries, one of the fattest. Austin continues to embaress players from higher up the football league. Not just with his workrate, but the accuracy of his passes, his control, his ball retention, his shooting and his running. Nouble seemed to realise he was being totally outclassed by Austin (in every department) in the first half and did step things up, but it didnt stop him getting rightfully substituted for Paynter. Billy came on all guns blazing and went in hard on every challenge. Like I said, I think he was pleased but the fans reception when he came on. Hopefully he will be ready for 90 minutes on saturday because Leeds wont fancy another dose of the AustinPaynter! Very encouraging that our worst player in a Town shirt was the one on loan from West Ham.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 11:37:36 »

Spot on with all that spencer, was similar in performance to the Brighton game, Im liking the fact we seem to be able to hold onto these leads away from home. We play very differently at the county ground, cant wait for next week should be a cracker, if we win at Leeds then im hoping we should get 10,000 plus for tranmere on the bank holiday.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 12:02:14 »

Plus can i reiterate something I posted a few pages back.....

I had a foot long Hot dog yesterday it cost £3 and was just fucking superb! It was called a Frankenfooter Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 12:14:23 »

I had a foot long Hot dog yesterday it cost £3 and was just fucking superb! It was called a Frankenfooter Smiley
Outstanding. Tasty, cheap and a clever name to boot. Worth the trip on its own I would say. In 2004 I went to a game between Canvey Island and Kingstonian and had the most fantastic burger ever for about £1.50. I still think about regularly to this day.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 12:17:43 »

On the subject of the game, it sounds extremely encouraging and the sort of perforamance we've been incapable of putting in over the last I-don't-know-how-many seasons. Reading some of the comments on Waccoe it does sound like they are actually quite optimistic after the Norwich performance in spite of the result so the lads will have to be at the absolute top of their game. I'm sure they will be though and we're well capable of getting at least a point.
Bloody Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 12:25:12 »

I must say I'm very surprised by this, in 2006 I bought a burger at Victoria Park. It was the worst thing I've ever tasted, I only managed 2 bites and chucked the rest. It also put me off buying food from any ground for a long while.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 12:30:37 »

The Diamond burger at Rushden was quality.  Not had a football burger to match that.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 14:13:19 »

Best burger I've ever had was at a Maidenhead game. Cheese, burger and bacon for £1.50. Deeeeelish

Things get better but they never get good
dell boy

« Reply #432 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 14:16:23 »

Best burger I've ever had was at a Maidenhead game. Cheese, burger and bacon for £1.50. Deeeeelish

They only sell about 10 per game. It was probably a very matured burger!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #433 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 14:39:20 »

I must say I'm very surprised by this, in 2006 I bought a burger at Victoria Park. It was the worst thing I've ever tasted, I only managed 2 bites and chucked the rest. It also put me off buying food from any ground for a long while.

Stuck up cunt.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 14:46:19 »

Stuck up cunt.

That's probably why it tasted bad.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: