Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38051 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #450 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 22:30:20 »

He'll be fine for Saturday. Afterall it's our cup final, he's bound to make himself fit for it..everyone dreams of playing at Elland Road Cool

I have to pinch myself when we play teams like Leeds because it's so rare that teams like us get to play teams of such great stature. Leeds are also my Premiership team and the conflict just kills me. They're just too big for this division and they really shouldn't have to play shitty teams like us every week. I truly hope they can soon get back up where they belong and i can go back to seeing their games from my sofa.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 22:47:59 »

I have to pinch myself when we play teams like Leeds because it's so rare that teams like us get to play teams of such great stature. Leeds are also my Premiership team and the conflict just kills me. They're just too big for this division and they really shouldn't have to play shitty teams like us every week. I truly hope they can soon get back up where they belong and i can go back to seeing their games from my sofa.

If Leeds were too big for League One, they wouldn't be in it, and they should be honoured to play teams of the stature of Swindon Town.
NW6Red

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 22:57:57 »

But they shouldn't be down here with the likes of us, they're the champions of Europe! They must be, they've got a song about it and a website about how they actually won the European Cup even though they didn't.

Deluded tossers.
santasdead

« Reply #453 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 22:58:38 »

If we don't take 6k+ then we should be ashamed. The size that Leeds, as a club are, merits the same, if not more, attendance than what we took to Fulham. I mean Fulham have never been in the Champions League (from off the top of my head) whilst Leeds have - therefore by the past exploits alone STFC should have more fans travel to watch and support us for what will be the biggest match that we will have this season (regardless of the fact it actually is a pretty big game for both teams Cheesy).
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 23:51:12 »

If we don't take 6k+ then we should be ashamed. The size that Leeds, as a club are, merits the same, if not more, attendance than what we took to Fulham. I mean Fulham have never been in the Champions League (from off the top of my head) whilst Leeds have - therefore by the past exploits alone STFC should have more fans travel to watch and support us for what will be the biggest match that we will have this season (regardless of the fact it actually is a pretty big game for both teams Cheesy).

Fulham is handy, Leeds means going to Yorkshire with greater time and expense.  It's also on Easter Saturday, people might have other things going on over the Easter weekend.  The biggest match of the season is Leeds, then Tranmere, then Colchester, then Exeter............... 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 00:17:38 »

Crozzer, I think you're taking tongue in cheek posts at face value. Don't want to put your nose out of joint, but I think you'll have to take it on the chin
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 02:30:26 »

Crozzer, I think you're taking tongue in cheek posts at face value. Don't want to put your nose out of joint, but I think you'll have to take it on the chin

Yes, taking the posts at face value. I have a dislike of the mighty Leeds United, I am afraid they might be back to their best on Saturday, apparently they shaded it against Norwich except for the late goal. 

I don't think Gary Sprake's allegations of Revie's side were unfounded, Jim Barron former Swindon goalkeeper alluded to some funny goings on at Leeds.  When Aston Villa were in the old third division their fans just got on with it and enjoyed the ride.  Leeds will get into the Championship sooner or later but their fans appear to think they are entitled to gain promotion.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 29, 2010, 02:32:01 by Crozzer » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 06:22:03 »

Crozzer does tend to cut off his nose to spite his face.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 07:07:39 »

Crozzer does tend to cut off his nose to spite his face.
He needs to turn the other cheek or he'll start to raise eyebrows
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #459 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 07:15:55 »

Paul, stop sticking your nose where it's not wanted or you are likely to get a slap in the chops.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 07:38:06 »

Just remembered something funny, and again it may have been mentioned. A lad at the front started "Give us an S" went through it but forgot the O, so when the what have we got was asked, bar a lot of bemused looks and laughing, KOT did "Dyslexia" clap clap clap.
laufav

« Reply #461 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 07:53:18 »

The BBC have only given us about 50 seconds of highlights this week, and the only one of our chances that they showed was the goal, mixed in amongst about 4 Hartlepool attacks.

No wonder other teams think we're shit!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 08:06:32 »

We didn't really have any other chances worth showing though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 09:34:34 »

The BBC have only given us about 50 seconds of highlights this week, and the only one of our chances that they showed was the goal, mixed in amongst about 4 Hartlepool attacks.

No wonder other teams think we're shit!
Good, let's hope they carry on thinking that. Maybe DW's slipped the BBC highlights editor a few quid so we can carry on going under the radar Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #464 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 12:48:39 »

I see the Football League Paper rated Gordan Greer an 8 out of 10 performance. Douglas, who was 7 out of 10 got the star man accolade. Figure that one out.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: