Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 36789 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 18:57:16 »

This may sound silly but he has a knack of striking the ball early...he dosnt Dally..Defoe is a master at suprising defenders and keepers by striking almost instantly....Shearer was the best example.
Charlies first goal at Carlisle is an example..and the goal v Yeovil was in before the defenders and keeper could react.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 18:59:47 »

I generally agree with what Jonny said but I dont think you can question Austins movement - I think its top notch.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 19:15:09 »

I generally agree with what Jonny said but I dont think you can question Austins movement - I think its top notch.

His movement in and around the box is excellent, hence why he's always in the right place to score.

From further out it looks dodgy to me, hence why he isn't being played through very often with long balls.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 19:23:39 »

hence why he isn't being played through very often with long balls.

He didn't to badly scoring against Uddersfield from a JFL long through ball...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
stfcinbmth

« Reply #154 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 20:53:15 »

Can't believe this all started from me watching Swindon v Sampdoria at the CG. Anyhow hands up anyone who wants to flog Charlie for 250k?

Not many takers I would think, he is different class. He's proved what he can do by making the step up, some of you thought too big of a step up, he has proved you totally wrong.
Hopefully Fitton and Wilson will now offer him some decent cash and tie him down to a long term deal. Oh and I do do hope that is the case as being a long distance supporter it has reignited my interest in the cause
Spencer_White

« Reply #155 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 21:01:35 »

One massive bonus of the way Charlie Austin has come into the team is that is has shown our players they are not a million miles apart from the best non league players playing for free.

I honestly dont think Macca could hack it. Bet he thought Swindon were so small time signing a striker from non league. Desperate to get back to the comfort zone of a big club/big squad like Norwich where he can hide away in the reserves and collect his money.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #156 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 21:22:03 »

One massive bonus of the way Charlie Austin has come into the team is that is has shown our players they are not a million miles apart from the best non league players playing for free.

I honestly dont think Macca could hack it. Bet he thought Swindon were so small time signing a striker from non league. Desperate to get back to the comfort zone of a big club/big squad like Norwich where he can hide away in the reserves and collect his money.

Charlie was not playing for free as he was on a two year contract at Poole, but yep I know what you mean a lot of it was because he enjoys it and he was having fun. Certain players would do well to remember that. Most of us would love to be in that position
dell boy

« Reply #157 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 10:17:32 »

What's weird is someone thinking they might get some sense on the TEF.

Blimey Reg, you made me laugh!!
Spencer_White

« Reply #158 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 14:24:55 »

Macca's on £4,000 a week. Thats probably twice the amount of the regional director in my company who is responsible for 250 people.

He was a pro at Poole. But the numbers dont compare.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 14:51:28 »

Charlie was not playing for free as he was on a two year contract at Poole, but yep I know what you mean a lot of it was because he enjoys it and he was having fun. Certain players would do well to remember that. Most of us would love to be in that position

But what was he earning at Poole Town, a couple of hundred a week tops I'd have thought. He wasn't playing just for fun, he was playing in the hope of being spotted by a League club to get his career going again.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #160 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 18:03:39 »

But what was he earning at Poole Town, a couple of hundred a week tops I'd have thought. He wasn't playing just for fun, he was playing in the hope of being spotted by a League club to get his career going again.

Don't people play for fun anymore, how disappointing
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #161 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 19:42:05 »

I do.
Spencer_White

« Reply #162 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 20:23:08 »

Don't people play for fun anymore, how disappointing

Tell you what, for the calender year 2008 we looked like we had a football team who hated their jobs and hated playing football.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 20:26:06 »

Thats because the photo was done...IN THE MALPASS YEARS.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #164 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:05:02 »

@leefer, no Brock or Poole games today, all off
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: