Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 36609 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« on: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 22:39:00 »

Going to be better than Cox?

The only thing i can see stopping this lad from playing at a much higher level is his lack of pace apart from that i seriously think in most other departments he has the potential to be better than cox.

Thoughts?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 22:59:17 »

Not in the same class as Cox. But a bloody good find none the less. Bournemouth's loss is our gain.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 23:01:44 »

I think you're getting a bit overexcited.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 23:14:53 »

he's better than pele
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 00:38:24 »

The only thing i can see stopping this lad from playing at a much higher level is his lack of pace apart from that i seriously think in most other departments he has the potential to be better than cox.

Thoughts?

Initial thoughts would be behave yourself.

Long way to go yet... strikes me of more of a Parkin than a Cox, right place right time, he's got 4 tap ins really. I'm not trying to do him down, just saying...
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 00:55:44 »

Thoughts?

edit - no idea what i was dribbling about
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 09:58:33 by bennett » Logged

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 06:54:29 »

Austin is a better finisher. Cox was more than capable of the brilliant. Cox has scored goals Austin couldn't.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 10:29:15 »

I think Austin will at least be as good as Cox was/is
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 10:59:44 »

Thats what i'm saying Si. No way am i saying he is anywhere near that level yet but i will say this he has a better first touch is better in the air and his workrate is just as good.

Obviously Cox has obviously added to his game since leaving and is no doubt the better player i just think potential wise Austin has it to be just as good for us as Cox was.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 11:07:36 »

I just hope he stays here on a longer contract. Don't want teams to try and poach him in the summer. I know a lot has been said by fitton about us needing to sell players to the income coming in and pay the bills etc but I honestly think that we should try and keep this guy if we have any serious aspirations of getting into The Championship. We're building a good team and Austin is becoming a key figure in that.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 11:09:27 by Iffy's Onion Bhaji » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 11:09:24 »

Not a criticism, but Austin appears very right footed. When making passes which would be easier to use his left peg he uses his right

Things get better but they never get good
dell boy

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 11:09:51 »

Austin has a long way to go before he equals Coxs goalscoring record.

Even though Cox scored 32 last season and is currently top scorer with WBA after limited earlier performances this season he is not a natural goalscorer imo, Cox misses as many as he scores but makes his chances with his pace and movement.

Austin is completely the opposite he isn't slow but will never score that many taking on opponents, Austin just has the knack to stand in the right place at the right time, a natural goalscorer who will score goals in any level.

You just cant compare the two players they are so different.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 11:12:01 »

Yep I was thinking the same thing yesterday DRS, particularly the points about in the air/first touch.

I think we have a real gem here, as STFC Dave said to me yesterday, I was expecting him to not be so skillful and just be one of those players with a knack for being in the right place. Gladly, I think he's got all of the attributes.

The other similarity between him and Cox is that they are both desperate to do the best that they can. I hope it continues in Austin's case and he doesn't become a big time Charlie. I'm not even sure this lad knows how good he can be yet.

As we're on the subject of Strikers, anyone noticed how much more direct Paynter appears to be recently? He's running at players and causing them problems. We have two confident strikers who are partnering each other well. After the striking crisis I'm ecstatic.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 11:14:31 »

Worth remembering that Cox had already started 20 games when he came here. I don't recall him being as good over his first 6 games for us as Austin has been.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 11:19:12 »

Worth remembering that Cox had already started 20 games when he came here. I don't recall him being as good over his first 6 games for us as Austin has been.

Who was it who said something along the lines of "if you're going to talk the talk you have to walk the walk"

Egg -> Face

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: