Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON TOWN VS BRISTOL ROVERS OFFICIAL MATCH DAY THREAD  (Read 31838 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #240 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:40:12 »

MacNamee would've done fuck all to improve our fortunes yesterday. That wasn't the area that underperformed. I singled out LJF, but in fairness our back four (With the possible exception of Big Kev) all had worse than usual days.

Oh I didn't wuite mean it like that, but we haven't many options at the moment. I suppose it's a case of waiting and seeing what happens in January.

Despite McNamee being a 'luxury player', I agree with Bennett's assessment of O'Brien.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:42:39 »

Oh I didn't wuite mean it like that, but we haven't many options at the moment. I suppose it's a case of waiting and seeing what happens in January.

Despite McNamee being a 'luxury player', I agree with Bennett's assessment of O'Brien.

Be interesting to see what the left side would be like with Sheehan at the back and Macklin in front of him.

It's All Good..............
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:58:11 »

if we are there or there abouts come the transfer window, i can see fitton being tempted to dip into his pockets

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:59:38 »

I hope he's back to how he was before he got injured very soon.

I think he looked like a player trying too hard to impress before he got injured.

However I am nearly positive with a run in the side and a bit of learning he will be an excellent player, just needs first team football.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:59:39 »

On that basis Reg leeds season does not look to good does it.Think they have only played 2 top 10 teams this year drawing against one.

I don't give a shit about Leeds, but do about STFC....however you dress it up losing 3-0 at Rovers isn't great.   Fair play for being in the Clap fraternity, but I'll stick with being pissed off with losing 3-0 to the Gasheads.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #245 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 16:04:30 »

You are defying your own logic now Reg.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 16:09:37 »

I think he looked like a player trying too hard to impress before he got injured.

However I am nearly positive with a run in the side and a bit of learning he will be an excellent player, just needs first team football.

Did you ever see him play away from home Batch?

He does seem to play better away from home. I dont know if thats linked to a poor debut at home to Leyton Orient or not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 16:21:56 »

Did you ever see him play away from home Batch?

I don't think I have.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 16:30:13 »

if we are there or there abouts come the transfer window, i can see fitton being tempted to dip into his pockets

I'm not so sure. I think he may wait till the summer. I think we'll be top 10 this season so that's deffo progress on the last and then we can try and keep the core of this team together and spend a little in the summer to get those 2 or 3 players that we need to make up a good team for this level.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 16:32:42 »

I don't give a shit about Leeds, but do about STFC....however you dress it up losing 3-0 at Rovers isn't great.
No-one's argued any different. I'm well fucked off we lost yesterday for the reasons I posted yesterday in this thread, but it doesn't mean the season's a write-off. And I think most people feel the same
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 16:35:08 »

I don't give a shit about Leeds, but do about STFC....however you dress it up losing 3-0 at Rovers isn't great.   Fair play for being in the Clap fraternity, but I'll stick with being pissed off with losing 3-0 to the Gasheads.
I have not even made a comment on yesterdays result as most normal people would obviously realise i am pissed off as much as the next person.What i have commented on is peoples opinions that we have been lucky and people who think that because we lose away to rovers that we can't possibly be challenging for the play offs.

I suggest instead of looking up stupid fucking smileys you try and find where i tried covering up yesterdays result.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 16:36:58 »

Last time we lost to rovers we got promoted

Its a sign

Things get better but they never get good
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #252 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 16:38:11 »

I'm not so sure. I think he may wait till the summer. I think we'll be top 10 this season so that's deffo progress on the last and then we can try and keep the core of this team together and spend a little in the summer to get those 2 or 3 players that we need to make up a good team for this level.
I dunno i got a feeling he will.By january wilson would of no doubt told fitton who he is likely to be releasing in the summer so maybe fitton will spend some money knowing we have a batch of high earners fucking off in the summer
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #253 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 16:52:35 »

I'm more than happy with the season so far. Rome wasn't built in a day and nor will STFC. The left hand side is our weakest link but I feel sorry for JFL - in equal measure great and crap. Macca was pretty crap all season in front of him and the last thing you want from a developing player is to do the work of two. I'd happilly see Sheehan at LB over JFL but JFL is not the anti Christ.
There are some great building blocks in place for next season, which is a more realistic play off/ promotion proposition.
I'm happy with my lot and I'm really enjoying watching STFC again as are the people I go with. My glass is half full whereas at the start of last season it was absolutely empty.   
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 16:54:10 »

Draw a line under this one.

Sheehan wasn't signed on loan just for the sake of it, it will be a surprise if Sheehan doesn't start at left back on Saturday, with JFL on the bench.  Expect Sheehan to be a permanent signing in January.

Why take Austin off?  No early goal, let's see what Ward can do and give Charlie a breather.  Wilson was thinking about the next game from about 4.15 p.m. yesterday afternoon.

It is annoying losing to Rovers, but there's always the return game to look forward to.  If we had drawn the last two we would have had one less point and less moaning.  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: