Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON TOWN VS BRISTOL ROVERS OFFICIAL MATCH DAY THREAD  (Read 30912 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #195 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 05:36:07 »

Wasn't it Arriba who actually complained once after we WON a match.

Regardless, we should all expect Brazil-esque performances week in and week out, including away days to teams who are pushing for the play-offs themselves.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 08:29:23 »

Agreed. Losing 3-0 after our run would be annoying if it were anywhere else. But 3-0 at Rovers makes it much fucking worse.

Most of the season the defence have been pretty solid. But there have been occasions where they are collectively woeful. Just odd days thankfully.

I said I'd be very happy if we were in touch of the playoffs come Christmas. Win next week and I'll be very happy! Charlton on Boxing Day will be tough. So I think a win Saturday is a must.

Still think we are a little short of firepower to maintain a proper playoff challenge. But its thus far a damned site better than last year. Progress.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 09:17:38 »

we're both.i dont go to every game but still go.we've been fortunate in a fair few matches this season.
whats clear to you aint fact,so your judgement is clouded.i just see it differently to you.

i'll bet you £20 to the charity of your choice, we wont make the play offs.
and iob who disagrees with me every match thread.i'll gladly pay if we do.

I won't take the bet because not once have I said we will make the play offs as I don't think we will.

However, we have not been lucky and average at all. You're talking shite. Simple as that.

I think we will finish top 10 and I'll bet on that no problem.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #198 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 10:19:20 »

Anyone thought of all these lucky games we have won yet
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 10:39:13 »

Anyone thought of all these lucky games we have won yet

Nope. Still thinking.....
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #200 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 10:46:04 »

We were lucky to beat Crewe (not a league match, does that count?)
Spencer_White

« Reply #201 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 10:58:41 »

We were lucky at Wrexham, but thats about it.

I was in the corporate seats in amongst the Rovers fans today and it sounds stupid, but we were by far the better footballing side at the start of the game, had most of the posession, passed it nicely. Greer played a beautiful 40 yars crossfield ball to Sheehan, which drew gasps from them. But we failed to defend 2 crosses from the right and thats it, game over. We couldnt cope with their right hand side all game, and that is definately something for Shirtliff and the lads to work on.

They did have more desire than us, and obviously deserved to win the game. But I think these things happen when you try and play football, like we are. A Sturrock side would have got embroiled in a war yesterday and probably lost 1-0. Its a bad defeat, but you dont get any more points for losing close games. Their tactics were spot on, probably helped by the fact they sent 3 scouts to watch us last week, and went home with pages and pages of notes.

Its a set back, especially for Lescinel. It seemed like Wilson was really getting every player to play for their shirt and its dissapointing that Lecs switched off today because he has been improving a lot. With Charlie Austin slotting into the side it looked as if we were completing the jigsaw, but weve got question marks over that left back slot as well now.

I was in the home end yesterday and I put a stupid amount of money on a Swindon win, so Ive got more reason to be done in than most. But I rekon dont panic, we are improving and we will bounce back, weve got strong characters in that dressing room now. Its still going to be an exciting season, weve still got a team to be proud of. YOU REDS!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #202 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 11:01:33 »

Whoops, I meant Wrexham, not Crewe.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #203 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 11:31:27 »

I did think Woking we were aswell but i honestly can't think of a league game where we have been lucky this season
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #204 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 11:39:31 »

^

I am sure that Arriba will be along to enlighten us.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 11:39:39 »

I did think Woking we were aswell but i honestly can't think of a league game where we have been lucky this season

Yeovil-a little bit

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Spencer_White

« Reply #206 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 11:45:11 »

We thrashed Woking really if you watch the highlights, had about 20 shots on goal. Just wasteful.

Weve got a good team. I think Lescinel gets one last chance, if he has another game like that there are question marks whether he is really a first choice starter. We need striker reinforcements, but Swindon are getting there.

Im the positive and excited about Swindon I have been for 2 years.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #207 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 11:51:12 »

Same here mate i agree with all of that just meant the manner of the win.I don't know exactly how many but that must be about 6 games we have had to take a left back off at half time.
Spencer_White

« Reply #208 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 11:58:42 »

The way he set up Austins first goal at the County Ground was absolutely fantastic. Hes fast, good jump, and not a bad footballer. He has been improving.

But he switches off and he can be a liability. What dya do?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 12:02:33 »

He is random. Never steady either good or poor.

Only lucky thing about the woking game was Austin being cup tied otherwise we would have had about 6
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: