Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON TOWN VS BRISTOL ROVERS OFFICIAL MATCH DAY THREAD  (Read 30905 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 12:08:17 »

having not read any of this thread but having seen the highlights did anyone else notice the third shouldn't have been allowed?

If you watch the highlights the ref trys to stop the cross with his foot and also puts the whistle to his mouth to stop play but before he knows it goal.

just my 2 pence worth like.

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 12:27:36 »

When Sheenan played LB yesterday he looked more solid, it is clear o'brien is shocking, that chance he missed was dreadful. It was a bad performece but hopefully just a blip, we cant play well every game. A home game next week which should win to get ourselfes back on track.

I dont think we can get promoted this year or reach the play-offs (bar some inspired signings in Jan) but a good mid table finish this year is a good stepping stone for next year when the league could also be a bit weaker with Leeds, Charlton etc going up.
Spencer_White

« Reply #212 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 12:45:53 »

Hmmm, looks like Wilson will have to play Sheehan left back, with O'Brien left wing next week and I fear the worse for O'Brien. Its a massive game for him, and he needs a good opening 15 minutes. Hopefully the crowd will go easy on him.

We can still make the play offs.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #213 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 12:50:18 »

I wouldn't mind seeing Sheehan left back and Lescinel left midfield.

We need a proper left sided midfielder.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #214 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 12:50:28 »

He may go with Maklin instead
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 13:20:03 »

it is clear o'brien is shocking,

But he's not long recovered from injury - it'll take a month or two to get up to speed. He may still be shocking but lets give him that chance first.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 13:26:38 »

Having watched the goals again, blaming JFL for them is going way over the top.

For the first, their man got behind him and the ball was played over the top. Why hadn't the rest of the defence pushed up for offside and why was Greer five yards in front of JFL when the ball was played through?

For the second, he was out of position and could have done more to block the cross. But when the cross went over Cuthbert and Greer should have been covering the man and taking care of the cross and they didn't. Bizarelly, Greer actually stopped on the six yard box for some reason.

For the third, Greer should have taken care of the free kick and cleared it and he didn't.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #217 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 13:31:12 »

What a complete drongo! Can you trust anything this person says?

We were lucky to beat Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafend and 'Uddersfield. We were also lucky to beat Hold 'em, but then we let them draw so they were even luckier.
Seriously mate fuck off.What the fuck are you on about
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 13:57:31 »

But he's not long recovered from injury - it'll take a month or two to get up to speed. He may still be shocking but lets give him that chance first.

i'd say if you're a professional footballer you should probably be able to control a football.

the fact he can't seem to do this, pass, tackle, cross or track back make him a pretty useless individual.

his positives- he can run fast.

yay

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 13:58:50 »

What a complete drongo! Can you trust anything this person says?

We were lucky to beat Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafend and 'Uddersfield. We were also lucky to beat Hold 'em, but then we let them draw so they were even luckier.

what kind of a word is drongo? is it 11 year old speak or something?

Im lost.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 14:08:18 »

how about you stop feeding the troll and lets all hope it fucks off.

O'Brien has yet to impress me, its still very early days. I'd like to see him have a run in the team first.

Macklin is a good player and his injury came as possibly the worst possible time. I hope he's back to how he was before he got injured very soon.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 14:10:55 »

O'Brien has yet to impress me, its still very early days. I'd like to see him have a run in the team first.
Inclined to agree. Will give him the benefit of the doubt and suspend judgement until we've seen more but from what we've seen so far I fear that "have a run" is about all we're likely to see.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 14:46:39 »

I won't take the bet because not once have I said we will make the play offs as I don't think we will.

However, we have not been lucky and average at all. You're talking shite. Simple as that.

I think we will finish top 10 and I'll bet on that no problem.

Studying the table recently, I noticed of the top ten teams, we'd only played Norwich away, further the not playing Leeds or Charlton, maybe these factors were distorting our position.

That is why games like these, ie top ten sides away, Leeds and Charlton, are going to shape our season.

Yesterdays result doesn't bode well.

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 14:48:45 »

thank fuck we lost, it means reg can post rambling statistics and wallow in self pity again

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 14:50:06 »

You haven't been very vocal about our average play and fortunate wins before now have you? Or at least I don't remember it, I haven't gone through your posts to check (better things to do), but I'm pretty sure it's something you'd have bought up pretty consistantly. You generally seem to revel in being a bit negative.

no. i tell it how i see it.always have and always will.i think others ignore the negative stuff if we win.then it's all shit when we lose.the signs are there when we win and i mention it.then get labled as moaning and negative.
i dont revel in it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: