Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trialist Charlie Austin  (Read 71380 times)
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 19:25:39 »

hopefully once he is fit enough for this level of football he will  have enough ability to get a bit of game time straight away, he clearly know where the goal is and we are capable of creating alot of chances we just need a natural finisher and i hope he proves to be it.

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 21:15:56 »

Don't think he can play until Janaury PR.
loungebar

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 00:09:54 »

If Charlie keeps his feet on the ground you have a gem!  Raw talent at its best - good with either foot and good in the air, tough but needs nurturing.  DW will be proved right!
nochee

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 00:35:27 »

If Charlie keeps his feet on the ground you have a gem!  Raw talent at its best - good with either foot and good in the air, tough but needs nurturing.  DW will be proved right!

Positive thinking an all that.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 09:02:26 »

Don't think he can play until Janaury PR.

Maybe we have struck a deal that sees us loan him until january before signing him permanently?
Can he play reserve football until january or none what so ever?

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
flammableBen

« Reply #200 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 11:44:06 »

He's not even allowed to train.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 19:58:28 »

He's not even allowed to train.

So why was he allowed to play in a friendly whilst still under contract at Poole?

Is there any reason why we can't sign him on loan and then permanent in January?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 19:59:49 »

We won't bring him in now unless he's available.
cired45

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 20:42:26 »

DW said on Radio Swindon that the deal was all but done and he could be competeing for a place in the next few weeks.  Must mean a loan deal until Jan.  Cant see him being the answer to our problems yet as he is still a bit raw, but as has been said earlier he certainly could`n`t do any worse than the two playing up front today
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 22:03:48 »

I didn;t think paynter was crap today, just that revell was getting in the positions Paynter would usually find. Paynter was too deep. Revell is bad. Very bad.
Barry Scott

« Reply #205 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 22:49:39 »

I can't venture into the match day thread, as there's likely to be too many bad vibes in there for me. Smiley

But to take this thread off topic, if we were to decide to send Revell back in Jan, which presumably we can, how much will Southend's Chairman hate us? I find the thought of that quite funny very, very funny. Although i'd feel bad for Revell of course.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 10:01:10 »

Can i just say that we have to be clear about the standard of football Charlie has been playing in...its not good...my Uncle who is treasurer  of Brokenhurst..who play in Pooles lge told me they were lucky to beat Wooten Bassett!....and promply got beat 5-1 to Bishops Cleeve next round...i watch it abit when i get a chance and its fun...but it aint good,i for one wont worry if Charlie boy dosnt come here...the cynics might even say its Fitton keeping the fans happy that ware trying to get him..we shall see.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 10:16:33 »

I'm not too fussed if he's on loan till Jan tbh. Think that although he's going to need some working on we do need another option. Austin is going to be the type that knows where the net is. Let's face it we need one of them. Just hope he can make the step up.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 12:46:26 »

I can't venture into the match day thread, as there's likely to be too many bad vibes in there for me. Smiley

But to take this thread off topic, if we were to decide to send Revell back in Jan, which presumably we can, how much will Southend's Chairman hate us? I find the thought of that quite funny very, very funny. Although i'd feel bad for Revell of course.

I doubt it.

These things are usually already agreed. Can anyone think of a 'loan with a view to move' where the play didnt actually move?
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 12:59:48 »

I doubt it.

These things are usually already agreed. Can anyone think of a 'loan with a view to move' where the play didnt actually move?

I think you're right DV going by the parting shot from southends chief exec towards revell earlier in the month,it could well be all done and dusted,either way i dont think there is way back for revell at southend.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: