Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: West Ham v Millwall  (Read 14758 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:48:04 »

Missed most of this, but did catch a bit of the media outrage (whilst dedicating several hours/pages of coverage to it). How does this one rank with Spurs in Seville, and Man United in Rome?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:01:17 »

A lot of people have mentioned the naivety of people who took their kids to the game, but the whole point is that they shouldn't have to stay away from the game for fear of trouble. A caller on 5live made a very valid point last night when he asked whether he shouldn't cross the road with his son "just in case" they get hit by a car.

The majority of people shouldn't be made to avoid something because of a minority few. If those dickheads wanted to beat seven shades of shit out of each other they should've done it somewhere far away from the ground rather than impart their neanderthal ways on those who just wanted to go and enjoy watching a game of football.

Him and his son shouldn't cross the M4.

officially blacker than the night.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:07:17 »

Sorry Sam i don't agree totally with that.Everybody knew that would kick off last night and whether it should not have happened or not to take your kids to that game is fucking stupid.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:10:23 »

Sorry Sam i don't agree totally with that.Everybody knew that would kick off last night and whether it should not have happened or not to take your kids to that game is fucking stupid.
Spot on. Too many people these days seem to abandon all common sense in the face of "someone should have done something". Wouldn't dream of taking my lads to a game like that
Rich Pullen

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:16:44 »

My dad never used to take me to games where such events were likely. Not that he'd have been fighting or anything,

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:23:43 »

i took my lad to poxford,city,etc when he was 4.bad dad me
Rich Pullen

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:26:53 »

I don't think so... My dad is a bit of a wussy.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:28:23 »

Not necessarily, but would you have been ringing 5Live in shocked outrage if it had all kicked off around you and left your son a bit upset? Because there was 3 or 4 twonks who did that last night and seemed amazed that West Ham v Millwall had turned out a bit lively. Like I said, some of these need to take some responsibility.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:34:57 »

Bet you didn't do this though:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8222700.stm
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:36:15 »

Not necessarily, but would you have been ringing 5Live in shocked outrage if it had all kicked off around you and left your son a bit upset? Because there was 3 or 4 twonks who did that last night and seemed amazed that West Ham v Millwall had turned out a bit lively. Like I said, some of these need to take some responsibility.

Yes, and those that listened could have also caught the WHU steward ringing in saying that they were gloriously understaffed and brought in Stewarding from Millwall who stood by.

Not casting judgment at all, more playing Devils Advocate really

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:42:47 »

haha.good lad
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:42:53 »

Yes, and those that listened could have also caught the WHU steward ringing in saying that they were gloriously understaffed and brought in Stewarding from Millwall who stood by.

Not casting judgment at all, more playing Devils Advocate really
Sure, it sounds like either West Ham or the coppers or both badly misjudged the potential for trouble, but I still don't think it takes some kind of super-parenting sense to work out that that's not a great game to be taking young kids to.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:50:30 »

Someone on facebook has just pointed out that the release of The Firm in a few weeks may be bad timing. I had no idea they'd made a film based on the original.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 21:52:56 »

Someone on facebook has just pointed out that the release of The Firm in a few weeks may be bad timing. I had no idea they'd made a film based on the original.

It amused me last night when you had Sky Sports News treating it in the serious "think of the children" way that they were and then going to the adverts which promoted The Firm.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 22:08:33 »

Haha brilliant!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: