Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: West Ham v Millwall  (Read 14649 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 06:58:50 »

fuck i wish tyson played for us. thats fucking ace.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 07:59:37 »

I think so too but if the footage ain't too clear and for example the person is wearing a cap then what they look for is the same clothes as they were wearing. If they don't find those then it can be harder to bring charges.

At least that's what I heard happened in relation to a Swindon game in recent years. Think it was a Rovers game.

I assume your talking about the notorious Inn on the Green incident in April 2007.  Subsequent to that game, there were arrests and successful prosecutions.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 08:08:54 »

Did anyone see the rochdale bury game? Rochdale blokey scored and tried to antogonise the bury fans. A few bury fans got onto the pitch and he shit himself!

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #93 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 08:19:12 »

Tyson is adequate distance from the crowd, it's not a massive difference from putting your hand over your ear or doing the "shhh" when you score in front of opposition fans.

The guy is also moving at a reasonable pace so he'd have been past the Derby fans if Bywater and company wouldn't stopped him.

The Bury incident was hilarious but 1) the Rochdale player clearly got worried and 2) some of the Bury fans were clearly in two minds on what to do.
Spencer_White

« Reply #94 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 08:34:33 »

I assume your talking about the notorious Inn on the Green incident in April 2007.  Subsequent to that game, there were arrests and successful prosecutions.

Because they were so thick they boasted about it on facebook!
Spencer_White

« Reply #95 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 08:46:35 »

Football is a game of passion,so why couldn't Tyson celebrate on the pitch with his manager and
other Forest players?

Could you imagine the reaction at the CG if Scott Murray or Beauchamp had done the same thing
infront of the Town End or Don Rogers Stand? It would have caused a riot and we would all of
reacted to it.

Although this video isn't the best it clearly shows Tyson running accross from the middle of the
pitch to get the flag from one of the groundstaff.No problem with him celebrating with the Forest
fans,but why oh why does he have to do what he then does, after the week we've just had.
It's about time players learnt to act responsibly.

Tyson did it at the City Ground, not pride park! At home, that was my point.

Remember, Forest have fans on the upper tier of that stand to the right hand side there! He cant celebrate with them? Good on him.

If Beauchump or Murray had done it at the Manor, or Ashton Gate then I would probably have been half way out of the exit gate anyway. If they had done it at the County Ground, then yes that is out of order. You go away, you are on their patch. If you cant hack seeing an opposition player waving a scarf or a flag at their home ground THEN DONT GO AWAY!

It's the Derby players who should act responsibly.

Players are still paid for by the fans, and the fans dont get a lot of recognition from the players nowadays. Because of the TV money comming in from abroad there seems to be a prevailing culture among some top flight players that the fans in the ground dont matter at all.

As for 'the week weve had'. Millwall West Ham has nothing to do with it. Football moves on.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 09:36:13 »

Tyson did it at the City Ground, not pride park! At home, that was my point.

Remember, Forest have fans on the upper tier of that stand to the right hand side there! He cant celebrate with them? Good on him.

If Beauchump or Murray had done it at the Manor, or Ashton Gate then I would probably have been half way out of the exit gate anyway. If they had done it at the County Ground, then yes that is out of order. You go away, you are on their patch. If you cant hack seeing an opposition player waving a scarf or a flag at their home ground THEN DONT GO AWAY!

It's the Derby players who should act responsibly.

Players are still paid for by the fans, and the fans dont get a lot of recognition from the players nowadays. Because of the TV money comming in from abroad there seems to be a prevailing culture among some top flight players that the fans in the ground dont matter at all.

As for 'the week weve had'. Millwall West Ham has nothing to do with it. Football moves on.

The whole point is that you celebrate with your fans,no need to goad or antagonise opposition fans.
It's provocative,especially when it's a local game.Just because Forest were on "their patch" doesn't
give them any greater rights  whatsoever.Billy Davies didn't go anywhere near the Derby fans.

I have no problems whatsoever if Beckford or Lambert hold a scarf or flag infront of their fans,but
if they decide to come over to us when we visit Elland Rd or St Mary's i would see that as provocative.
As would many other Town fans.

I agree fully that the Derby players should act responsibly,especially their Goalkeeping coach
Martin Taylor who from photos i've seen,went charging in,when Gunter (Forest full back) was
trying to calm things down.

Finally,"the week we've had" refers to the publicity surrounding this game and the West Ham v
Millwall cup tie.It's the culmulative effect that it's had;possible return to the bad old days.

There's a way to win and a way to lose; hold you head up high and be proud of your team.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Spencer_White

« Reply #97 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 10:14:19 »

Well I think it does. Cast your mind back to the Spurs V Tottenham game a couple of years back, that lad ran on the pitch. Chelsea really were over doing the celebrations and taking the piss at White Hart Lane. That was wrong. You should respect your hosts. Its easy to control a few hundred away fans. But you cant really control 4 sides of the pitch. Chelsea were lucky that only a handful of Spurs fans went on the pitch and not 50 or 100.

I get a bit sick of all the scaremongering that occurs every time there is disorder at a game. Yes, this West Ham Millwall game was particularly bad. But football will never go back to the early to mid 1980's where things seriously got out of hand. Its just an impossibility. I also get sick of all the talk about 'will it affect the world cup bid!!!???'. Who cares? We lost the last one because the people doing our bid projected our football as perfection and had an overbearing arrogance about how brilliant we were.

Same with this Tyson thing. No, his behaviour wasnt perfect. But why should football have to be perfect? Derby players basically started on Tyson. That's not on.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #98 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 10:17:24 »

Well I think it does. Cast your mind back to the Spurs V Tottenham game a couple of years back

I know what you meant but I had to quote it because it made me chuckle.
Spencer_White

« Reply #99 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 10:18:27 »

You bastard. I could have edited that and no one would have known!
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 10:24:53 »

Don't worry Spence i fully understood what you meant even without the edit button!  Grin

Incidentally,i fully agree about the World Cup bid,because it'll come down to football
politics and just how much money FIFA think they can make from the tournament.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 10:27:51 »

No one is saying players can't celebrate, they just can't do it in front of opposing fans as its just asking for trouble.

I'm surprised Tyson didn't get booked as its a bookable offence, pretty certain Cox got a card for celebrating a goal in front of the away fans at the Country Ground last season.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #102 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 10:32:24 »

I also don't think we'll ever see a return to 'how it was'. There are incidents all over the country which happen each year. I can think of a fair few occassions in the past two seasons Swindon have been involved in some sort of disorder, off the pitch or nearby to the ground.

The West Ham v Millwall one has been well documented due to it being televised, the historic rivalry and of course someone getting stabbed. Is it really any worse than some of those incidents we've seen with Swindon?

Incidents don't happen on the scale that they once did due to various reasons and I can't see a return to that ever happening. The latest incident has been over-cooked and it certainly won't prompt trouble to outbreak at other games any more than it already does.
Spencer_White

« Reply #103 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 10:41:53 »

I dont think the authorities realised some of the future effects of making it illegal for fans to come onto the pitch.

Nowdays to see fans on the pitch is a very powerful media image. When it happens it looks like a complete law and order breakdown.

I reality that is rarely the case, and joyous pitch invasions will always be a part of fan culture.

I'll always remmember the Walsall one years ago. Both sets of fans on the pitch. The only violence was police dogs biting fans.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 10:42:06 »

I'm surprised Tyson didn't get booked as its a bookable offence, pretty certain Cox got a card for celebrating a goal in front of the away fans at the Country Ground last season.

Leeds, when he scored the equaliser...quality stuff from Coxy, shame about the goalkeeping and defending.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: