Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: West Ham v Millwall  (Read 14650 times)
westcountry

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 10:59:55 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8221590.stm
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 12:43:44 »

Disgusting...put's football in the gutter

Trouble is banning those involved will make no difference as they are not football supporters anyway
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 12:51:56 »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-%26-technology/police-to-explain-why-they-stopped-football-fans-from--killing-each-other-200908262009/
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 12:53:48 »

that is duscusting i must say, especially the stabbing -

but i still think there is no way they can stop trouble happening in and around games
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 13:02:35 »

I think the Met are partly to blame for this. They have known of this fixture for 2 or 3 weeks now and the planning was absolutely shocking.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 13:06:17 »

Sad to see however there are a few facts,

FACT: There was always going to be trouble at this game, it didn’t matter how many police were there and looking at pictures it was under policed.
FACT: The West Ham fans did not attack Millwall fans inside the ground they jumped on the pitch goading like morons but wasn’t exactly “disorder” in a violent respect,  because they were not fighting on the pitch, just a pain in the back side and got excited. I didnt see the West Ham fans charge at the Millwall fans (however I could be wrong). Kenny Jacket said his players did not leave the pitch just stepped aside.
FACT: Most of the people causing trouble, did not have tickets to the match and therefore were not in the ground, Millwall away fans have to be registered with the club and cannot travel unless they have an away day card so any trouble was outside the ground not really inside.

A man was stabbed, unfortunate and why someone would bring a knife to a football match is beyond me. Compared to previous encounters between the 2 teams this was relatively peaceful in comparison due to only 10 arrests (so far). This one case of disorder is not the 70’s or 80’s and is an isolated incident between two hated rivals who have not played each other for years. Football is not returning to what it was as according to the news.

Someone I work with is a West Ham supporter and was at the game and said it was a great atmosphere inside but outside the trouble was kept to one area as opposed to all over the place. He feels the media has sensationalised the story as it sells papers etc. but he did say most of the problems were caused by West Ham fans after Millwall fans were in a pub singing about Calum Davenport who was stabbed on Sunday Night.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 13:12:48 »

Well West Ham should be ashamed....Leeds are no Angels but didnt steep that low last season when Millwall went to Elland Road.....never liked West Ham...been there a few times with The Town and not once enjoyed the experience.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 13:19:31 »

Fucking hell.

I didnt realise they were filming Green Street 3.

Where was that Tommy Hatcher cunt? And the Major?
The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 13:21:21 »

Its been a tough few days for WH, the trouble last night, Callum Davenport getting stabbed, then Jack Collison losing his father in a motorbike accident.
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 13:22:38 »

that has to be one of the worst hooligan scenes since the 80's when it was really bad...

dont know if any of you have or did watch the doccumentry on BBC about the england hooligans in the 2006 world cup. over 3,000 were banned and still trouble happened every night when england fans were there. An ex Stoke Hooligan said on there teh only was to stop trouble at football is by cutting all mens arms and legs off between teh age of 16-40.

by that im trying to say i dont think the police will ever get the upper hand over the stupid idiots that cause trouble in and around football matches at places such as: leeds, west ham, millwall, stoke etc
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 13:32:42 »

This might hinder the England 2018 WC bid of which a decision will be made in December.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 14:00:18 »

People get so outraged by FV but absolutely lap it up when it happens.

officially blacker than the night.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 14:24:21 »

FACT: gazza's facts are not facts
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 14:28:43 »

FACT: gazza's facts are not facts

Indeed.

If it was such a good atmosphere why they fuck were people leaving before the end of the first half?
Sussex

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 14:37:21 »

Nothing wrong with a bit of high spirits now and again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: