Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Atmosphere  (Read 10477 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 11:47:27 »

I nearly threw up when they started singing "loyal supporters". They must live in a parallel universe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 12:21:36 »

Just a nervous start. 5-0 first game, 4-1 the second. Fans didnt know what to expect.

Its the South stand that makes the difference though. If they get behind the team the whole place changes.

Poor attendance didnt help either. Couldnt believe how empty the Town End was. Weve missed out on at least 500 match day sales there.

I think you are right with all your points. I think some fans have chosen the Saints game over this one, hence the lower than expected crowd.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 12:35:04 »

I nearly threw up when they started singing "loyal supporters". They must live in a parallel universe.

they could have been going for the clubs entire history for all we know...

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 12:36:16 »

I dont think Fitton and co realised what a good turnout it was to get 5,000 season tickets last season.

If youve got all those fair weather fans in for a season then you have to make sure you give them something to come back for. As much as you can slag off Norwich sacking Bryan Gunn, it has to be said that in hindsight the board should have kicked Malpas out a lot sooner. Norwich have got a lot of fans to please considering they are third tier.

The board got themselves a massive headstart, but they blew it on Malpas. It will be hard work to get the attendances back up. Romance is definately down. I know quite a few who seem proud they dont feel the urge to anymore. Like they have kicked a nasty habit.

After Leeds League Cup in 2003 we were getting up to around 7,500 home fans. That was with Parkin and Mooney. Its a long road to recover attendace figures now. But I prefer it that way. The board will now be desperate for some good performances to get the fans in. By that I dont mean I expect them to splash the cash, just to install a 'desperate to win ethic' in the club. Not like last season's games when the club were guaranteed 7000 home fans no matter how shite they played. Football is going gay, much fewer away fans comming than a few years ago, even though we are a good day out for proper fans.

Really really need a good performace tuesday.

Maurice Malpas.  No No No
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 12:40:17 by Spencer_White » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:43:05 »

I'm expecting 10,000+ on Tuesday, given that some will have chosen that over the MK game, and that a few people will make an extra effort to go because its Saints. The main problem, as already stated, is a lack of people in the Town End. The DRS never makes any noise unless the TE starts it off. If we get some good performances on the pitch we can get the TE busy again and hopefully that will encourage atmosphere across the rest of the ground.
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:47:35 »

Beer! we need to sell beer in the town end! the more pissed people our the better atomsphere.

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 14:56:37 »

Agreed

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 15:07:35 »

couldn't make it yest but will be there tues...i usually enjoy a bit of a sing along so you'll defo notice the diff ;-)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 15:32:03 »

likewise jb

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 15:49:47 »

think we might but up against it a bit against the saints if we pipe up with 'ohhhhhhhhh when the reds'

whats the new song for our new striker? is it the old doo doo doo chant??
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 18:35:38 »

Not only has Fitton failed to buy Billy Sharp or Theo Robinson but he and his mate Watkins have failed to outsing 500 non-entities.  Fitton out.

Cheesy

/
W56196272
Spencer_White

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 18:38:57 »

think we might but up against it a bit against the saints if we pipe up with 'ohhhhhhhhh when the reds'

whats the new song for our new striker? is it the old doo doo doo chant??

To be honest, we copied that from Southampton (the slow bit).
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 18:52:10 »

Atmosphere has been shit since we played Nottingham Forest just after the take over went through IIRC.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 18:58:31 »

Leicester
Scunthorpe
Rovers

last season were all good atmospheres as I recall?!
dell boy

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 19:00:33 »

Leicester
Scunthorpe
Rovers

last season were all good atmospheres as I recall?!

Leeds
Milton Keynes
above average also.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: